LD4all Quest 70 [September]: Test a Dream Character!

LD4all Quest 70: September: Test a dream character!

Each month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

LD4all Quest 70 Suggested by: Myst

Test a dream character

Dream characters seem to know quite a bit about our dream worlds, but how much do they actually know? This is your chance to find out! Find a DC in your dreams and ask them a question you don’t know the answer to. Then, once you wake up, look up the answer to the question and see if they got it right.

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Become lucid :wink:
  • Find the DC that you want to ask.
  • Ask your question, and make sure to remember the answer!
  • Once you wake up, look up the actual answer to your question.
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded). Your post must include the question, the answer the DC gave you and whether or not the answer was correct.

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - Q will only give wings if you feel you have been successful in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

pasQuale will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• Set your mind for this Quest
  • Think about the question you want to ask. Concentrate on it so it’s fresh on your mind when the dream starts.
  • Picture the DC that you want to ask the question to.
  • Imagine yourself asking them the question

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

And finally: have fun everyone! Happy lucids! :tardis:

This sounds fun! I just hope I can do it if school isn’t interfering with it. My question will be: What’s the phobia for fear of lightning?

This sounds like a cool quest. I don’t know if I’ll be able to get back into lucid dreaming quickly enough to do it, but I’ll make an attempt. If I do get an LD I’ll ask this: “When was the precise date that Otto Von Bismarck was born?” That is a question that I definitely do not have the answer to.

Recently had an LD where I asked the DC a question. His response was: “Maybe?” This occured prior to my reading the quest for this month. Also, since I can’t varify his answer, I’ll try for another question.

ahhhh this should be reallly fun!! ive previously told DC’s that they were just a creation of my subconsious and they freaked out, except for the one who smiled and who i assume is my DG…

This was apart of a kind what i call a train dream (dream wasn’t about a train). So i gained lucidity when i was sitting with my teacher at a desk in the middle of the road. Apparently before i gained lucidity we were talking about something but i didn’t remember however the conversation led to her asking for my Facebook profile and then i said i didn’t want to get in trouble with her husband, she just laughed and then i said do you have a husband and she said yes. So i said ok and then the alarm woke me up. Saw her today in class and i was going to ask her the question again but she was busy with another student so i decided to do it after class. However i forgot and left class without asking her. She was the first teacher i have ever dreamt about in such a short space of time. As in i just met her the day before.

I got lucid when I saw a luminescent tree in a twilight setting. Ended up asking a few DCs some questions.

In the dream… I find my self in dirt parking lot of sorts near the beautiful large oak tree with lights. There is a young couple sitting on the hood of an artistically painted car. I ask them if I can ask them a question and one of them says something about the weather is for innate runners. I could not understand exactly what he said so I asked if he could repeat it. Next I look for someone else and ask if I can ask them a question. At this point in the dream it seems I can hear better without visuals, so I look away and focus on listening as my vision blurs and darkens. The DC tries to answer my question about a future event then says he can’t do it. He turns into an older woman and says “This lunch is over. Thanks for your mastery.”

I move on and find a crowd of people. I ask a young man who has his face painted (bottom half like a skull) if he could answer a question for me. At this point the dream scene qualaity looks very similar to the movie “Waking Life”. He seems receptive so I ask “What is the cause of Autism?” He does not respond, however another DC from the side responds and says it is caused by “Soap”. He gives me an explanation, however some of the words are muffled so I ask him to repeat. He takes me aside and goes on to explain more about the use of soap and that there are also effeminate products in some foods. After he is done I tell him I’m a lucid dreamer and this is a dream. I ask him if he is a lucid dreamer. He pauses and says yes. I tell him a favorite thing to do in a dream is to float. He agrees and takes the lead as he uses some cardboard like material he has with him as a kind of bodyboard/boogieboard and lies on it stomach down as he floats down the hallway about 3 feet off the ground in what seems like an airport waiting area. I first try to just levitate and then quickly take a piece of cardboard to follow my new DC friend.

Just checked to see if I could verify the answer of the DC who responded to my question about the cause of Autism even though there is still no approved correct answer available.

Here is what I found…

Millions of Americans use antibacterial soaps and household cleaners every day, believing that their germ-killing ability will keep them and their families healthier. But could these same chemicals that fight germs also be hazardous to your health?
That’s a question being studied by a group of researchers at the University of California, Davis. In three separate studies, the researchers showed that the chemicals — triclosan and triclocarban — have potential to affect sex hormones and interfere with the nervous system. They also may become suspects in the search for causes of autism.

I had no idea about this until I just now searched google with “autism cause soap”. My DC may be correct!

Good idea for a quest! I’m going to ask a DC to name two specific DOS games off a compilation disk that me and my friend used to play when we were young. I’ll give a brief explanation of what the games are like too. Then when I’m awake I’ll search up the titles and see if they’re right.

The first game is a side-scrolling game with lots of weapons. I don’t remember how the controls worked, but I think it might have been 2.5d (can only control left/right/up/down movements but the path you walk moves 3d). I also believe it had semi-realistic graphics for the time. I remember one part where you have to get up a cliff.

The second game was also side scrolling but pure 2d and cartoon graphics. Pretty basic but fun platforming. IIRC, you played as a kid whose spaceship crashed. He starts off in a forest with a gun that I don’t think shoots bullets (its more of a kids game) and I think there were powerups, and you could also enter certain buildings and there were underground parts.

(If you know those games, don’t post what they are! I’m just writing the descriptions down so I can come back here and read them or add to them if I remember more :razz:)

Lol, I searched up autism cause soap and saw this forums link. :razz:

Last night i did the quest… I was wandering around streets and saw a man dressed in a very nice dress suit with brief cases and such waiting at a stop sign so i asked him how he became successful in life? He answered back saying “I know the right contacts” well he wouldn’t say any more so i decided to ask him how i can become successful in life? Well he responded “whatever you do don’t get involved with sheep…” I was puzzled on this and next morning i got on Google and searched “sheep bad for successful live” and Chinese animals that are linked to years and i am a ox and it says to stay away from sheep because they are bad luck… well maybe i was right? who knows

Even thoe i know i don’t have to I formally accept and will try to do this quest.

Could it mean… don’t get involved with followers/workers (sheep) versus those who reach high positions (eagles), or “sharks,” which in a business context may mean ruthless, competitive, risky and/or aggressive people.
Here are some Idioms:

The black sheep of the family is one who is very different from the others, and least respected by the other members of the family,

To describe someone as a wolf in sheep’s clothing means that although the person looks harmless, they are really very dangerous. “He looks kind but in fact he’s a wolf in sheep’s clothing.”

Ok, this is even better… just learned this term today :“Sheeple”
Here is the wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheeple

Also, just happen to walk by a car show this weekend and saw a car similar to the one the couple were sitting on in my quest dream: a Ford Galaxie with flames painted on the bottom half.

September 2011 – 2nd Attempt at “Test a Dream Character”: I dreamt I was at work at the adolescent detox where I really work (in waking life), with my friend Stacey (who I don’t actually work with in waking-life). I heard a series of bangs from another room, went to investigate, and saw the adolescent clients playing video games. I presumed the banging I heard was actually the sounds of their game. I walked further and realized that I was in a part of the building I didn’t recognize. I asked Stacey, who had stayed with me, “I’ve never been in this part, have you?” My own question suddenly seemed silly to me; since she was a “floor-staff” in my dream, and dreaming, I assumed this gave her greater access to different areas of the building. I suddenly saw the incongruence; as I knew I had been in every area of the building, and became lucid. :smile: I immediately took note of my surroundings. I saw a black rocket or missle, in an upright position, with yellow markings on it. I didn’t find this interesting enough to pursue. I saw a box of Lucky Charms cereal on an overhead shelf and decided to check and see how my subconscious had decorated the box. Instead of the usual Leprechaun character, there was a chipmunk character on the box wearing red-framed, trippy, 60’s style sunglasses. I decided to look around outside, flew upright and smoothly through a glass door and then around a corner. I saw a flower shop with a phone number on the door. It occurred to me that the numbers could relate to my waking-life in some manner but I chose to not memorize them; as I had remembered my dream goal and wished to focus on that. I entered the shop and saw an elderly saleswoman with bushy, curly gray hair sitting at a table. There was a large bouquet of flowers on the table that partially obstructed my view of her face. I smelled these flowers and noted that they had an authentic flowery-scent. I introduced myself politely to the woman, explained to her that I was dreaming, and asked her if I could ask her a question. She agreed in a kindhearted manner and so I asked her if she knew what year Ben Franklin was born. She replied “’55”. Not having all my wits about me, I asked her “1955 or 1855?” She replied “1855”. I thanked her and decided to give her a quick peck on the lips in order to show my genuine appreciation. While doing so, I decided it would be a funny dream-thing if I French-kissed her; as she was so old, and I was already kissing her anyway. So I did. To my surprise, the woman returned the kiss. As we parted lips, she said “Thank you for helping me remember what that was like”. I found myself feeling good about helping this dream-character re-experience a happy memory. I left the shop, looked down the street, and saw a Wendy’s. I decided to float over to it and eat a cheeseburger but the dream quickly faded. Upon waking, I checked online to see when Ben Franklin was born. No dice: he was born in 1706, and died in 1790. Interesting dream though! I felt as if I accomplisehd the goal.

lol, funny kissing an old lady… but you gave her a choice, after she said 55 (1855 or 1955), she only said 55… should a asked, what does 55 mean…

maybe asking “what time will it be when I wake up”, would complete the task and also check if your DC has an internal clock.

I Know! Upon waking I was like, “Arrgh!” I should have asked what “55” meant! Funny how, while dreaming, I was ready to take info at face value… In fact, she could have meant an entirely different Ben Franklin!

[center]

Congratulations

Nicklebrick
am.dreaming
FlyByNight

for earning your wings with this Quest! :yay:

Well done, for completing the Quest, extra cookies and invisible wings added!

:boogie: :boogie:

and well done for everyone who tried but didn’t succeed this time! :smile:
[/center]

This Quest is now officially over. You are ofcourse free to still do this Quest at your leisure, and post in this topic about your results, but you can’t earn wings anymore by completing it.

Another opportunity to earn your wings in the next Quest! :smile: