Dream Incubation

You could try ‘incubating’ a dream. One way to do this is to draw a picture or write a story (or both!) of what you want to do in your dream. Then, just before you go to sleep, repeat to yourself, “I will be doing X” or “When I am dreaming, I will be X.”

i once imagined me and 2 of my friends talking untill i fell to sleep and i had a dream with them in it

Like Ultimate7777 said you could try Dream Incubation.

Also you often dream about what is going on in your life. So if you for example think the whole day about bananas it is likely that it will come back in your dreams. If you go a lot to LD4all it will eventually get into your dreams. So by deciding what you do IWL, you also decide a little on what you will do in dreams. But we don’t only dream about the things IWL and it also depends on the person how much influence waking life has.

hmmmm. ive spent this whole week thinking about lucid dreams and they havent come back to me once :smile:

i guess its just MILD, except the last thing you think about before sleep is ‘i will dream this’ rather than ‘i will know that i am dreaming this’

Actually, sometimes you wont actually dream about the thing you’ve been thinking about until you stop thinking about it. So stop with lucid dreaming for a week and you will probably have a dream related to lucid dreaming or perhaps a real LD.

Just a quick question, is it possible to choose what you dream about before you go to bed at night (when you’re in bed that is)? If so, how do you do it? :eh:

Some people can, and some people can’t
Some people say that all they have to do is think about what they want to dream about before they fall asleep
I’ve tried, but I can’t do it

Well, yes. If you look at my dream journal, I publicly announce what I’m going to dream about the following night.

To do it, I simply visualize myself sleeping, with a thought bubble coming out of my head containing what I want to dream about. I do this for about five minutes, however if you have a whole lot of interfering thoughts, you might want to increase the time.

Also, if you work this way, saying what you’re going to do in your DJ may make it more important for you to succeed, thus increasing your likely-hood of doing so.

I really need to start a dream journal again, but in real life this time. That’s a good idea actually, because I’m quite good at predicting stuff, well better than avarage anyway, hence I like little meaningless gambling games. :smile:

But yeah, thanks for the help Leu and MorphEus was here! :happy:

Of course you can, such thing is commonly called dream incubation. I’ve never have had any succes with it (as if I had tried it enough) but give it a shot, maybe you can’t now or maybe I neither, but I know that in the future, with practice, it’s completly and easily possible.

I’d like to add that if you spend a week or so before-hand doing mental preparation, it’ll go easier. Just spend a few minutes each day focusing on an object and keeping all other thoughts out of your mind. You’ll notice drastic improvement. At least I did. I’ll admit that I haven’t done any rigorous testing or anything.

Yus, its possible

Have done so :happy:

On a very low level ofc.

I awoke at a random time in the night, drifted off thinking about how i wanted to interior decorate a mansion, and sure enough, i was drifted from thoughts about it, into a dream about it, but because i was so sleepy, you barely notice :tongue:

Ofc, the dream controlled the events, and it wasnt that great, but ofc you would have to be lucid to control it entirely :spinning:

Hope this answers your question :wink:

The title of this gave me an idea: if I were to become advanced enough in this ability to create whole dream scenarios, I could perhaps create a dream library by assigning each of my favorite scenarios a number. This way, they’d be easier to incubate. Hm… goes off to experiment

I’ve been trying incubation to get to the Yoge Mountains (check my DJ for more info). Still nothing, but I’ve had some interesting dreams, all involving “quests” in some way.