BenDrummin58's SeaHome Party 2006! - LD4All's Largest SD

You could always just write, “Sea Party of 2006 - Guest” in your signature and make it bold or a link or something.

Yeah…or you don’t even have to put anything, Fadem. It’s just, if I made this image any worse, it would look extremely ugly…lol. (and I’m actually going to update them later today/tomorrow so they look shiney and cool…so it will be even BIGGER in size (but not much)).

Anyways…has anybody tried incubating their dream yet?

Calm down, I’m just saying I’m a bit skeptical (remember, I haven’t actually experienced it like you), I’m not being insulting or trashing your idea or anything like that.

I’m not sure on my time zone, but I live in Oregon.

Like I said, I was stating my STRONG opinion on skepticism over things like this. It’s supposed to show that I won’t tolerate the whole “is shared dreaming true or false” debate (which has shown up in WAY too many topics to only damage them) to appear in this thread.

I wasn’t trying to be rude to you, nor was I directing the whole post towards you. I may have gotten into it too much…hehe…but that’s only because I strongly look down upon people that only base decisions off of other pooheads, and allow themselves to become not capable of doing something that they have the right to do.

Now that that’s out…lol…please no more posts about the shared dreaming debate in this thread. I don’t want it to be deleted or trashed because of it.

straying away from that… why do you think the SeaHome is fake?

Enamored_Spirit…like I said earler: Don’t worry about the how. Just because it isn’t explained, doesn’t mean it’s not real. :smile:

You’d be surprised with some of the things you can do. (I’ve recently discovered I can predict the exact time at any moment O.O)

As we get closer to the party, I will be inducing shared dreams with all of the hosts and some volunteer guests(which hopefully we get more!) so that we can all practice finding people.

Now, I haven’t quite figured out the BEST way on finding this many people that we don’t even know in person…but right now, I’m leaning more towards the idea of having everybody on here post one original characteristic of themselves. OR I may try something I haven’t done before, which would be for the hosts to picture each of you in the shared dream with a shirt with your screen name on it. I dunno…more about that later though.

One last thing… how many of you think Q should come to this party?

/me wants to meet the queen of LD4All.

i think Q should come :thumbs:

Yeah! Invite pasQuale. :smile: She’s so cool and I’ve always wanted to meet her.

Sign me up as a guest please! This looks to be amazing, I’m looking forward to it!
https://www.timezoneconverter.com/

Might be useful. I’m on Pacific Standard Time.

I want to join, but i have to practice more on dream recall and inducing dreams and such first

I wanna go as guest too. :content:

I’m on (US) Eastern Time. I think that’s GMT-4 or GMT-5… :confused:

Oddly enough, that is exactly the site I’ve been looking at! but thankyou for the help. :content:

ToriK, that is exactly why I didn’t make the party this week or next week. I wanted people to be able to practice so that they could work their way up to the top.

As for Q, I might send her a personal invitation. Reason why I might not is because she has already viewed this topic, meaning that she has already made the decision to not sign up. But who knows… :grin:

Finally, if you are one of the people who has been looking at this topic, but hasn’t yet signed up, I am going to be putting a deadline up…which means after that set time, you will not be able to join. Reason why I’m doing that is because if you decide to come the day before the party, then you have a higher chance of not being able to actually be there (because you would’ve missed out on practicing for a couple of weeks). AND because the Hosts (which we still need more of :bored: ) need to be able to memorize and get to know all of the guests before the party.

So when is the deadline? It is [color=darkred]July 21, 2006[/color]. If you join on exactly that date, you will still have one week (including a full weekend) to practice incubating dreams. And, that will give hosts one full week to get to know everybody.

So what are you waiting for? SIGN UP! :content:

We could just post our pictures.

I would rather not push people to post personal pictures of themselves. Wouldn’t want to make anybody uncomfortable.

Also about the timezones… I know it’s a pain, but please use GMT ± something. If you don’t know what your GMT time is, look at the bottom right of this forum. If your settings are correct (meaning if you post and the time of your post is the actual time you posted), then that GMT is correct. If you don’t know your GMT, and this forum’s GMT is off, then try going to the following address:

https://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter2.htm

It has lists of every single country and will show you exactly what GMT time you are in.

Reason why I need GMT only is because when I plugged US/Eastern and US/Pacific, it told me to subtract 4 or 7 hours from my time. And I am central time O.O So I know that’s wrong. Also some of it’s calculations are different every time, and doesn’t make any sense… so I switched to the official Greenwich Mean Time converter. Much easier and much more accurate. Woot!

So please…GMT times only :grin:

EDIT*** I also need to know if the following GMT time users are capable of staying up late real late… GMT+1 and GMT+2 (and any higher than +2…you will be staying up REALLY late). Cus right now, I have those people set at 4:00 am and 5:00 am, respectively. That may be a wee bit too late for you guys, so I’m trying to work something out. Reason why it’s that late, is because our earliest GMT time (GMT-7) is set to go to sleep at 8:00 pm. And I’m afraid if I bump that to any earlier, they will be incapable of sleeping :bored:

The schedule is turning out weirder than I thought. What I was thinking was completely backwards to this. And from what it looks like…everybody will be sleeping, and nobody will be napping. It’s just a matter of who has a free day the next day or not :razz: Cus odds are, you are sleeping in!

Let me know what you guys think (especially GMT+whatever guys). I’ll try and find something better meanwhile.

GMT - 7:00 = Your Local Time Zone

Monday, 10 July 2006
12:04:13 (p.m.)

Please let me know what time I need to start getting ready.

GMT-7

I am in! However, I have an LPI (Language Proficiency Index) test on the 29th. I’m at 79% in English 12, and some pencil pusher in Victoria says that I need to have 80%. Ugh. All I really need is 60% overall in it, haha, but its the idea that I have to pay $49 for this monstrosity makes me sick to my stomach.

Anyways, I don’t really want to stay up late or anything, I’d have to get up at 8 for this thing :neutral:

21:21:10 Monday July 10, 2006 in Europe/Amsterdam converts to
19:21:10 Monday July 10, 2006 in GMT
Daylight Saving Time is in effect on this date/time in Europe/Amsterdam
Daylight Saving Time is not in effect on this date/time in GMT

This means people in Western Europe are all GMT +2 (in Summer).

Anyway, Points at button in signature. I resized it to a 94**-JPG, seems to do the trick.

Amused Himself to Death: that’s actually perfect! IF nothing changes, you will be going to sleep at 8:00 pm, which is actually the earliest that anybody will have to go to bed so far. So, that will put the party (in your time) at around 2:00 am. Standard REM periods last 90 minutes, meaning by 3:30 (earth time…not dream time), the party will be done, and you will be in your next cycle! So yay! :grin:

Darxide: I will post the official time as soon as I get word back from the GMT+whatever users. They are the ones that will have to stay up till 4:00am/5:00am before they can start sleeping, meaning the party will start at approx. 10:00am/11:00am their time.

Guess we just have to wait and see what their saturdays are like :smile:

EDIT*** heh…awesome Fadem!

Oooh, this could be some good practice for me… I’ll have to sign up as a guest! I’s currently 3:40, and I’m in the North East of the US… Uh… Is it Eastern Time? I think that might be it.