What are some of your personal dreamsigns?

-water
-telekinesis

I tend to dream about a person for a few weeks and then they are replaced by someone else. So that’s not that reliable as a dreamsign for me.

• I’m abroad or meeting foreigners
  • aeroplane
  • train
  • I feel like a movie or a game character
  • old teachers and friends

edit: - I’ve forgotten to mention about the famous people (actors)

• jumping high, “moong gravity”
  • technical things (especially pc) not working
  • talking or thinking about (lucid) dreaming
  • sex/women

Most things that occur often in my dreams also occur often in RL and therefore don´t make for a good dreamsign (the last two ones also fall into that category, but they still seem to be useful).

Btw, I am currently trying to get back to lucid dreaming after some months of no LDs :smile:

• Seeing two of the same person
  • Girls with dicks
  • Weird things in sky (extra suns/moons/UFO’s/tornados)
  • Breathing underwater

All of those have made me lucid (or promted a RC) at least once.

• being at the house I grew up in (it’s in another city)
  • climbing stairs
  • large skyscrapers
  • hotels/condos
  • elevators that travel sideways and even upside-down

What about TV characters then, JaRoD?

It looks like houses and people from the past is the most common one so far :cool:

Yes Siiw, but they seem to change after a few weeks usually :razz: And it’s hard having 10+ charaters as dreamsigns :grin:

-friends i usually talk to
-family
-school
-things that happen during the day

and a couple times i’ve had bathroom dreams with absolutely NO privacy :sad:

• river, river and river (very common in my dreams)
  • running or escaping from something/ someone
  • fishing
  • waking up (never forget to do a RC after waking!)
  • holding or using a gun
  • flying airplanes
  • practising sport
  • seeing UFO’s
  • flying
  • wandering in the country
  • playing hockey(i dont play hockey IRL)
    -giant bathrooms with weird toilets and lots of people
    -looking in the mirror
  • carbrakes don’t work (lucidity trigger)
  • being in my childhood home
  • being in my old school
  • loose teeth, or a tooth has fallen out - rushing for a dentist.
  • have to dial a phonenumber but cannot remember the number as i dial it - very difficult to remember if i already pressed the 2 or not, and what number is next, etc.

:rofl:, it fascinates us all.

• my backyard
  • weird is always a big theme

Hmm, well I’ve never had a lucid dream, but I think there are certain things which make me get at least close. The main one of these would have to be…

… FRUSTRATION! Argh! :grrr:
I never, ever, ever give up in dreams. I just don’t learn, stupid me. So when I have trouble with something I want to do, I make this incredibly concerted effort to do it. Often when I do this everything becomes twice as clear as it was before, and I suddenly have a much better degree of control.

More specifically:

• Trying to read a book which isn’t clear or I can only make out a few words from. It’s so frustrating because I love reading and am normally very good at it. I think this is a good dream sign because you really do have to concentrate to read something specific. :content:

• Trying to go to the bathroom. Actually, I’m quite glad I never succeed at this one, because invariably when I have these dreams I urgently need to go in real life, and I think if I ever went in my dream I might just have a little accident. (Oops) :sad: But recently I’ve been able to wake myself up straight away if I see one of these coming on, so I can relieve myself in a real bathroom! Not to mention avoiding all the potential frustration.

Those were the two main ones, but basically anything that frustrates me has the same effect.

-My friends

• My crush
    -driving off bridges
    -crying (lately)
  • 7-11 Gas Station
  • Death(s)
  • My SG
  • Anxiety of any Sort
  • Being late for school

Here are a few of mine:

-Unusual Car Crashes-

This is something that happens often in my dreams. Mostly involving multiple busses. When accidents start to happen, the cars seem to stop and go like a inexperienced driver afraid to push the gas peddle. The drivers also seem to not care about hitting the other cars, they do it without worry. I think this is due to playing Grand Theft Auto.

-Small Puddles Indoors-

This is not as common, but a major dream sign of mine. This usually happens at malls which is one of my most common places for dreams. The puddles are always grey in color. Usually coverying half of room or store. Never a full area. The areas that have these puddles never have anything else in them. They are just cleared areas, always of carpet.

-Zombies-

I didn’t get this dream sign until recently. I seemed to notice the rise in zombies in my dreams. Although I have not seen any zombie movies or played any survival horror games. Typical zombie in appearance. Pale skin, various cuts, tears and legions.

Lately i’ve realised i’m nearly always dreaming about my common room in school, which is how i’ve trigger my last two LD’s

I have had a breakthrough.
My first easily recognized DS. Most of my dreams include Bam Margera(cky, viva la Bam) and the rest of his friends. Now when I see them I realize “hey it’s a dream” and boom i’m lucid.
anyone want to share their DS’s?

This is cool. I was also going start a thread on dreamsigns too :tongue:

Well, here’s my list of dreamsigns;

Family members
My close friends
My Girlfriend
Seeing someone I haven’t seen in a long time
Clocks
Malfunctioning devices
Dimly lit rooms or spaces
Beautiful looking skies and landscapes
Reading text/mispelled words
Anything I do on a regular basis, like riding the bus, driving my parent’s truck, checking e mail, or going to work
People acting differently than usual
Spaces or places looking differently than normal
The ‘sneaking suspicion’ that I might be dreaming
Anything at all to do with dreams, or lucid dreaming, like this website for example

Anytime I notice this stuff, even within a few minutes of noticing one dreamsign, then another, I’ll perfrom a reality check. Hey, I should do one right now…