The Tenth Lucidity Challenge- the ninth challenge!!

That was my problem too. :razz:

Most tasks are easier when lucid. :wink:

Even if your not lucid but complete the task you’ll get SOME points…just not the lucidity bonus, it’ll also make it very hard!! laughs

You can post results from dreams from previous tasks I think but you just won’t get the deadline bonus, which can be very important towards the end.
We WILL have a catch up session further in so… :smile:

i got lucid and flew half way over the canyon but got bored of it so i decided (this always interested me) to see what the inside of the canyon looks like so i glided down but my plan was ruined when i smashed into a two storie building! i fell to the ground unhurt and was then picked up by a giant bird and then it flew me to it’s bird nest and i woke up

(just wondering would you count a bird carrying you while it’s flying a different flying technique) that seriouly happened of course i was gutted when i didn’t see the bottom of the canyon that would of been cool

We’ll see…grins Try again tonight see if you can get anymore points… :smile:

ok thanks i’m glad smashing into a 2 story building didn’t hurt though but i’m not gonna try it anytime soon :happy:

Right you guys are going to get a bit longer to do this because I won’t have access to a computer until Monday, so the challenge will be quite tricky, but you will have longer to do it… :smile:

The Phantom dreamers of the Opera

Visit a famous theatre/stage- 10points
Complete one song number (at least 15secs long)- 20 points
Complete one dance number (ditto)- 20points
Combined (ditto) - 30 points
Do a scene with someone famous/well-known- 30 points
Bonus chances
Explore backstage- 30 points
Interact with the audience- 50 POINTS!!! gasps

You will have until Monday, 8:00AM to post.
You can try and catch up with the others if you have the chance but any bonuses will be invalid.

Good luck!!

I became lucid last night, after I went to a museum and had to fight a caveman, and realized the situation was a little unusual. After pushing the caveman out the window, and walking around the building, I decided to try the flying task.

I found my way up to the roof somehow, where it was dark and snowy. I started by trying to fly just by moving my body with telekinesis, the first way I ever managed to fly in lucid dreams, and as usual, it worked, but not very well, as I find that kind of flight to be slow and hard to control. Next I tried the method of running, then jumping and just trying not to fall down again, and that worked a little better, although for every time that I could make that method work, there was another time where I couldn’t, and when it did work, it was hard to change directions.

Then I’'m not sure exactly what happened, but I think I ended up flying into the parking lot, helping to fix someone’s vehicle, and going back into the museum, and reaching the roof again by climbing up from an open window. I tried to grow wings, but the closest I could manage was to grow small feathers from my arms. After this, things got confusing again, and the next thing I remember clearly was being non-lucid, participating in a carnival game where if you avoided a series of deathtraps, you could win a prize (It was easy, just a beartrap, a small robot with a circular saw, and a couple of flamethrowers that were easy to crawl under. There were lots of prizes, but most looked boring. I ended up choosing a book.).

I finally managed the flying task somehow. I don’t remember this dream as clearly as the other dream I recalled tonight, so I think it happened earlier. I think I became lucid, because I remembered this competition and the flying task. Though, it may have been a false LD as well, but I suspect I was low-level lucid, because I remembered stuff from my RL.

Anyway, I started out with “superman style”, which went quite well. It wasn’t fast, but I thought it was enough, and did my normal flying thing, flapping my arms to take-off, then glide when I’ve got enough height.

Then, in the other dream, I wasn’t lucid, but I did lots of flying; I was Pit ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl ). I don’t know if that counts as either growing wings nor transform into something else, but that’s up to Tundra to decide. As Pit, I glided a lot, and free-flew using the Wings of Icarus, his up-B move.

Those are my two cents, it’s up to Tundra to decide my score. :smile:

so what are the scores after the second task?

I was lucid last night, but didn’t remember the task, because I was distracted by the plot of the dream, where I was some sort of telekinetic soldier sent out by the government to get rid of creatures inhabiting the lower level of my house.

I’m afraid I can’t post the scores atm because I’m in a library and only have limited time so I’m going to tot EVERYTHING up when I get home…sorry… :sad:

The next challenge (before I get kicked off)
Time to change

For this task (sorry its a bit pants but I left the challenges at home.250milesaway! I just made this one up on the spot!) you will be putting your transformation skills to the test…you will be turning into…a tree!! (whoop!)

If you manage to transform but don’t get to full height- 20 points
If you manage to transform and get to full height- 30 points
If you bear flowers or fruit/seeds etc- 30 points
If you ‘touch the sky’ - 20points
If you ‘feel your roots’ - 20points
If you are host to animals/wildlife/other plants- 20 points

You will have until Thursday 8:00AM GMT

Good luck! Sorry about the whole in Wales with no internet thing…I’m really sorry.

:cry:

I’m in a little lucid dip :confused: No succes at all yet!

/me wil have a LD tonight!

yes i got lucid and turned into a proper tree the size of a skyscraper with flowers leafs and 12 branches also rabbits burrowed underneath me while a wood pecker thought that my ear was a little hole in the wood (wich of course it was just a hole in the bark) it gave me brain damage and i went to tree hospital also my toes were the roots and the soil felt horrible

(i have edited this and finished it because i didn’t have time this morning as we had assembly to get to) :content:

ebil shimp: you need to update your LD count.

yeah i always forget to

No success at all… my DR is getting reeeally bad :sad:

I’ll keep trying!

My DR sucks now too… No success… Next task?

I have been lucid (but just a few seconds) and I did use a new flying technique. (Just not while I was lucid.)

I came to a new town by train. I have to go to the center. I use a bucket and I jump of the train. I am able to fly with the bucket. It works like some kind of parachute. I can steer with the bucket and I fly to the center of the town. I walk into a small house. People were expecting me, but I have the feeling that I am not welcome. My boyfriend is there too. It is dark. He can record things in the dark and when you look back at it, it looks like it was day. He recorded us and I can see myself sitting on the bed. At the end of the dream I realise that I am lying in bed and that I am dreaming. Unfortunally I wake up.

Right, sorry for the delay…I can’t believe my bad luck! Anyway, I will be home by 5 tomorrow so I’ll tot everything up then.

The next challenge!! (I like this one also…giggles)
Yet another game

For this challenge you will be taking a visit to the Playground!!! :tongue:
If you get to the playground (please describe) 10points
If you play a game- 20 points
If you win a game- 30 points
If you meet the DarkSiDers…grins…30points
(Plus a 10 point bonus if you give them a pineapple!)
yet another 20 point bonus is you muck about/dress up/roleplay/
and generally be very silly!!

Have fun! The deadline for this challenge is Sunday 8:00AM GMT

When normal service will be resumed!!