What's your fave band?

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are pretty cool, but mine is still all screwed up between a few others.

Does anyone else like Mcr. i think they are one of the best bands ever, and they are from new jersey. if anyone else has been to one of their shows you know how freakin good they are. i went two two of their shows one in canada and one in seattle(seattle has a starbucks shop on every corner)…just thought id say this.

I’d say (In no particular order) :

Muse
Skid Row
Iron Mainden
Velvet Revolver
Motorhead
Nightwish

Though if I had to go for best live band it’d be Black Sabbath, don’t really like their albums but saw them at a rock festival, best band in the world on stage. Easy.

I loved the Darkness’s first album, very disappointed with their second one. Saw them in a concert, really great. Justin Hawkins flying over your head on a giant white tiger, unusual occurence.

Svenska Akademien at the moment! :smile:

Radiohead!

Also, the Manics, R.E.M, The Cure, Muse… there are loads.

Nightwish, Within Temptation, Rob Zombie, Static-X and anything that is good trance + tons of other music

SlayeR (for the “Reign in Blood” of course) :wink:

I saw them for some time ago too !.

But I had to go before they finished , anyways , every single song heard was great !

One way ticket aint too good record , but the title song rocks !

[size=59]BTW When we were leaving did justin get a piano thingy , so maybe I was lucky ? :wink:[/size]

i dont really have a favourite band, but i like a lot of ozzie hip hop.

prolly my favourite is bias b. lyrical commission tops my list as well. cannibal tribe aint bad in my books either.

if youve never heard aussie rap before , heres a link to a couple of songs.

mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=9866

I listen to VERY much music, so I will only name the ten best, in no particular order.

The best ones are:
Nirvana
System of a Down
Chevelle
Bush
Flaw
30 Seconds to Mars
The Used
Elision
The Mars Volta
Anberlin

Can’t make up my mind for a favourite, though…It might be Nirvana.

Amoung others…
Therion
Nightwish
The Gathering
Theatre of Tragedy
Symphony x

etc…

I liked “is it just me” (I don’t know if thats the actual name of the song) from the new album, and some of the other songs are ok, I was just a little bit disappointed with it after how some of the songs on the first album were really good.

I don’t remember any piano thingy

I’d have to say…
This Holiday Life, Acceptance and Switchfoot are my top 3.
Followed behind by Our Lady Peace, Jimmy Eat World, Relient K, Mae, Lifehouse, Cartel, The Starting Line, Frou Frou, Dido, Snow Patrol, 3 Doors Down, Muse, and Pilate.

I’ve heard of them! They did a version of Imagine for the twentieth aniversery of Lennon’s death. It sounded pretty good, but the guy talking said that Lennon died ten years prior. His band mate corrected him, but it was still probably really embarassing.

POWERMAN 5000! Heres one of their songs…

youtube.com/watch?v=oIYoWb1_BSE

Ozric Tentacles is a Space Rock band. In my opinion they are the greatest band ever. They are not very well know, but they need to be well known.

Does anyone here know of them? If so, what do you think?

People who havn’t heard of them. Download some and let me know what you think.

Here is some Ozric Tentacles.

progarchives.com/Progressive … and_id=281

About half way down the page is a music player with 3 tracks. Listen to either Coily, or Chewier. Please let me know what you think.

Most definitley:1. Incubus
2. Linkin Park
3. Dj Tiesto (i know he isnt a band, but he rocks)
4. And although they arent around anymore they still rox: Rage Against the Machine

Hot barbecued babies LV, I thought nobody else liked TMV! I heard “De-Loused…” a few days ago and haven’t been able to stop listening since. Everyone else I try to have listen to it gets a strange look on their face and politely stares into space until the song is done, when they suddenly remember an errand they have to run, and dart away from me as fast as possible. What did latin prog-punk ever do to them?

So… a down-and-dirty list:

The Mars Volta
Radiohead
Ben Folds (Five)
Cake
Sasha
Muse
Led Zeppelin
Gotan Project
Amon Tobin
Coldplay
The Cinematic Orchestra