WBTB/FILD help

So, I’m practicing FILD, and I’m waking up at 4:00 a.m and going ot bed at around 10-11 p.m. In the FIlD guide ([Hargart's Induction Technique Log (HILD))) it says you need to get in a state where you are very tired but also not too awake. Usually, when I try getting to this state, I’m too far awake or I just fall asleep. Almost all the time I end up falling asleep. Can anyone who does FILD or anyone else I guess give me any tips to attaining what the writer of the FILD guide explain it as the following:“a state where you are very tired, and feel like you could easily fall asleep”

Thanks

How long have you been staying awake before you go back to bed?

Not long at all: less than 5 mins.

Try staying awake for an hour. You should feel like you are perfectly awake to the point you can fall back to sleep, if you want to, but you don’t need to. You need to feel like you’re wide awake enough to easily start your day before you go back to sleep. That’s what Dr. Stephen LaBerge recommends, at least, and it’s always worked well for me.

Also, avoid turning on any lights, cause that will activate chemicals in your brain that will make it hard for you to fall back asleep. Also, don’t listen to any music and keep it very quiet and dark the whole time. The light from your computer screen shouldn’t be a big problem. Don’t eat or drink anything while you’re up at this time either.

The thing is with me, is that when I stay up for more than 1/2 an hour, I am so awake that I don’t think I’ll get to the state I need to be in for FILD. Ill try waking up for an hour tomorrow and ill tell you the results.