What Type Of Music Do You Like?

Personally, I like all types of music, including rap. The only types of music I do not like much are country and gospel with the exclusion of Norah Jones. There are certain era’s in music in which I favored one type of music over the other.
1995-1999 was my Adult Alternative years in which I listened to Fiona Apple, Sublime, Matchbox Twenty, Jewel, Sarah Mclachlan, Seal, Green Day, Alanis Morrisette, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Korn, Everclear, Radio Head, Natalie Merchant, and Natalie Imbruglia. I truly and honestly have a “thing” for songwriters. Being that I am a writer myself, I appreciate artists who perform their self-written music. Also, during those years I was into rap, still am. Artists I like that rap include: Nas, Jay-Z, Eminem, Jadakiss, Tupac, and B.I.G.
Notice my list of rappers are short. This is highly due to the fact that these are critically acclaimed rappers who REALLY have talent. Again, being that I am a writer, I appreciate an Emcee who makes use of metaphors, similies, multiples, irony, and quick wit. Today, I find myself listening to the same rappers. However, new artists, such as Norah Jones, John Mayer, Evanesence, Creed, Train, 3 Doors Down, and Nickelback have my attention on the Adult Alternative side of the things. I do still enjoy listening to my favorite era of music, as this produces a nostalgic feeling. Anyway, What is your favorite type of music? What artists do you enjoy listening to?

old

I consider myself diverse;
I enjoy classical, dance, trance, rap (GOOD RAP, not crap rap), gayo, Metal (in many, MANY forms), and pop.

death metal,black metal,power metal,speed metal,dance, elctronica,rap(because i laugh at them),k-pop,j-pop,c-pop.gayo also,and dat is all

LOL :happy:

Oh, and i like rock…and some other stuff…lol…

I like almost anything that has good melody in it.

What i don’t listen is club music (hip-hop, etc), and rap (incl. rap in Metal music). Grunge is weirdo also.

Rock/metal for the sureal. I have the hair to prove it.

I guess I’m mostly into rock. I’m not into the rap/hiphop stuff, but other than that I guess I’m pretty open to different kinds of music. Two current bands that have really caught my attention are Bright Eyes and My Chemical Romance.

argh, music… i play mad crazy tech metal guitar, so i have quite the picky taste in music…

metalcore (Between the Buried and Me, theBled, Fear Before the March of Flames,Anah Aevia, As Hope Dies, Converge, PsyOpus, Fall of Troy, Hot Cross)

Indie-Emo ( Elliott Smith, Bright Eyes, Damien Rice, Pinback, 3 mile pilot, built to spill, THE MARS VOLTA!!!, at the drive in, death cab for cutie)

HipHop (noah23, aesRock, Saul Williams, Sole, Alias, DoseOne, Eyedea, Phlegm, Orko, StapleMouth, Sage Francis)

I used to be mostly into brit-rock like Reef, Dodgy, Oasis etc and I do still love that kind of thing in moderation, and any good music of any genre (INCLUDING country! eg Kathleen Edwards)…

But to be perfectly honest hip hop has just kind of walked in and completely elevated my appreciation of music to another level. A DJ can use other music of ANY style to create something new (without destroying the original work) and in that sense it is a completely natural evolution of music and the technology involved in its production. Rapping is an amazing thing once you understand it, too… the emcee is probably my favourite aspect of hip hop.

My favourite artists can speak for themselves (which is the whole point). First of all I got into Jurassic 5, Dilated Peoples, The Roots, Blackalicious etc, then started delving in a bit deeper and discovered the likes of Mr Lif, Aesop Rock, Cannibal Ox, Edan and Insight. Then started to check out some of the best UK stuff like Jehst, Phi Life Cipher and TaskForce. Currently dabbling in indie hip hop like the stuff on Mush records while also conquering my snobbery and learning to appreciate decent mainstream artists, such as Eminem and Nas. Although they still arent as good as the underground cats if you ask me…

Hip is to hop what rock is to roll and yin is to yang. May it never stop. :cool:

I´m into old rock, classical… led zeppelin, the doors, velvet underground and the beatles.

I´m able to listen to hip hop and rap, but when the lyrics are only describing the luxuries of having a lot of money a big dick and lots of lady´s i stop listening and start hating

also I had a thing for nirvana…mmmmm…nirvana

i’m in to anything made by the japanese, including music. my mp3 player has 320 megs of space, and it’s filled to the brim with j-pop and other stuff like that. all of which collected from various anime series…

other than that i am pretty versatile. anything made with feeling is good enough to listen to. if it’s just some moron making a beat and throwing in a guitar, then i turn it off…

Mostly dance and trance and stuff like that :wiske:

^ Dude, you have to introduce me to some good dance/trance.

Personally, I will listen to pretty much anything even if most of what I listen to is composed of rock/alternative. Some of my favorite bands are Our Lady Peace (long time fan), and the japanese band The Brilliant Green - which are so unbelievably frickin AWESOME, my god, any j-pop fans out there listen to them?

Heheh yeah I went through a J-rock period! I have one of the Brilliant Green’s albums, ‘Terra 2001’, which is good. I’ve heard their later one ‘los angeles’ is better though?

https://jumboshrimp.tv/mod_mp3.php

The Brilliant Green is on top. Click “all-in-one” to listen to songs from their entire music collection streaming in 192 kbps.

[quote=“Lebowsk1” Rapping is an amazing thing once you understand it, too… the emcee is probably my favourite aspect of hip hop.

My favourite artists can speak for themselves (which is the whole point). First of all I got into Jurassic 5, Dilated Peoples, The Roots, Blackalicious etc, then started delving in a bit deeper and discovered the likes of Mr Lif, Aesop Rock, Cannibal Ox, Edan and Insight. Then started to check out some of the best UK stuff like Jehst, Phi Life Cipher and TaskForce. Currently dabbling in indie hip hop like the stuff on Mush records while also conquering my snobbery and learning to appreciate decent mainstream artists, such as Eminem and Nas. Although they still arent as good as the underground cats if you ask me…

Hip is to hop what rock is to roll and yin is to yang. May it never stop. :cool:[/quote]

Although I admire your level of hip-hip intelligence, I have to admit we have two completely different tastes in forms of hip-hop. I tend to head torwards mainstream artists i.e eminem, jay-z and nas. To me, most underground cats sound corny, but that is my opinion. Needless to state, I’m pleased to finally meet another “ironclad” hip hop head.

lebowsk1 have u ever heard of immortal tachnique. if not check em out they are really good.

Pink floyd, radiohead, and Mazzy star. Has anyone ever heard of Mazzy star, if you get a chance check them out.