What Book Are You Reading? - Part VIII

I just finished Wake, by Lisa McMann. It is about this girl that sees what others are dreaming. Towards the end there is some lucid dreaming and shared dreaming as she develops her abilities. It is the first of a series. It was pretty good, different. It seems to me that the whole thing is written like a dream journal.

Hey :woo: I’m so glad you posted. You reminded me of Wake- I’ve been wanting to read it. I just now placed a hold on it from the library and should get a copy within a week or two.
Happy reading!

I’ve just started Falling Awake by Jayne Ann Krentz. It looks like it has potential. :content:

And I have now started Wake. :read:
So far, so good!

I just read the review for Falling Awake, and I just might have to follow your readings Dreamjutsu! :content:

Haha ok, I have Falling awake,
Green by ted deckker (last one from the circle trilogy)
Wherever you go, there you are by jon kabat-zinn, it’s about meditating all the time apparently, i haven’t started it yet but i think it will be good info for lucid living :content:
I am also reading Fang, latest maximum ride series book, by james patterson but they are not the best after the first couple…
That’s all for now, I plan on finishing the wake series soon too.

I just read Wake, the library had it. It’s great, I loved it, and ordered the 2 sequels from the library as well. Fade and Gone. [spoiler]Imagine a lucid dreamer working for the cops![/spoiler]

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Best book I’ve read by far, I mean, by writing and plot… It really gets you liking the characters and it hangs on each chapter so far.

Wake was awesome.
Now I have started Fade. :read:

And of course I told the library to hold Gone for me!

I just bought Robert Waggoner’s Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self for my Kindle. I’ve only read the first couple chapters, but I’m finding it interesting thus far.

I’m also reading Sheepfarmer’s Daughter by Elizabeth Moon (first in the Deed of Paksenarrion series). I used to devour epic fantasy sagas when I was a kid/teenager, but I’ve really fallen off that wagon in recent years. (Actually, I’ve really fallen off of reading, period, in recent years. This is shameful, I know.) Moon’s writing style is nice in that she seems to only tell you exactly what you need to know and nothing else–letting your imagination do the heavy lifting. This is a major change coming from the Wheel of Time books, which I tried to reread but decided are not for me.

I just finished Falling Awake. It was pretty good. A little more romance than I prefer though. haha.

Speaker for the Dead.

It is my new favorite book.

Technically, I’m reading like, 5 books.

But my attention right now is on a certain Narrative of A. Gordon Pym. by Edgar Allan Poe.

i just finished blue is for nightmares by laurie fari stolarz
and i read its sequel white is for magic im starting red is for rememberance soon also by her its a quartet so far and im really enjoying it

its about a girl who practices wicca and her dreams are telling her the future of some peoples deaths. those people are her friends.

I just finished Dreamrider I think it was. It was pretty good until the end…

Aha, in comparison my book’s not very intellectual. ‘My Booky Wook’, Russell Brand’s autobiography.

Finally got the sequels in to “Awake” by Lisa McMann; “Fade” and “Gone”. The character in the book doesn’t need to go to sleep in order to become lucid and enter someone’s dream. Unfortunately she automatically gets pulled into another’s dream, even during the day, sometimes with dire consequences!

oh, yeah. I am still waiting for those…

Rereading The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. It’s still as amazing as ever.

Finished My Booky Wook…now on my old standby, Fight Club.

Exploring the world of lucid dreaming yee buddy