what did you call lucid dreams before you knew it was LD?

Long topic name to describe the question :tongue:

what i want to know, when you didn’t know what lucid dreaming was, but you already had LD’s, you probably went on a search engine to find out more about it.

what did you search for?

what did you call it?

conscious dreaming? awake dreaming? aware dreaming?

[color=indigo]Well, I probably have the saddest name ever, and I doubt anyone will top it off.

I first heard of LSD 's on changing rooms, a woman was describing how she could do anything in her dreams. I must have thought they said Lucy Dreams, as I was very little, and I think I presumed they were named after the ‘woman who discovered it’, but after a few years I never thought of them as anything new, I knew I could wake myself up out of nightmares and thought it was a bit cool that not everyone could do this, but then I forgot about it.

When I had my first LD, I couldn’t think what Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen had said they were. I could remember a name and I thought it was Sally…omg…anyway, so yeah I called it Sally dreaming.

I looked it up on the web, obviously didn’t find anything, I was a bit surprised since there’s obviously going to be something on the net about something this cool! So I racked my brain and came up with Lucy Dreaming…thank god google corrects your spelling well!![/color]

i just said “dreams where you know you’re dreaming”. catchy eh?

lol. I saw a program about them years ago, which was the first I knew of them, but I misheard it as “elusive dreaming”, which is actually quite appropriate

I believe I searched for ‘conscious dreaming’ on google at first.

My mother and two of my brothers have the natural ability to LD. We always said “you know…when you know you are dreaming” :cool:

I think I just searched for “dreaming”

A TV program? :eek: what was it?

Ive never had an LD but I knew a guy years ago who told me he could sometimes realise he was dreaming and then control the dream, he just called it “realising your dreaming” lol…

I didnt properly find out about LD’ing until years later though :sad:

-Viper X

really? how long have you been trying?

about 3 months :sad:

i called it “dreaming” yup thats right before i knew that LDs where a different type of dreaming to NDs i didn’t classify it as anything other than dreaming.

Nor have i ever searched about it i found LD4all looking for astral projection and remote veiwing tips. lol

I remember when I was very young… I thought I was doing something in my sleep where I became aware.

I was very young that time… I didn’t even know that it was called dreaming! And in plus… lucid dreaming!

It was weird, yeah… lol

i’d be like “do you ever have a dream where you know you are dreaming and can control it? I have had a few”

when I was a kid

I’ve only had one in my young ages other than a miserably failed WILD (it was so good it turned into a nightmare and turned me off my natural ability I had to WILD… it was the first time I had ever done it that I could recall, it was so incredibly natural… just… so easy… :sad: ) and so well… I guess it’s just a topic people talk about though, and that’s usually how they refer to lucid dreaming.

I called it “a dream where you know it’s a dream” or “controlling your dreams”.

'A dream, only it doesn’t film like a film your watching, but that your actually there and make choices and control yourself and stuff.

It was really cool.’

I called the Awake Dreams :tongue:

I think I have a unique one here… When I was younger I used to LD all the time (like 13 years old… so 7 or so years ago)… I thought something was wrong with me because I had frequent LDs and no one else I knew did.

I would always ask my friends “Have you ever ‘woken up inside a dream’?” That is really the feeling… like you have suddenly woken up, but you are still dreaming.

:smile:

Pist, that is the funniest story! Lucy dreaming. . .Sally dreaming. LOL. Thanks for the laugh! :rofl:

Sadly, I never knew conscious dreaming existed until my mom bought my brother a book called, get this, Lucid Dreaming. Cool, hunh?!

[color=indigo]Thanks! I was looking for a way to describe it better, I don’t know, I have a wierd longing to describe things to myself, things that I don’t really know HOW to describe. That’s exactly how it feels…great stuff!

Oh and yeah…sally dreaming. I must be the only person in the whole world to have SUCH a bad memory, and such a stupid boring way of saying stuff! sally dreaming…wtf?[/color]

I was often lucid in nightmares, so I could wake up. I thought about a dream with full control, and things that I could do in it, but I didn’t know that it was possible, but I thought it was only my fantasy.
I never needed to name it, though.

Just called it “controled dreaming”