Warm Milk

Warm milk works wonders for those who can’t fall asleep.

I gave it to both of my kids even now I still give it to them but in different forms.

Now when they can’t sleep. I give them a little bit of cornflakes with warm milk and sugar. I put splenda in mine but they fall asleep fairly quickly and with smiles on their faces.

i thought it was the lactic acids that caused drowsiness

Worked for me the first night I tried it. :smile:

I don’t know much about how vanilla and cinnamon affect dreaming, but this concoction is pretty good and knocks me out quickly enough:

1 1/2 C milk
1 tsp honey
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
dash of cinnamon

Warm the milk and honey together and then add the other stuff… of course add more or less of whatever you like, this is just the way I like it.

It tastes like melted vanilla ice cream…

Yummm, really? I’ll try it, though I never really like warm milk.

Doctors always recommend drinking a glass of milk before bed, as it contains melatonin and trace amounts of morphene, to make you all nice and sleepy. I’m getting drowsy just thinking about it! :smile:

okay, so what is it that helps you Ld? The chemical (or whatever it is…lol) in milk, or the warmness of it?

I hate milk :wink: . I like yogurt, cheese, icecream, and a bunch of other dairy products…but milk just grosses me out for some reason. So could I eat some other dairy product and get the same effects? just wonderin… :wink:

it doesnt actaully help LD, well i guess it doesn in a sense that you can fall asleep faster

I usually microwave some water in a mug and put some green tea in it, then I add milk, sugar, and honey. It usually puts me in a relaxed state and allows me to go to sleep easily. And they say that green tea contains antioxidants which make you healthier and less prone to becoming ill.

You can mix around the amounts of milk, sugar, and honey, or just leave them out altogether, whatever works for you.

I don’t understand how someone can not like milk…

yes.

Warm milk doesn’t help you LD but it’ll help you relax so that you can fall asleep.

You could even try WILD…

Hey whats up?

I was reading through this topic last night and decided to give warm milk a go, as ive had a very dry patch of recall and just boring dreams in general. That night i had my first LD!!! Im not sure if it was because of the milk, but it seems so as i had many other ND’s that were very detailed and vivid (eg dreams within a dream, contemplating me dreaming etc). This is definately worth a try, it seemed to work for me.

-Cheers

Taipan, might be because you were willing to try something new and think it would boost your lucidity or recall… funny how the mind works. I know I need to get some more milk and drink it regularly before bed to boost my recall as well.

Ok right now I’m drinking a glass of warm milk. Added a pinch of cinnamon and sugar. Not bad at all. Also took 100 mg of B6. Will be back with results, which I hope will be amazing.

I LOVE hot chocolate .
Iuse milk , chocolate and sugar .’
Will this have the same effect ?

I LOVE hot chocolate .
Iuse milk , chocolate and sugar .’
Will this have the same effect ?

But doesn’t chocolate contain caffine?

Caffeine can help to keep your mind awake as your body falls asleep.

Ok .
I didn`t know that .
So I shall not drink it before bedtime '?