The Secret

The video does support what I said, but for astoundingly stupid reasons. There is no proof at all. Everything they bring up as proof is a coincidence (by definition, not opinion). If all you need is ‘the secret’ then where’s joe blo with a GED and only 8 fingers, a chick on each arm, and a row of gold teeth? They did not say anything about sitting on your butt, but they didn’t say anything about hard work, or planning, or saving, education, contacts, etc.; the sitting on your butt was implied by omission. I did watch the video. The fact that they even posted the scene with the guy looking at the lottery sign made me sick. They, just like the lottery, prey on people, and it makes me mad. I even wrote that I agreed with the part about thinking about what you want to get it. The talk of ‘not understanding, but still using/BELIEVING’ is also aggrevating. The scene in one of the clips has a guy stating that he doesn’t understand electricity, but he uses it. He’s telling everyone to use the F word (faith). That also is a red flag for me. I say keep a positive attitude, but be smart, too! Where did these videos come from? Why was this produced and put out like it has been? There’s money put into it, and I’ll willing to bet its not from the Internation Non-Profit Foundation To Promote The Secret To Everyone. Some of what they say is useful. Some of it is very harmful. Depend on yourself and believe in yourself. Don’t think that you will be rich in a year just because you are thinking it. That would be counterproductive! What’s the motivation to save, work, or further education when all you have to do is think about it! It scares me that people buy into this; I ask you all to just be honest with yourselves.

Mind Make Over Magic
Health, wealth and happiness are just a thought away! Mind Makeover Magic is an AUTORUN CD program which reprograms the mind in a positive and fun way. You can create custom Mind Commands with your choice of music, and output to MP3 players, iPods or audio CDs.
View Detailed Description
Price: $49.95

Straight from the ‘secret website’

Say, that’s a pretty nice online store they’ve got there… Professional… comprehensive… Why, they have everything I’d need to start using ‘The Secret’! And the prices aren’t bad, considering the benefits!

Turns out it costs a couple hundred to get the full ‘Utilize the Secret Kit’

:razz: to them

:razz: I say

Hm. Well, I certainly won’t say that you don’t have a very plausible point there. However, I will say, again, that this video is very shallow. If you know more about these philosophies, such as I do, they make a lot more sense. You’re right; the video, to someone who doesn’t know a lot about this, is utter crap. However, it represents something much bigger, better, and more sensible.

I’ve known this. I noticed it recently. I’ve always tried to think positively.I used to not like little bits of things like gene blaming me for stuff. Now I don’t let what people do to me effect me. Or I may respond with a rude yet witty comment because I find the reaction entertaining. :grin:

It all sounds a bit like the book Psycho-Cybernetics by Maltz, which was written over 40 years ago, to me.

Dpaig1, I think we have a lot in common :wink:

has anyone seen the secret? its awesome watch it :happy:

merged into existing “the secret” topic :content:

What is the secret I have never heard of it

the secret is a movie… um its hard to explain, they found the secret to the universe, go search it on google

Isnt about making money. Thats why I wasnt really enterested in seeing it. Is it about something more then wishing for money, is it more profound then that?

Could you use the secreat to lucid dream?

I have the Movie DVD!!! It’s very popular here in Brazil!!!
The Secret is about the universal “Law of Attraction”. They say that if you really believe in having something, the universe will open the ways for you to get it!!!
Never helped me with having LDs, but usually helps a lot with some smaller stuff…

It’s about anything and everything. Whatever you want, desire, need can be yours if you only believe it will come to you and take those necessary steps to attract it into your life. It isn’t just about money, or superficial things. It is used for everything in your life, and it works, whether you believe in it or not. Right this very moment the law of attraction is having an effect on your life. The question is: Do you want to attract good things or bad things? Take a look at The Secret and the book Ask And It Is Given (whish is superior to the first). It’s amazing stuff that everybody should benefit from. :content:

I have seen it, i bought it to help someone who is very close to me overcome some problems they were facing.

Be careful with how you read this tho, the movie is not about just thinking “ok i would really like 1million dollars” and then tomorrow there is a cheque for you.

It is all about feeling and beleiveing. You have to beleive in something first, like you have to beleive that you have already won lotto that is being drawn tomorrow night and when you take in your ticket tomorrow you already know you have won. This is the type of “knowing” that you must have.

I have used to laws of attraction in many aspects of my life, and i cant think of anytime where i have had bad luc. Many people do not understand how i always seem to be one step ahead of everyone in whatever i am doing or why i am offered an opportuinity that seemed impossible to get. And it all comes down to me wanting something bad enough. So bad that it consumes every fibre of my being. And when i want it like that, then it comes. Maybe not in the way that i expected it to, but it does come. Maybe not over night, but when i am looking out for it, i will always see it very shortly.

The laws of attraciton also help tune you into the vibes that you are seeking, Money happiness love etc etc. And because you are tuned in to these things you tend to tunnel vision as well, so you are only seeing opertunities of making money or finding love, finding that perfect person.

the same works the other way too, oh im overweight and i cant lose it, or no one will ever love me because of who i am or i will never be rich i have no money extra to invest. Well if there are your thoughts your acitons will mimic your thought patterns, the world around you will take shape to how you see things.

Always remember to think positive, and known deep inside your self that you can have whatever you want. Always remember that impossible is just a word and in reality, nothing is.

Lucid dreaming is a key principle of this, will it and so it is there, want it and it shell come. So its in your head, so it happens right away, but deep down, on the partical level on the quantium level, we are all one anyway, there is no difference between you and the keyboard you are trying on . On this level we are all related and all affected by thoughts and possibilities.

Sometimes you have to close your eyes to see clearly

Richard

Ok, restarting this i suppose - there seems to be alot of previous posts from members 2 years ago that had just learnt the secret - maybe you could say whether it has been working since you found out about it?

Ive known since my 15th birthday, and Gee its worked for me, ive had a whole ticklist of things i wanted ticked off within a month. So im very happy, no matter what the skeptics say. Theres no harm in trying to think positively though, surely? So its worth a go i say, even if yu dont belive it try and do little things to build up proof for yourself :cheesy:

I have found this book written in the 1920s about the “Secret” it is true,. that for ages people have known tings about how to use the mind to attain success, but it so happens this book is totally free, and there for you to read in its entirety, and honestly it was the most inspiring of any material I have read on this subject.

You may have to do some tinkering with your browser to see the text, because sometimes it has appeared as white text against white background, opening in IE or highlighting everything with your cursor, clicking and dragging to find the text.

Thanks, I will read that tomorrow

Same here :smile:
Eyelids have you had much success on The Secret?
Have you TimeLess?

ֵEveryone has success with the secret, whether they want it or not.

You can’t do something before you visualize yourself doing it in your mind, that includes everything, from every step you take on the road, to every person you befriend with , to the apartment you’re living in .

Where you are right now is no coincidence, it is your thoughts that brought you there, wherever you may be.

thank u eyelids, i’ll read the book tomorrow…
OT:maybe this helps my in lucid dreaming, ty guys