What if I use external sensory inhibition?

Big words, but all they really mean is what if I use a sleeping mask and/or earplugs while I’m trying to induce a LD? The way I see it, if I can see or hear I must be dreaming.

You would probably forget by the time your dreaming, unless you succesfully WILD. Its not a bad idea though, so it could work

It would get rid of some disturbances. One should sleep in a dark and quiet atmosphere anyway. My problem is úsually not outside disturbances. I tend to think too much.

Don’t do it! I used earplugs last night and they screwed me royally. Not only did I not recall anything, I don’t even think I had any dreams. Without them my mind flourishes and creates visions, but last night my head felt stagnant and blocked.

That’s interesting EyaknaD. Sensory deprivation is know to make people hallucinate. I would have thought that blocking outside sounds would make the minds sounds stand out more. I know that in a quiet enviroment, my thoughts become alot louder. Perhaps the earplugs are too uncomfortable.

Actually, if you reference this, it sounds like a fairly good idea…