LD4all Quest 73 [December]: The Spirit of Giving VI
Concept: pasQuale, Authors: Rhewin and pasQuale
This Quest has been extended to january! That means you get an extra month to earn your wings! Good luck!
Each month, on LD4all we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.
The Spirit of Giving VI
Ah, Christmas is in the air once again. Holiday music fills the air, buildings are lit up brightly with colorful lights and in homes around the world Christmas trees are spreading a little extra holiday spirit. It’s also the time of year when we get together with our family and friends and exchange gifts to show our love for one another. The same is true with our family here on LD4all.
Since 2006 we’ve been exchanging present with each other in our dreams and this year the tradition lives on. In your dreams, find another dreamer and give them a present. Maybe it’s someone from LD4all, a RL loved one or just a dream character you’re fond of. Don’t celebrate Christmas? Not a problem, just give a gift from the heart and celebrate in your own way.
This can be done in a regular lucid dream, but maybe you want to go a little further and attempt a shared dream. For some extra fun, team up with other dreamers on LD4all and have a little in-dream gift exchange with your friends. Who knows, maybe they’ll have a little something for you too?
Have fun, and don’t forget the gift wrapping!
To complete this Quest and earn your wings
- Become lucid
- Give a gift to your buddy or to someone you want to give a gift to.
- Note: The gift must be wrapped so the receiver has to open it.
- bonus: receive a gift back from your buddy
- Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)
Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - pasQuale will only give wings if you feel you have been succesfull in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.
pasQuale will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient
Bonus Option: (not required to earn wings, but much more fun!)
What could be better than just giving a gift to another dreamer? Why, having a gift exchange, of course! Of course giving is better than receiving, but receiving sure feels nice .
Find someone to share your gift with here on the forum (you can do this through PM or chat). Announce your partner here on the Quest topic so we know who’s with who. After that, find your buddy in a lucid dream and give your gift. Then, receive your present from your friend. The point is for an exchange, so to do the bonus option you will need to do both parts. However, it doesn’t have to all be done in one dream.
It is perfectly fine if you receive your gift in a non-lucid dream, but the dream you actually give your present in should be an LD. (This is a lucid dreaming Quest after all )
Giftshopping in your dream world:* Reach out in your pocket/bag and know your gift is inside.
- Enter a shop and get something you like, have it gift wrapped…
- Summon or materialize the gift you want to give.
- Shout: “please let the perfect gift for [name] appear”
- Expect the gift to be there when you turn around. Then (of course), turn around.
Finding the receiver
Note:You need to personally give the gift yourself. No sending it by mail or messenger!
- Enter an elevator and press the button with the name of your buddy to get there.
- Stand in front of a door. Know that behind the door you will find your buddy. Open the door and go inside.
- Summon your buddy. Call out his/her name.
- Ask someone in your dream to take you to the one you want to give your present to.
- You could also set up a meeting place, in that case use any of the above methods (or your own method) to travel to the meeting place.
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):
- Set your mind for this Quest
- Decide what you will do to find your gift, decide who you will give it to (if you haven’t teamed up with a buddy) Do you already know what you will give or will it be a surprise gift? How will you find the gift receiver?
Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic
Be sure to announce who you have teamed up with in the topic!
Last but not least: have fun everyone!