What Book Are You Reading? — Part III

I’m not interested in stories, so I’ve read many books from Peter Kolosimo. I love this kind of stuff.

Sean — Arsène Lupin is awesome! Really good choice for a read. :yes: Hilarious!

I myself am reading Jorge Amado’s Capitães da Areia (my favourite book ever), Th Adorno’s Negative Dialectics, Wolfgang Kayser’s literary analysis manual, and a pile the height of a palm worth of assignment reads for both universities, which range from ethics and anthropology to Goethe’s poetry. :smile:

Petter: Yeah, he really knows how to trap the reader, or what? :grin:
Finished it in three days; I couldn’t stop reading!

Right now I’m reading Stephen LaBerge - Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming. :smile:

So am I ;D
I finished Brave New World a while ago as well :content:

Arsene Lupin IS amazing. I’m sad that more books aren’t easily available in bookstores in the US… I like the good combination of light-heartedness and… well… crime. I’m just sad the book eventually ends…

I have finished “Let the right one in” (it will be able in UK in August) by John Ajvide Lindqvist and is now reading his 2.th book: “Hanteringen av odöda”(“Handling of the undead” or someting like that.) “Håntering av de udøde” in my Norwegian version.

Reading “Destination: Void” by Frank Herbert. It’s an e-book though… so it takes getting used to for me. I like old fashioned paper. Anyway, I’m glad I have it since I’m finally getting a chacne to finish the voidShip series.

Will be reading “The Ascension Factor” by same author after this.

I just finished “Fight Club” by Chuck Palahniuk. It’s a great book (could probably be argued to be a load of communist propaganda, but I love it!). It’s a lot different from the movie too, so don’t just think if you’ve seen the movie you’ve read the book.

Is it a whole lot better to read to read Destination Void before the Jesus incident? Right now, I’m sort-of reading the Jesus Incident, and sometimes it seems like I’ve missed something… Is the book just like that?

Today i was scanning through Douglas Coupland’s ‘JPod’ which i haven’t looked at for a while. I needed to update myself with the story before i read on. I can’t wait to continue it now :smile:

I was in my school’s library, and noticed the Communist Manifesto on the shelves! I’m liking it quite a lot :smile:.

Edit: Gaa! I keep being the first post in the page in the topic! :neutral:

well, my public library got me hooked on manga

not really books, but eh.

Ranma 1/2, can’t get enough… heh

I’d tell you, but I’d be finished within a half hour…

(I read quickly. I finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in 1.5 days.)

Sorry for the late reply. I didn’t notice this post until today.

It’s not really that big of a deal, actually. All you really need to know, I suppose, is that for some reason, Ship became fully aware and came to think of itself as God. It apparently somehow possessed it’s omnipotent powers too. (I really do think it became a god.) The book will just reference on it some times, but all in all, it doesn’t matter.

“The Jesus Incident” can be taken as is. It’s actually my second favorite book, I think, right behind “Dune: Messiah” of the Dune series. I love the whole concept of Ship demanding humanity to figure out what it means to “worShip.”

I’m thinking of picking up Blink and The Tipping Point, both by Malcolm Gladwell. Anyone read these yet?

Patricia Garfield - Creative Dreaming.
I ordered it from Amazon some time ago, and the book has now arrived down at the post office :content:
But first I have to bring it home though…

A book i enjoyed, Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre has been made into a play :yay: So next Thursday I’m going to see it in London and stay over night. Can’t wait :smile:

well, lots of stuff. funny enough, ive read alot of dream related books even before finding out about LD. the pendragon series, the bartimeaus trilogy and the longlight legacy are great books, and the longlight books have many indirect refrences to LD and OBE

Yesterday, I was reading the last pages of Da Vinci Code on the bus, and there was that sentence:

“I got to be dreaming” from french “Je dois être en train de rêver”

Believe me, I did a long RC right thenn and analyzed everything and everyone in the bus! Looking twice a tags on a seat, to see if it would change! Oh well, I was fully awake :smile:

I am also reading, on and off, Exploring the world of lucid dream and What color is your parachute (about job hunting).

My dad bought me Solar Lottery by Philip K. Dick.
I always wanted to read a book by Philip K. Dick since I watched Minority Report.