Using Your LDs

moved from lucid lab to quest … since it is questions and not an idea for an experiment :moogle:

So, I haven’t yet had an LD but have been reading pretty deeply into them the past couple of nights. I am really excited to experience this and want to use it to help me with some of my personal fears.

1. I have this phobia of rats and mice. They scare me to death and if I see one in my house or somewhere, anywhere for that matter, I freeze up and almost die. It is stuck on my mind for hours after that and is quite frankly horrifying. The little buggers are just gross! Would it be possible to help cure this in an LD?

2. Is it possible to change preferences in dreams. For instance, if I dislike eating green beans and want to enjoy them at a meal, is it possible to trigger your subconscious mind to start liking them? This is just an example, this could be used to change anything from political viewpoints to even sexual preference I suppose!

Just a few questions I wanted to ask so if I get a stable LD then I will be ready to go! :woo:

Hey, Welcome to LD4all! If you haven’t already why don’t you introduce yourself in the BIG “Hi, I’m new here!” topic? :content:

You’re likely to run into some conflicting viewpoints here, but in theory what you’re asking is all possible.

For the rodent phobia, one option could be a sort of gradual exposure therapy. Conjuring up a rodent in an enclosed area nearby so that it can’t get to you, and then over time (Not just a few minutes, but days or weeks or even months depending on how you react to the therapy) you gradually make the rodent closer and expose it more until you’re more comfortable with it.

This is something that could be done in WL, but it would be easier to set up in LD for sure.

As for the second bit…well I’ve got no experience with self-hypnosis or subconscious…ah…what would you call it? Artificial subconscious self-manipulation…bah, whatever. :tongue:

I know other people here have tried that though, I’m sure one of them can give some info on their experience for you.

Ya all that seems to be what I expected to happen. I was hoping I could like fight a rat or something and then hug it :razz:

Also, I haven’t yet had an LD so I will experience a bit with it once it actually happens and get back to this thread with my findings!

That’s actually a good way to take care of nightmares, hugging them! Good idea.

Here’s to your imminent success then! :beer: ← [com](sparkling cider :puh: )[/com]

Some fears can be good. For example: if I didn’t have that slight fear of heights I have, then there would be nothing to keep me from finding out what it feels like to fall off a tall building. :tongue: