Trust Level 0 — Just Arrived
By default, everyone who signs up for an account start out at trust level 0, meaning trust has yet to be earned.
At this level you cannot yet…
- Send personal messages to other members
- Flag posts
- Post more than 1 image
- Post any attachments
- Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
- Have links in the ‘about me’ field of your profile
- Mention more than 2 members in a post
- Post more than 3 topics
- Post more than 10 replies
- Edit your own posts after more than 24 hours
- “Reply as new topic” via the “Link” button
Trust Level 1 — New Member
Get to trust level 1 by…
- Entering at least 5 topics
- Reading at least 30 posts
- Spending a total of 10 minutes reading posts
When you are at trust level 1, all restrictions that you had in level 0 are removed and new abilities added.
- Send PMs
- Upload images and attachments
- Edit wiki posts
- Flag posts
- Mute other members
Trust Level 2 — Member
Earn trust level 2 by:
- Visiting at least 15 days (doesn’t need to be sequentially)
- Replying to at least 3 different topics
- Entering at least 20 topics
- Reading at least 100 posts
- Spending a total of 60 minutes reading posts
At trust level 2 you can…
- Use the “Invite others to this topic” button
- Send Private Messages to multiple members (group PM)
- Like more posts (the daily like limit is increased by 1.5×)
- Ignore other users
- Edit your own posts without any time limit
Trust Level 3 — Regular
To earn trust level 3, in the last 100 days you need to have:
- Visited at least 50 of days
- Replied to at least 10 different topics
- Viewed 25% of new topics created (capped at 500)
- Read 25% of new posts created (capped at 20k)
- Received 20 and given 30 likes.
These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number).
Likes cannot be from PMs.
You must not have:
- Received more than 5 flags for spam or offensive posting. (This goes for unique posts and unique members for each and should be confirmed by a moderator)
- Been suspended or silenced
Furthermore, unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status . If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days, you will be demoted back to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.
At trust level 3
- You can recategorize and rename topics
- You can make a wiki of your posts
- When you flag a post as spam of a Just Arrived Member (TL0), their post will immediately be hidden.
- Flags from TL3 members cast on TL0 members posts (in sufficient diversity) will auto-silence them and hide all their posts.
- Your daily like limit is increased by 2×
- You get the key to the secret VIP lounge.
Trust Level 4 — Leader
Trust level 4 can only be attained through manual promotion by Staff.
- Edit all posts
- Pin/unpin topics
- Close topics
- Archive topics
- Make topics unlisted
- Split and merge topics
- Reset a topic’s bump date
- Immediately hide any post by flagging them
- Like more posts (daily likes increased 3x)