Tips for remembering

Hello all,

To start, this is my first post, and I’m not 100% sure if this is in the right section or if I’m breaking any rules or what not, so if anythings off just tell me and I’ll edit this.

Sometime ago, like a week or so, I finally had a big breakthrough with lucid dreaming, I was in a dream doing whatever, and I asked myself “am I dreaming?”, now I think I either woke up, or just went straight to a new dream, and within the last few days I can’t remember much and I was hoping you could show me some threads or tips on how to remember better, and I have a dream journal and I say before sleep “I’m going to dream and remember…etc.” and I’m thinking about trying the glass of water before bed trick.

Also can someone explain the realty checks? I know of the checking time and breathing through my fingers, but I read today people do reaity checks while awake to help lucidity, how does this work? and I’m starting to find out what my main dream sign is, I believe it is sex lol, I’m only 17 so I dream about girls often, how do I use this dream sign to become lucid?

Thanks for reading.

:wave: hello Bmac, welcome to the forum. I was going to move your post into the big remembering dreams topic … but you went on to talk about RCs too :eh:
Here is the link to the BIG remembering dreams topic part V - there is also a Reality Check topic in pathways :content:

in two possible ways … you either do a reality check whenever you come across something that you see in your dreams a lot. Then with doing it when you are awake, when you dream of it you will do a RC then too and become lucid :yay:
or you do RC so often (every half hour or hour) that you will do a RC in your dream too. (I prefer the first method)

everytime you talk to a girl you do a RC? :wiske:

Woman are not objects, they are people.

Thanks for the advice moogle.
And I didn’t say women are objects.

Peace.

Hi Bmac! :welcome:
I suggest you don’t try and remember “within the last few days” but rather try to remember immediately. I keep my dj in my bed whenever I sleep-not even at arm’s length. I also share a room, so I keep a handy reading lamp so as not to wake up my sister. Write down as much as you remember at that time. I’ve remembered dreams in bits and pieces where I write it and its all out of order, for example and I’ve had to go back and order it; and it made sense as soon as I did. (does that happen to anyone else by the way?) There will be times when I wake up, remember little fragments, write them down, and then remember details later, which is fine. but its not so bad. I’ve taken to carrying a little notebook wherever I go for this reason.

lucid dreams will be so much easier to remember, and on weekends I tend to remember alot more of what goes on in dreamland, usually about 3 dreams. You may want to try and take a nap, or sleep in a different spot for different results…I know I tend to dream more strongly when I sleep under the stars on my hammock (and I tend to wake up with a powerful peaceful sensation; I tend to remember more easily) Its nice.

as for reality checks, the idea is to do them so much in real life that you’ll remember to do them in a dream and recognize it, right? I’ve played with them and done them irl, just haven’t rmembered to do it in a dream yet :content: I’ll get it right one of these day’s I’m sure.