What is your favorite reality check?

My last three LDs I haven’t done any reality checks. But I will keep practicing them because it makes me ask myself if this is a dream.

Not really my favorite check, but I thought I’d bring it up here. I’m always looking for new ways to RC, some of my original ideas actually have worked to help me realize I’m dreaming. I guess my favorite one to do while lying in bed is just shut my mouth and try breathing through it while not allowing any air through my nose. I like to do this because when I’m WILDing or just in deep relaxation I don’t have to move my hand to plug my nose, just a few facial muscles move to close the mouth. It can keep you relaxed the whole time. Very effective! :good:

Thats a neat one, I could do that one in public without people going “Why are you plugging your nose?” :tongue:

lol Exactly.

Counting my fingers is my favourite RC. Simply because it’s what I started with and that it NEVER has failed me. (As I recall, obviously :tongue: )

I’ve also done the breath-through-nose-while-holding-it RC on a few occasions. It hasn’t failed me neither. And It’s a lot easier when I’m in a dark room. This RC has busted a few FAs for me.

I prefer the pinching_my_nose test. It’s very effective and has never failed me. As a secondary test I look at my watch.

i oft times go throughout the day trying to stick my finger through my hand and who knows how many other random solid objects.
I also peer over the rims of my glasses to see if i can see! this one has been more effective for me, :wink: and more discreet then a random poking too!

MAC

Lol… It’s actually the only RC I ever do… mostly I dont need RC’s anyway because I just know it’s a dream. But IRL I do this RC sometimes when I think “w*f… this must be a dream”…

the RC I always use is hold my nose and try to breathe, but my favorite RC, I think, is checking my face in the mirror :mirror: . I usually look :devil: or :panic: or :alien: . But I rarely do that since not too many mirrors in my dreams, but it’s always fun to look in a mirror… never know what will be there! :smile:

Mine is just to check my digital wristwatch, look away, then look again. I’ve had plenty of LDs come from this although most of them I only need to look once.

Me too, 'cos its so easy to do and you don’t look weird doing it.

wat is your favourite reality check?

Mine is trying to put my finger through my hand :happy:

I pinch my nose, and count my fingers. I do this now about 75 times a day, and if I think about it, Ill try putting my hand through a mirror.

Looking at a clock, looking away, and then looking back again to see if it’s changed.

This RC works about 85% of the times I try it. Which is very good for me (and why I love it).

I usualy just look at clocks.

I watch my hands an count my fingers IRL, but in a dream if I know its a dream I just look at my hands withou paying atention to them and I know its a dream

I constantly have “Are You dreaming?” written on my hands, and I just every two seconds look at it, look away, and look back. Should be changed…

[What is your favorite reality check?) :wink:

You’ll find mine…and a lot of other people’s there :smile:

Thanks! :wink: Topics merged

Thanks Josh Redstone! :smile: I’ve merged the 2 topics.

My favourite RC’s are trying to breathe with nose closed (very good!), counting my fingers or stretching one of them.

Happy to be of service :content:

Has anyone tried looking around their surroundings, and then re-examined them a few seconds later to see if anything’s changed? I assume this would would on the same principle that the reading reality check works, but I haven’t had a chance to test it yet.