Confronting your deepest fears in LD's

hah, i’m not afraid of bees at all, its the only insect i like, and the only one actually bothering me… im not grossed out by spiders, im just really really afraid of them

Hmmm, I don’t really have a “biggest” fear, I don’t think. I could say taking an airplane but I mean I get afraid of stuff all the time but just accepting what I fear most will happen and reminding myself that if it does happen I’ll be ok anyway helps me get through. On the plane back and forth to Disney I had awful visions of crashing but after a bit I just let it go and since I was kinda on American Airlines 2 and 1/2 hour versions of a rollercoaster w/ beautiful clouds I ended up enjoying it some.

My biggest fear is most likely failure (being perfectionist).

my biggest fear is public speaking, and that’s more of a dislike. I don’t mind anything that’s living, and I’m not afraid of death. Heights used to bother me, but I went rock climbing and got over that.

Mine… Heights and spiders

Mine is already known…spiders. Wolf your a baaaad man…

Hmmmm, is he really?

LOL… isn’t he just evil :tongue:

My biggest fears are balls being thrown at me (yes, really), being rejected, and heights. I like spiders. I saw a rather large wolf spider earlier today. It was neat.

See? I have a connection to them! :content:

(Oh, and thanks Basilus for the link thing! :grin: )

No. For real, I have tried to face my fears during LD. I have during one occasion made a building slope so that I could slide down. But then my conscience (who’s supposed to be my guide) goes and puts me on the highest crane I’ve ever seen in a dream and I couldn’t do it.

And with the spiders i’ve tried too. It’s just those damned legs of theirs.

Not really for the spider phobic at all, but for anyone else’s general interest.

A wolf spider. Wolf, your spider is a badass.
https://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser/Animals/Spiders/Wolf_Spider_8_eyes_PB032198.JPG

/me boogies. :boogie:

That thing is so cool! :cool:

My all time classic phobia is to see a bulgral/thief inside my house. Even if I know that he is th clumsiest on earth and will probably run away when he sees me, I am sure I will die out of a heart attack just by this view.

My only nightmares are of thieves entering my house and pointing guns at me and/or keeping me inside as a hostage

My biggest fear… hmm don’t really know. I love all plants, animals and fungi :wink: I once feared speaking in public, but not really anymore… though I still need to practice on that sometimes. While in a nightmare, I tend to fear the creatures trying to kill me, so becoming lucid is usually perfect to dissolve those fears.

**** Warning**** This post may be offensive to spider lovers

Okay, sorry to dissapoint all of you spider lovers. But I faced a fear last night. The girls called me over to see the ugliest creature. It was lingering in the doorway between the dining room and kitchen. It was absolutely disgusting. The damn thing knew we were there and he wasn’t budging.

He was threatening to jump. I could see it in his features and gazillion eyes. Usually, if I don’t have anything longer than 4 feet I won’t go near them. But he was treading in dangerous waters. So, I grabbed a flip flop and ended his life. Very swiftly I might add so there was no pain for him. Of course, his remains were unidentifiable but too bad.

LOL ! :rofl:

It wasn’t a LD?

:shy: no, not an LD… This was real life. But in the dream world and through LD I’ve tried to get along with them :eek:

Oops! Sorry! Now I understand better why you wrote this warning. As you said “I faced a fear last night”, and it’s in the QFL forum, I thought you were relating a dream. :shy:

I merged this topic into this older one about the same subject :content:

Well, I was reading the wiki-book on lucid dreaming (here’s the link: en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_Drea … you_can_do) and at the bottom it suggested that you could ask for your dream to show you your deepest fears. I was just wondering if anyone has done this or would like to try and tell me what happens.

I don’t think I’d be brave enough to do it, my sick mind would probably show me something really scary. :scared: