WBTB/SUNEYE Misunderstandings

Hello everyone,

My name is Joe Russa, discoverer of the SUNEYE Method. I am writing because after reading the threads here I am beginning to see that a lot of people are getting confused between WBTB (Wake-BacktoBed) and the SUNEYE Method.

First WBTB is a technique that involves waking yourself up from bed, reading or doing something, and going back to sleep after a certain time frame. Alone, WBTB is NOT effective… and while I may have included it in the SUNEYE Method, most likely you will not experience anything because it is not powerful enough (alone) to support the Mind Awake/Body Asleep theory.

Second, people think that WBTB and SUNEYE are two seperate techniques. That is incorrect because the SUNEYE Method is not a technique, it is a method of doing something a certain way (more like a guide). WBTB is a technique that is used inside the SUNEYE Method along with other techniques. Each of the techniques alone will probably not be powerful enough to cause you to have a lucid dream or an out-of-body experience.

Therefore, WBTB is a technique and the SUNEYE Method is a method (guide) that combines the WTBT technique, along with a lot of other techniques, to create a powerful way to have LDs or OBEs. For instance, many people noticed that techniques that use suggestions (recorded or told mentally) before you go to sleep do not work most of the times. Now, they mixed WTBT along with the suggestions and they find that it helps in the induction, sometimes. Then, they mix in a lot of other techniques, and now, they have a powerful way to induce OBEs and LDs. That is what the SUNEYE Method does.

SUNEYE Method uses the theory Mind Awake/Body Asleep to be able to induce OBEs and LDs. It is not one technique, but a method of multitude specialized techniques that when combined has been proven to increase your chances of inducing an OBE or LD.

SUNEYE Method 1, for instance, uses and combines the following factors that are necessary in order to be successful:

1. Focusing (like Third Eye Focus Light technique)
  2. Suggestioning (like affirmations, hypnosis, etc.)
  3. Mind Awake/Body Asleep (like the WBTB technique)
  4. Physical & Mental environment (sit-up technique, sleeping pills techniques, sleep deprivation techniques, etc.)
    & finally and most importantly,
  5. Actual Vibrational Induction medium (Third Eye Focus Strong technique, Breathe Out Long technique, etc.)

Note: The original methods do not include number 5 because it was not until my 3 year hiatus that I discover them to start the vibrations necessary for out-of-body experiences.

Each of the above factors have a range of techniques that can be used and combined for induction. For instance, I use the Third Eye Focus technique for 1) Focusing and WBTB technique for 3) Mind Awake/Body Asleep and other techniques for the other factors… as long as you use all of the factors together, it does not matter what techniques you use. Well actually, the techniques you use is important because some of them are more effective than others and may work for some people and not others.

That is why a lot of people trying to give themselves suggestions during the day, “Am I dreaming.”, which is used by Stephen Laberge have no luck. As you can see, that is only using one of the factors (Suggestioning) and not all. You may have better chances adding in another factor, and even better chance still, if you mix in all of them.

Until later, good luck and farewell.

Joe Russa (SUNEYE)

Can you explain step-by-step how these methods work? I don’t know much about suneye.

nvm, i’ll post this in the other thread you made.

When I tried suneye I only did the focusing on third eye part when going to sleep at night and in the beginning I had about a 70% sucessrate :eek: I would get lucid after 3 to 5 hours and I almost never get lucid that early during the night. But then it stopped working for me :cry: But atleast it worked extremely well in the beginning :razz:

Well the suneye method didn’t make me lucid the few times i have used but it had make my thoughts a lot clearer when using auto-suggestions like MILD for instance.

So I think what the SUNEYE method does is to clear your thoughts and make a clear vision of what you want to accomplish, look a it as a Mind Chattering-cleaner?