BenDrummin58's SeaHome Party 2006! - LD4All's Largest SD

This looks like fun. I still haven’t decided whether I want to be a guest or host. I’ll let you know soon.This month seems like a good month for me so far so chances are I’ll be there. Especially if it’s always on my mind.

I’ve had 2 SD’s before so I believe this is possible. Of course doing it with non family members will be different. It sounds like a lot of fun. Can’t wait!

Hey, You can count me as a guest. This looks really cool :colgate:

GMT - 4 /EST (same as Keys and Clocks)

I’ve never been one to believe in shared dreaming though i’m not saying its impossible. >.> This idea sounds like a good bit o fun so I guess, sign me up as a guest. Gives me a reason to stop being so lazy and actually practice wild again. :smile: Hope to meet yall there. :confused:

.> Not good with gmt.
GMT - 05:00 I think.

GMT+1, Sir.

That’s the spirit girby! Hope to see you too :smile:

At ease soldier. How do you feel about going to sleep at 4:00 am? (need to get some opinion on this GMT+ issue) Would it make you :grrr: or :grin: ? :tongue:

Lol 4:00? Hmm… I’d WBTB at 4:00, going to sleep at 0:00, so I’ll have an LD at 4:00. That’s cool.

are you going to be telling us all when we have to go to bed?

TweaK: You can’t do that :sad: With this set time (it is NOT official yet though), you MUST go to sleep at 4:00 with your timezone. The actual party will start at 10:00 am your time.

I just thought of something… Maybe you GMT+ users could go to sleep whenever you want, then wake up whenever you want…THEN when it comes to the actual party time, you go back to sleep! I feel dumb for not thinking about that. You guys will be the ones to have morning naps! Phew, that just saved me some time configuration, unless you all don’t agree with that.

Let me know you opinions! I’m going to go ahead and post the actual time, but I can always change it if there is a problem.

Edit: Never frikkin mind. I reread your post. Twice. I get it.
Indeed. 10 AM is a perfect time for me. :happy: Not any later though… Earlier is ok.

Hahahah, :smile: Ben, this is hillarious. We have 15 guests and 2 hosts. This means that we are each going to have to find 7 or 8 people before we awaken. Hahahah, sorry, it’s just a little amusing to me. WE NEED MORE HOSTS!!! :happy:

I will definitely take part in this, this is an awesome idea. :smile:

I’ll come from GMT+3 (EEST).

It is hilarious. Darxide, If you’d give me a proper explanation how to have “faith” in myself so that I have no doubts, how to rid of every single doubt so I can use willpower to LD at will… Then I’ll be a host.

for GMT -6 could I just go to sleep at 3:00 instead of doing the WBTB, because I dont usually go to sleep until really late?

I’ve got GMT -7.

I’ll be a guest
i’ve got -8 GMT btw, so should I just sleep at 7 pm and WBTB at 1 am?

This looks great, but I’ll need to practice LDs every night if I want to have a chance of going, as well as adjust my sleep schedule to go to bed at 7:00. :tongue:

Darxide: Don’t look at the statistics given by the poll, for many people have not answered it. Look on the first post at the top, THAT will make you go :eek:

No. Reason is, when you go to sleep, you do not dream for the first 4-6 hours (I’m doing 6 to be safe). After that period is when you go through your REM cycles (REM sleep is where you dream). So, if you went to sleep for the first time at 3:00 am, which is when everybody else will be starting a nap or just going to sleep from WBTB, then you would miss out on the party.

It’s just one time, so I think you’ll be ok.

In fact, for everybody who has to go to bed earlier than they usually do, here is a little thing you should try out. On the day of the party, wake up so that you would’ve only gotten 3-5 hours of sleep the previous night (this will make you REAL tired for the rest of the day, because you missed your later cycles of sleep). Then during the day, exercise (if you can) to make yourself even more tired. Finally, before you first go to sleep, drink some warm milk, which is nature’s way of making you go to sleep.

No need to change sleep schedule for those worried, just follow the above description and you’ll do awesomely!

For those that just joined, welcome to the SeaHome Party of 2006!! :partying_face: :yay: :woot: :hyper: :boogie: :cheer: :hurray:

This looks pretty awesome, i will definately join, my timezone is GMT + 12:00 i think just to make things awkward… :tongue:

Thanks for the sleep tips Ben, and, while I’m at it, Thanks for hosting this whole party thing in the first place.

The thing is, what happens if something disrupts your sleep? :confused:

Oh my…lol. That creates a problem. A really really big problem. You would either have to go to sleep at 3:00PM (15:00), OR you would have to take a nap at 9:00PM (21:00)…because everybody will be inducing the dream at that second time (9:00PM/21:00). So, I’m going to suggest something to you, and see if it will be ok with you:

• Sleep in late (as late as you possibly can – at least until sometime in the afternoon).
  • Don’t do much “tiring” things, so that you stay energized.
  • Eat lots of food and maybe walk around a bit.
  • THEN when it comes to 9:00PM (21:00), try to take a nap. Don’t act as if you were falling asleep (meaning take a nap in a chair or something). If you can’t “act” to fall asleep, try watching a really boring channel while sitting in a comfortable chair/couch, and you will probably drift off into a short nap.

Will that work out for you, Hyprx? If it doesn’t, then I don’t know what you can do… :sad:

Wyrmfell: You’re very welcome :tongue: . If I wake up for some reason, I will simply just disappear. Odds are though, that won’t happen (because I have full control over my mind), and even if it does, it won’t happen till near the end of the dream.

To everybody: Make sure to read CAREFULLY about the time that you will be sleeping/napping on my first post. Make note that when I say “WBTB at _____”, I mean that you MUST be falling asleep by that time. Also note some tips listed after the times :smile: