Can't Remember My Dreams!

Hi

I have started Lucid Dreaming about 4 days ago and on the 1st night I slept, the next morning, I recalled about 70-85% of my dreams.

Now for the past 3 nights, I havent been able to recall ANYTHING from my dreams.
I’ve tried using Auto-Suggestion, telling myself that I will remember my dreams after I wake up. But still nothing has worked the past three nights.

Is this normal, and how can I improve my recall. Im starting to get impatient haha.

Also, how many times should I do an RC? I usually do about 3-5 an hour. and sometimes during the day I forget to do some.

And another question is about WILD. Can I do it anytime during the day? Say around 3-7 PM?

Hello Mahdiii. Welcome to LD4all.
First, don’t worry if you can’t remember any dreams the past three nights. It is important to be patient. Have you started a dream journal yet? Because it is the first most important step to lucid dreaming. Make it a habit to write down your dreams the first thing you do every morning. At first, you may remember very little of your dreams, but trust me, after a while, it gradually gets better. Before you go to bed, tell yourself " tomorrow when I wake up, I’ll remember my dreams" several times, until it gets into your head. Like that you’re telling your subconscious mind to remember your dreams and it works really well.

As for RC, it’s up to you how many times you want to do. The more, the better, of course. I think you’re doing just fine.

I’m not sure if you can do WILD during the day though. Also, as Stephen Laberge suggests, try to be able to remember at least one dream per night before doing any induction methods.

Oh thanks Dreams :smile:

Yup I started a dream journal, check it out :happy: its on the Dream Journal forum.

Yeah I do use that Mantra/Auto-Suggestion.

Oh okayyy so I should work on my recall first without performing any induction method. But not even DILD? because thats basically performing RCs so does this mean that I should stop performing RCs until my recall gets better?

Oh, I haven’t really thought about the DILD and reality check thing. But I suppose you can perform reality checks just so you can get into the habit. Let me know if you succeed! Anyway, I think Laberge says one dream per night first because when we really do get a lucid dream, we can remember it, right? If not there’s no point in lucid dreaming if we can’t remember it in the morning!

Believe it or not, the absolute best time to do WILD is at 4:00-6:30 AM.

I will retain myself from echoing the words and provide links.

First check out the BIG LD FAQ : https://community.ld4all.com/t/the-big-ld-faq/21617

From there use the SEARCH feature,since it’s meant to be used before you start asking questions asked million times. :wink:

As for WILD check a https://community.ld4all.com/t/a-wild-variation/12100
that is a good technique to start as it doesn’t require mass amounts of concentration
The good alternative is U WILD (search it)

And the most important List of discussions of most popular techniques
https://community.ld4all.com/t/the-most-popular-techniques/30771

Don’t give up- it will happen!
Honestly, I found that just by attempting to LD, my DR has increased dramatically.
But keep a DJ, keep using autosuggestion, and work at it.
Finally, I recently read a new tech for improving dream recall, if I find it again I’ll post a link (it was in this forum under quest for lucidity).

Oh thanks Spider, It never really occured to me using the search option since I was kind of in a hurry. Sorry =/

OMG guess what guys? This is the 4th day since I havent been able to recall anything! This morning I tried really hard to remember my dreams after I woke up but still didnt work.

And Shadow Dreamer, if you could find that link it’d be awesome :smile:

Thanks

Hello, it’s ok, we all forget everything when we are in a hurry :wink: i allmost forgot my pants once.

As for the link Shadow Dreamer mentioned, its here [community.ld4all.com/t/experiment-new-dr-technique-try-and-join/30848/15)
It’s a technique i developed and still in experiment phase, but feel free to join and see if it helps you

Bahahaha… Thats gotta be embarrasing Lols :happy:

and guess what! I remember like about half of my dreams today! Lols after 4 days of nothing, today atleast I remembered some.

Thanks you guys and thanks for the links

the keyword is allmost :smile:
Glad to hear it’s getting better, just keep at it.
looks like now i got a DR days off…but i should have expected it, i have a really messed up schedule…will get better in a day or two :smile:

Ive been using that new tech, with some excellent results. It’s in the lucid lab.

Good to hear Shadow Dreamer that its working well for you.

Today morning, I didnt remember any of my dreams so ehh. I tried the technique after 10 mins but it didn’t work, guess I tried it to late.

Also where do you tap your two fingers? your palm or your hand?