First steps to WILD part II (for basic WILD Q&A)

I also recently found a note in a Christian Bouchet’s text about LD’ing: he said that, when listening to music when WILD’ing, you can sometimes experience distortions of the rhythm - slower or faster. Thus it sounds like there is a moment when time perception may become wrong.

I dont have to do WBTB when attempting WILD do I?

WBTB isn’t required for WILD, but I believe it makes MUCH MUCH easier. :yes:

Figure its good practice for a WILD with WBTB though

what you certainly dont have to do is a full on WBTB.
waking and going back to sleep immedaitely (with the exception of noting down any dreams you might have already had) is probably enough

Chaining is a version of WBTB that might be better for certain people, instead of staying up for 20 minutes. It works better for some people (myself included).

hey just a couple of minutes ago I started a WILD but i was interuped so it kept on feeling like the begining of a WILD. all my muscles are relaxed and every thing. this would be great exept i have a diseas caled tremores wich causes me to shake invalentarily, espectialy when my muscles are relaxed or I am asleep (The reason it take me hours to meditate).

PLEASE HELP ME!!! :help:

hi guys im fairly new but i have seen the guide on WILD and i got the num feeling but i didnt get any images like flashing lights so i dont think my dream was running… i was just standing there for an hour untill a bug landed on my cheek! :grrr: can anyone help me if so it would b much apriciated at least i got this far in 1 day :smile:

hmm, I guess the only thing that can stop the shaking is medicine or something…did the doctor give you anything for it?

Also, you can just ignore the shaking I suppose, or just try for a DILD or MILD or something :smile:

Maybe another technique is better for you? Try this topic, it may help greatly. :content:

I somewhere read that you don´t start dreaming until after some time … So i was wondering how WILD or VILD could work if you start dreaming at the time you fall asleep. Thanks

I think the key to WILD for me is getting further and further, closer and closer to success. There are certain stages in the process. The first thing that happens is I get mild tingles. I used to get excited at this point, thinking, “Oh, is this the vibrations?” and that would throw me back to full wakefulness.

So next time I tried, I knew that the mild tingles didn’t mean success. I didn’t get so excited. I ended up going to the next stage. Following me so far?

Now I am failing at later and later stages, closer to actual success. Last night I hit a REALLY INTENSE vibration. “OMG! I’m getting closer!” and I woke up.

Therefore, my technique is to slowly go through the stages until they’re old hat, not so exciting anymore. Eventually I will be at the last stage and it will work! It makes for multiple nights of failure, however. :razz: Meanwhile, getting through the stages, I repeat, “It isn’t working, it isn’t working.” I know, it’s so contradictory, but it helps to avoid excitement.

Another thing that helped me was doing something that would keep me awake while I tried to sleep. I recently took to listening to BrainWave Generator files. Tonight I’m going to try the technique in this thread: [A new WILD technique idea).

EDIT: (Wow, I joined 3 years ago and this is my second post. lol)

True, just wake up 4 to 6 hours after you went to bed and then wake up and do WBTB with WILD and you’ll be sure to be asleep fairly quickly. :content:

After so many attempts, I’ve finally gotten to the edge of WILD. When I do WBTB + WILD, I manage to get the strong HI that I need to get into the dream, but as soon as I get an image (with sounds and stuff) and I can open my dream eyes, and focus on the imagery, I wake up. It’s like I try really hard to focus, and feel the image slipping away, so I try to hold on and it fades away until only the area I was focusing on is still there faintly, and it looks like an afterimage, and my real senses come flooding back. When I don’t focus on the images, the same thing happens, only I’m left with nothing afterwards, no afterimage, just blackness and all my real world senses. For the first time this morning, I was able to look around a dream room, but I still woke up soon afterwards. I tried to move my dream arms, and I tried to talk in my dream, but just experienced my real arms moving (or trying to move, I was in SP, so I felt kinda drained of energy as I tried to move them) and heard my real voice mumbling. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but I can’t seem to get a full dream body, just dream eyes which I can open and close, and every time I try to focus or think, I wake up.

EDIT:
Here’s a thought: Maybe my body is unable to create a sleep paralysis condition, so when I try to move my dream body while I’m sleeping, I move my real body, and I can feel my real body moving around so it wakes me up. Except during dreams when I move, I still feel really drained of energy, but maybe that’s because my entire body is conditioned for sleep in every way but SP. If that’s the case, is there any way I can really get to lucid dream like everyone else?

i get to were i cant feel my body, and then i drift in and out of sleep because its hard to maintain it, but i havent really been able to withstand my mind, last night I thought i was in a dream so i picked up what i thought was my physical hand and did the nose RC and it worked. then i got so excited that i woke up :grrr:

I haven’t gotten that far yet, I’m hoping too, do you use WBTB or you do it directly at night?

normally i do it directly but wbtb isnt all that helpful to me unless i fall right back to sleep and if i do that i dont really get a good enough grip to hold on to my conciousness.

So…if you do it directly at night, doesn’t it take you a long time until you enter SP? (Where you can’t control your body)

well, it normally took me 20-30 min and then this sharp sting happened and i went numb, but i couldve controlled it if i wanted to using my mind to wake and control my body. after that its just the test of waiting until a area occurs and once your in you can edit the dream

Just this morning i decided to try WILD, so i layed down, and tryed to go to sleep while keeping my mind awake. I think i layed there for half an hour to an hour. My body felt rly numb but i couldnt get into SP or see any HI or anything. Is there something im doing wrong?