The nightmare is back why is freddy in my dreams?

[b]Hello everyone,my name is Aali,I’m a 22 yr old from north carolina,since I was a little boy,Dreams and I have alway’s had a bit of an affair,growing up with a drug addicted mother,and abusive alcoholic pot head father dreams were always my escape from the hard life I lived but at the age of about 6 or 7 I was introduced to the “Nightmare on elm street” series and was soooo into it…long story short as the abuse for my father begin my beautifal dreams became nightmares…possesed by freddy they were always sooooo real I remember the most common one,where he was pushing in the door while i held it but as soon as i thought of the backdoor he stopped pushing and ran to it and just as I got to it he pushed in,the nightmares got worse and worse more real every night,until one night in the nightmare He cut me,the pain woke me up it with tear’s in my eyes it was so intense,i prayed and prayed tried to stay awake but nothing worked,I always knew in my dreams that they were dreams and developed some kind of trick where when it became to much and icouldnt get away from “him” i would close my eye’s in the dream and when I woke up I was alway’s out of the dream one night I defended myself and thought i killed freddy,The next day my father left and the abuse stopped along with the freddy dreams…Now I’m 22 and they have started again…I was in a graveyard that went on for miles and miles,I came to the biggest head stone of all but couldnt make out the name But something told me to run,But i always have so much power over my dreams to change them into whatever i wanted but for some reason i wasant able to this time…Thats when i heard his voice taunting me from all over saying I wouldnt make it out this time and that i would be stuck in a dream forever i turned around and there he was,for almost 11 yrs for the 1st time he was back in my dreams,I know it sound’s stupid or silly but,I’m so afraid I know he is just a character but…I swear on everything dear to me,In my dreams he is REAL and it is destroying me that he is back…AM I CRAZY? what should I do??..Am i the ONLY one who has gone through this??..Help me Guys…please

-Aali[/b]

Hi Aali, first feel welcome here! I’ve been on this forum for a while now and i’ve seen some posts similar to yours, of people who have been ‘haunted’ by a certain nightmare throughout their lives and eventually managed to build up their strength to use lucid dreams to stand up to their agressors. So it is not hopeless.
Dealing with scars from the past, i can tell you from experience, may best be attempted in waking life with the help of someone you trust so maybe you shouldn’t deal with this entirely on your own.
But lucid dreaming, yes, can be used for therapeuthic purposes as overcoming fear.

Hi Aali ,

what you experience I have with “him”,
what you need to do is essentially “not care”
simply let him “kill” you, and find the part of your mind and its thoughts which create this experience,
now it doesn’t mean to make him more powerful, you need to be neutral about it not like “oh no he’s “killing” me” but
there are a few ways to deal with this DC<
you can have a conversation with him, until you can control him and change him,
or you can use dream powers to “fight” but what you fight usually just gets stronger, since “he” is a VERY HIGHLY CHARGED EMOTION in your mind, and you have a lot of fear attached to “him”

perhaps the best situation is to confront him, look him in the eye, and then dissolve the entire dream into your heart,
if you focus on the heart the dream will become like watching hundreds of pictures fly by at once, maybe not pleasant, but they will be over sooner, and help you learn your lessons quicker.

you can also simply ignore him and in that dream you could say "well i’m here in a graveyard but it doesn’t matter, i can go where i want to " and think a really long story in your mind that is happy such as “and so then i will find a button here that will take me to the beach, and the dream police are there because *(anyone you know and trust ) said so! so the dream police will capture him as soon as I get there and all the dream characters will help me solve this issue.”

if you keep talking you will sort of go into a void and then it will start the new dream, its literally self-hypnosis

there’s not really a definite quick fix here, because these are emotions that want dealt with, so they are going to come until they leave, but you can change your attitude to them and make the process smoother, by using your conscious mind to think clearly while dreaming.

this also shows the importance of only interacting with positive and useful ideas, because freddy is this thought-form that doesn’t seem “real” but because one man created “him” and made movies about him, now he really does “exist” in people’s dreams, but of course, as a program, or an illusion, the same as Elmo or Cookie Monster would and do.

you can try a mantra such as Om, Om, Om, Om, and attack “him” with it, Om dissolves mental junk with light.

its a lot better to transform than “kill”
because transforming is permanent change,
you can dissolve him into a lot of pink fluffy things and then they will be happy, and so then “he” will not exist anymore.

or you could summon the Ninja Turtles and have them fight him,
and laugh at the wackiness that is unfolding.

[b]Thanx 4 responding guy’s and EVERYTHING you said made sense,I’m about to climb into bed aka the warzone and finish this for good…You really dont know how much I thank ya’ll,I have NEVER talked about this to anyone for fear of being tagged as crazy…so isandur and eyelids,THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart my you have everything you desire

-Aali[/b]

let us know how you do

my dreams last night i was in a swimming pool and this “jelly ray” creature of some kind of strange pink color with deadly stingers was near me

and my mind was like “oh no it will sting me” and kept thinking and fearing

but someone said “no, just love it”
so i did that and immediately it stopped coming closer to me and went away

it was good advice, JUST LOVE IT!

imagine this huge beam of pink light enough to fill the grand canyon pouring out of your heart and dissolving everything and creating a new dimension where there are flowers and wonderful rainbows and everything is blissful,
and send that light at your current dream and change it.

i had countless Freddy dreams when i was a kid, roughly introduced to it at around the same age as you were, i wish i waited to watch these movies but i learnt the hard way stupid parents! :tongue:
anyway when i got older, the dream stoped in there intensity, and i thought they were gone for good, but what i hated most of all about my freddy dreams, was i never knew when i would get one :eek: .
these dream were possibly why i started researching dreams in the first place, and i gotta say thanks freddy!
i never manged to actually kill freddy until one night in a powerful dream i had, you can read it here if you wish unsolvedmysteries.com/usm430823.html?t=Dreams
for some reason, after i killed freddy in my dream, he became a very powerful dream sign to me, i see him and think wait a min… i killed you befor… your not real! i gotta be dreaming! but still whenever i dream of him a battle always follows.