First Steps to WILD part VI (Basic WILD Q&A)

That depends on when you do WILD.

If you do it while going to bed, you’ll probably sit there for a long time.
If you use WBTB with WILD, it will take a significantly shorter amount of time. :smile:

Is it hard to successfully WILD during the nights?

Can you train yourself into becoming fairly good at it, or will Deep Sleep be too much of an obstacle to make a realistic success rate possible?

1. It can be difficult. At the beginning of the night you have to stay aware to avoid a deep sleep cycle. I’ve gone an hour with no results, and others have gone even longer before a dream. Still, it’s not impossible. Some, like Wyvern, have managed to break through. However, it is much easier if you try it 4-6 hours after first sleeping.

2. That depends on you… from what I gather from those who have managed to do it, it will still take the same effort and concentration every time.

when u do wild is it the best way of getting lucid dream?
is it instant?
how long does it normally take to SP?
how long does SP last until u are in a dream and being lucid?
is it possible that u will drift off in SP and fail?

pls answer all and not just copied from other sites :happy:

well like it takes a bit when i wild i dont really keep track of how fast it takes to get to SP and yes its very possible to lose track of yourself when doing it there have been a few times where i just drifted in and forgot i was in a dream

For me it is WILD the best way but it took me almost a year to get it at that level. The biggest mistake one can do is just lying in bed and waiting for a dream. Doing that you’ll get to a point where you gonna end more awake then you were before bed and it could cause insomnia… [I’ve experienced that]

I like to divide WILD into 3 steps:

1. WBTB - you need to find good time for WBTB, of course you need to experiment with that… Usually waking up naturally is the best way because it’s going to be natural and calm waking… Also you need to find out for how long you need to be awake to awake your mind but keep your body asleep. Even 5 minutes may be enough.

2. SP - also a lot of experimenting… the biggest mistake I was talking about is thinking that you can just end up in a dream, well you can’t you need to fall asleep eventually. So the SP is only a bridge to a dream world but you need to know when you should let yourself to fall asleep - which is step 3:

3. Falling asleep: this is the crucial step. After experimenting with SP to see how long you experience one and how you feel at different stages of SP you can determine when to fall asleep. The point is falling asleep easily and when you feel like you can’t struggle any more then you let yourself to fall asleep and you may at that time experience vibrations, very odd combination of sensations[although that’s how it looks for me but you may experience something totally different, that’s why you need give a time to tech a do some experiments!]. And that part with falling asleep needs to be conscious. That’s mean that you need to think something like this: Ok, this is it, that’s the part about which that dude talked on LD4all and I will now let myself to fall asleep! After that I say that transition from waking world into dream world last’s only a few seconds, maybe it doesn’t but doesn’t matter because you will most probably be lucid from the start.

I’ve learned that nothing is almost instant and by accepting that you will have better and quicker results!

It depends on how tired you are and how comfortable you feel in the position you are trying to fall asleep!

I don’t know that in time because I’ve never end SP intentionally just to see how much time passed.

Yes it’s possible but have on mind that if you get to some point in SP and if you drift off[which practically you need to do but at the right moment] you will still end in a dream with some awareness and you may have lucid dream or better recall or more vivid and life like dream…

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions just ask! :content:

EDIT:

Also if my post is not easy to understand read main post in this topic, it may provide some better answers but basically I said the same!

the time it takes depends on when you do it
if you try when you go to bed it will take 1,5-2 hours to enter the dream( i don’t know exactly for SP)
but if you try in the morning when you just woke up(or WBTB) maybe it will take only the time to count down from 100 to 0 (at least in my experience)

I’m trying WILD but I’m a heavy sleeper and my parents would kill me if I set an alarm for say, three am. So I’ve been trying it around 4 or 5. Today when I did I lost the feeling in my hands after they got all tingly, and in my feet, but not anywhere else. I guess I was partially into the SP state.

So yesterday i was trying this: Before going to bed i listened to music and i mean i really focused on enjoying the music (i really love listening to metal music). Right after this i went to bed and almost instantly got HH. Well this was the tip. My question is: I have already quite a few times achieved to somehow imagine a dream when doing WILD and i thought “uh this might be a dream. they always say you gotta step into that dream” but my problem is always that i fear to lose the awareness if i step into the dream. Can somebody give me advice on how doing that?

First of all, right when you go to bed can be really difficult. You should try waking up at some point during the night and trying then as it will be easier to slip into a dream. I suggest you just imagine yourself interacting with a dream, don’t try to use your muscles, just imagine for example touching something. How would it feel in your hands? it it heave? cold? soft? etc. that really works for me if I’m in the right place :wink:

ah ok ill try it next time.

I have only done WILD once which was an accident so obviously I am going to have some questions

-When I see pictures they are always all green and dont have any other color, is that because I don’t wait long enough or because it is how my mind works.

-I never have sound until I enter the dream. (In the one time I did it and I don’t have sound period the other times) again is it that I don’t wait long enough or because its how my mind works.

-And I almost always see scenes happening (without sound) but can’t enter them are there any tips on how to do this.

There are various stages of HH and HI, and they don’t always have to go in order. There’s nothing saying you have to hear sound before the dream etc, etc. However, to better answer your question it would help if you could give us some more info. When are you trying WILD, right when you go to bed or have you already slept for a while?

In the middle of the day, right before bed, and after I wake up. (so basically every time but the middle of the night

Hi! :happy:

When I was a kid, I would frequently have nightmares when I went to sleep of a night.
These were terrifying and I’ll never forget them. Now that im a teenager, I don’t have them nearly as often (I think my last one was about 2 months ago) so now I get much more sleep, which is good.

Lately, I’ve been looking into Lucid Dreaming, as I think it would probably the most fun you could have ever. Imagine being able to control a world completely every night? That would be awesome!

Anyway, I looked for tips on how to lucid dream, and I came across the WILD method. I wanted to try it, but I think it would be a bad idea. You see, while I don’t have nightmares as often as I did, when I do, they’re even more terrifying than the last, and after I have one, the next few nights I try putting off sleep for as long as I can to avoid dreaming again (despite knowing I can’t be harmed) and that’s bad when I have school and things.

So, if I still have bad dreams, and they are still scary, I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to try WILD, because I think I’ll most likely hallucinate sounds and images which will be especially bad if I end up being conscious while in Sleep Paralysis.

Basically, is there any tips to still do WILD but reduce the chance of hallucinating, or at the very least tips on what to do if I do see scary imagery and things?

Thanks. :happy:

i only succed on wild twice but i can tell you there is nothing to be afraid, you must learn to not be afraid of the process, if you are afraid you might hallucinate bad things, and if you do, just stay calm, its all in you head,

so tips??

-don’t open your eyes at any moment specially when you are close

• there are a lot of wild methods maybe you could try counting to 100 in your mind and check if you are dreaming once you finish.
    -always watch the color patterns behind your eye lids, and always be awear of what is happening

btw try MILD first, its easier, and if you haven’t had a lucid dream yet it will help you to know more what you are doing. WILD is the hardest method so i don’t recomend yiu to start with it.

Ok, I’d go ahead and cut it out right when you go to sleep, it won’t help you very much since it’s generally very difficult then. As for the other times you’ll need to play around with times then.

Here’s a link to my general advice on WILD clicky here

With me while I am trying WILD I can imagine something and it is what I see, if this ends up working for you it might help. (but I’m not sure if it works with WILD it just at least gets rid of scary images)

I’ve put a great deal of effort into WILDing without getting much in return, I am going to perserve but I was just wondering if maybe I’m doing it wrong.

When I do try to WILD, I feel loads of vibrations and I see lots of sprites, that bits fine. But then I feel like I’m accelerating and I’m going faster and faster and my heart beats really fast and I find it hard to not start gasping for air. Obviously its tough to remain calm in this situation so I wanna know if anyone else gets this, and if so, how do you deal with it?

I used to and still sometimes do. Vibrations and images are Good signs that your on the right track. The stronger and more apparent they become, the closer you are. However you can’t be laying there, feel your body start vibrating, and then be like, omg I’m close I’m close! You don’t want to pay attention to these signs necessarily, I’m pretty sure you don’t want your mind paying to much attention to one thing and less on simply falling asleep. The secret to wild is to get your body so relaxed that it practically passes out on you. Relaxation is key. But if your getting anxious about the vibrations or excited, your not going to get relaxed. Hope this helps