The Stargate Fan's meeting point

Hey , who here likes Stargate ? i find it quite amazing !! (although its a bit funny how ALL of the characters speak English and its not explained with a translation device hehe)
greets, sakoda

Indeed :smile: (Teal’c style :razz:)

They all speak english cause they all originally comes from the goa’uld (If I’m not completely wrong)- English was the main language of the goa’uld’s (Or whoever it was) and they came to different planets and… Well, the human race (and all other races) evolved from this.

I doubt it was the goa’uld, but atleast it was one of Daniel Jacksons theories.

I’m somewhat of a Stargate fan, I like the whole modern-scifi concept :smile:

The thing is, it is in conflict with Stargate the movie. In the Movie the Abidonians had no understanding of English.

It’s obvious why they did it in the show, I’d rather have aliens speak English and “ignore it” than read subtitles. What I want to know is: how do they explain the Asurians/Ancients and species in the Pegasus galaxy that never met the Goa’uld and we know the Ancients didn’t speak English otherwise Daniel wouldn’t have had to mess around translating all the written ancient :wink:

I don’t know about the Pegasus Galaxy.

But I know about our galaxy, You’re not completely wrong MovieMe, but Goa’uld main language is Goa’uld which is similar to egyptian I think might be wrong.

The reason everybody speak the same language was that everyone came from the Tau’ri-world(The Earth :wink: ) and then they Goa’uld took humans from earth and placed them on other planets, to let them grow into something that could worship them.

Well it’s still a little mystery why they only took english-speaking persons :tongue:.

Especially considering the fact that when they took people there was no english language, at least not one that we would recognise today.

I’d like to just take a moment to point out that Stargate the movie has the best score of any movie ever (sweeping statement, but nonetheless true(is nonetheless even a word?) Oops, brackets within brackets) God bless composer David Arnold (who, for all english people of around my age reading this, also did the original theme tune to live and kicking!)

But the Goa’uld only took people back in the Ancient Egyptian times according to the plot, the revolution sent Ra packing and no Goa’uld came back and the Tau’ri became almost legend among the Jaffa.

Now I may be wrong, but I don’t think English existed back then. :tongue:

The history of the language can be traced back to the arrival of three Germanic tribes to the British Isles during the 5th Century CE. This is long after Ra leaving Earth in 3000 BCE, now it’s possible some Gou’ald visited after this point but going by what we know of history stargate wise, it doesn’t seem to fit.

Maybe they were all given babel fish and they just don’t know it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Babe … iagram.jpg

:just running in and waving :happy: : Love Stargate :smile: Been watching it most of today…

Then watched an Aladdin episode… and there was a character who looked like an Ori and talked about Atlantians XD LOL…

And why did the monk on oma desalas planet speak english ? why do all robots and androids ?

Stargate is cool :happy: I only quite recently started watching it because it’s only recently started airing here (at least I haven’t seen it on before), but I like it so far :smile:

I just got “stagate , the ark of truth” , its quite good , anybody watched it yet ?

I watched it before Xmas. Don’t remember much of it though, it was just nice to have an end to the Pah-Wraiths Vs prophets in the alpha-quadrant battle… oh wait that was StarTrek DS9 :tongue:

Seriously though, it was nice that they chose to finish the Ori thing up. I do like how they dealt with Tomin though, Vala was always right about him being a good man at heart, so I am glad they chose to deal with him that way rather than kill him off.

I’m waiting for StarGate Continuum. Just because my favorite Gou’ald is in it :tongue:

WHAAAAAAAAT !!! do you mean Ba’al ? or do you meant the goa’uld as a race ? …
(they built the system of goua’ul the most tourough i think…)

Of course Ba’al. He’s got a sexy voice!

Ba’al is one of the few people I felt could really pull off the whole god thing, unlike most who were arrogant, cocky but pretty much all show. Ba’al had the smarts to back it up. I always felt like Apophis was wrapped up in his own spin and he never felt like a threat to Earth.

Ba’al on the other hand wasn’t, he was masterful, strategical and didn’t walk into things blindly unless it was absolutely necessary.

yes , seems so , he is also not so much sarcophagus intoxicated it seems …
btw , what has been gosthing around in my head fo a while , wraith are ancients bitten by the the icarus bug , so , a complex ,but shure way to get rid of a wraith would be to first make them human , then put them into the chamber seen in tao of rodney , and chiao , see you in another existence :lol: … what do you think ?

Could just chop off their hands so they can’t feed.

they regenerate , oh , and don’t they do it with theyr mouth anyways ? :lol: …also , thats a humanistic method of getting rid of an enemy , chopping of theyr hands … dude , your brutal :yes:

They do regenerate, but I don’t think appendages and limbs grow back.

A wraith, feeding from it’s mouth? Don’t be daft. That’ll be series 5 when they meet a race of vampires. :tongue:

Not that I expect there to be a season 5.

why ? are you also among the people who find atlantis inferior to SG1 ? or are you juat pessewmistic ? :lol: … well , i have not watched so many stargate atlantis episodes with wraith in it , …

Have you never seen them feed? They suck the life out of a person via their hand, which looks kind of like this:

Part of the reason I don’t think there will be a season 4 is that the wraith seems to be the only enemy in the Pegasus Galaxy that is unique to Atlantis, so unless they plan on keeping them around a long time I don’t see it lasting. Besides, how will they beat the Ori story? After Sg-1 wiped them out any thing atlantis does, just seems small and petty :tongue: