Image Streaming Induced Lucid Dream (ISILD)

Introduction
ISILD uses the power of Image Streaming to induce LD’s. Image Streaming is the act of describing images that appear in your minds eye to another person or to a recording device. This technique is effective because it enables you to communicate directly with your subconscious, the area of your mind that is also responsible for dreams. Images are much more sensitive then words, and the act of describing them aloud reinforces you intention in a way that no other technique can.

Procedure

1. Pick up your tape recorder and image stream for at least ten minutes. The preferable time to do this is just before going to bed. This will reinforce your intention to have an LD even more.
  2. The second step is to state the dream you want to have as clearly as possible. Always use a direct, personal and positive sentence. ‘Tonight I will drive a speedboat to Brazil’ would be a good example. ‘Tonight I will drink a beer with some of my dream friends’ would be another.
  3. The third step is to describe the images that come into your mind’s eye aloud and to either another person or a recording device. A few rules apply to this process. They are described below.
  4. The fourth step is to simply go asleep.

Rules

1. The first rule is that you should describe the images aloud and to either another person or a recorder. Having an external focus will increases the quality of both the images and your description of them.
  2. The second rule is that you should speak quickly and without judgement. Image streaming is an act of creation. You should defer judgement until a later time. The process is quite similair to brainstorming in this respect.
  3. The third rule is to always speak in sensory terms. You are trying to bring a part of your mind into focus that works in images and other senses. Abstract descriptions will have a negative effect.
  4. Don’t forget that the process of Image Streaming should always be fun and energetic. The right mindset is quite important for inducing a LD.

WILD
ISILD should be combined with WILD for the best results. Image Stream for ten minutes before going to bed, and then use WILD after the 3rd or 4th REM cycle to actually enter the dream state. The combination of these two methods should garantee succes with LD’s within a short timespan.

Nice :smile:

I’ve been interested in image streaming for some time, but haven’t actually tried it much. I have trouble getting images and lose motivation :shy: I know that describing the images out loud is important, but is it enough to simply say it out loud? (without a friend or recorder) or maybe even simply a voice in your head?

I’ll see if I can get some images flowing tonight, thanks for posting :wink:

Why does image streaming work? Because it get’s you into a flow. The act of describing aloud AND as quickly as you can, makes sure you are 100% focussed on getting the best quality of images. That kind of focus is simply not possible without using a recording device.

They say having another person around to actually listen is best, but unfortionately I haven’t experienced that yet.

There are exersises for people who have trouble visualising. You can find them here: winwenger.com/isbackup.htm . Motivation is a common problem. It was a problem for me too until I invented this method. I hope it helps you out :content:

the page does not work…

Yes it does, but the link included the dot of the sentence for some reason. Problem solved :wink:

Thanks for the link Solaris. I had never heard of image streaming before. I’ve been trying WILD for some time now, getting as far as SP but no roll over urge or much of any images. Mostly I become utterly and totally awake and end up not being able to fall asleep again for hours. I will try this image streaming with my daughter (poor thing, her mom has all these crazy ideas all the time).

I just say what I see and record it…but if I say it oul load how can I fall asleep?

Obviously, you can’t :roll:

Read my post again, and this time from top to bottom. You’ll notice I said you should image stream BEFORE going to bed.

I re-read that and understood thanks :smile:
Solaris, how much you’ve done it, and how much it took u to LD.
and another question, how is it connected to LDing, is it improving the subconscions?

I’ve had quite a lot of experience with lucid dreams, but I don’t think experience is that important. It was quite a struggle for me to find out the techniques, and wisdom that I am now sharing with you for free. You can learn in days what took me years to figure out. I’m not joking either.

There is a part of your mind that thinks in words, and there is a part that thinks in images. Most people are not aware that such a part exists, but it is there. It has it’s own form of thought processes that are very different from the verbal part of your mind, but it still thinks. Just like dreams, image streaming is a way to bring that visual part of your mind into focus. If you truly understand the art of image streaming, you have mastered a different, but extremely useful way to think.

I know I can think in pictures, but I don’t understand how it helps u to induce a lucid dream…