The Search for the Holy Grail[project]

You can read up on it here…mindtools.com/brainstm.html

sounds like a good idea, i think we should get a few more people onboard first though.

We should get the word out, maybe PM a few people who might be interested.

OK PM me when you think you have enough people, and let me know I would like to help.

Will do :smile:. WOn’t be on for the next couple of days :sad:, so if you guys can help find recruits that would be nice.

this project shares a name similar to this one, “Possible Holy grail Technique” :wink:

I think there’s really no holy grail that works for everyone :bored: But I there are different ways to increase your chance of getting a LD. WBTB being a very good one, increases your chance of getting lucid by about 5 times. And Jeff has told me about an aminoacid called phenylanaline that also increases your chance of getting lucid.

I think that if one practice on one method hard and long enough it will work no matter what method it is. But I do think certain techs work better for some people because they have a talent for that special tech. But if one has no talent, practice can probably make up for most of it though :cool_laugh: It just takes longer before one gets really good.

I think if we were to come up with such a good technique, it would have to be very well rounded, a sort of, on size fits all kinda thing (if thats possible)

You’d have to include aspects from;

Waking Life
Diet
Sleep Cycles
Amount of sleep
Effective Techniques already in existence
Drugs and Alcohol
Use of Technology
Autosugestion/hypnosis

…then, build something that is like a plan, where different techniques and stuff can be used based on what works for the individual using the ‘Holy Grail’.

A certain person now gone here (huh? yeah :sad:) told me he’s got an idea to mix certain chemicals (none harmful, mind you) that, taken together, should induce almost automatic LD’s. I’m waiting eager to be one of the first to test this (I hope he sends out a test sample soon), and if I do, I’ll certainly inform you of the results.

Count me in Dream_Reacher! :cool_laugh:

good suggestions, maybe we should have several really good techs for different kinds of people. i think the substance idea is good, but scary. I would only personally endorse something non-harmful.

Ofcourse. When I mentioned drugs and alcohol, I should’ve said that most of them inhibit REM sleep, so someone who uses them regularly should stop while using the ‘holy grail’.

Ahhh, ok.

As far as supplements/herbs go, the two which have had an amazing effect on my dreams are: Calea Zacatechichi (incredible for dream clarity, and pretty safe from what I’ve read) and Guayusa, which is a little known Amazonian plant which has a high caffeine content which acts as a slow-release stimulant while you sleep. Whether or not it is just the caffeine that gives you lucid dreams I’m not sure, but this stuff did give me a very vivid lucid dream.
Guayusa is pretty much untested outside of the Amazon rainforest as far as I know, so be careful and use it at you own risk. Just do a Google search to learn more…

I once tried asking a lucid dream to show me a lucid dream technique. I said to my self “when I open the door to this school this lucid dream will show me a lucid dream technique on the other side”. As I lifted my hand to open the school door, I realized I had a 5 pound wrist weight on my wrist, which I belived was the answer then I woke up. I can’t see how wrist weights would help. But my point is that maybe lucid dreaming itself could provide the answer.

One of the elements of ‘the Holy Grail’ should be acheiving a goal of some kind. That would help focous the mind. What better goal than learning something to do with Lucid Dreaming :tongue:

Have you tried analizing the “wrist wait” like you would a ND. That gives me an idea, I posted earlier about brainstorming… How about if I have a brainstorm in a LD, with DC?

I mean wrist weight, Im really not that bad of a speller.

sorry I can’t be on the forums more lately. good idea about finding the tech within an LD, since I can’t LD very well, I can’t do that, but some of you who can, give it a whirl. wouldn’t that Amazonian plant keep you awake? I sit expensive? Legal? It also sounds like something that could be potentially dangerous(if it’s not been tested much?). Personally, I’m going for the super-safe, super-legal route.
Josh: our goal, hmmm, for everyone in the project to LD at will (oh boy, I’m getting in over my head…)

Awesome, sounds like a good goal to me.
I think we should start with smaller goals that will work up to that main goal though, like, if you can’t lucid dream well, your first goal should be at least 5 per month or something. If you are advanced, then go for the main goal of 1 per night.