Lucidity Challenge 39: Congratulations, Koharo!

I’d advise all members to post their Q’s and A’s in the group doc if they want. It’ll help us narrow down what these pots do!

I’m gonna grab any available potion anyways in the dream so I’m just curious as to what they do. :razz: I’m sure with 560 questions we can figure out what 12 potions do. :razz:

Scipio, I agree that 560 questions can narrow down 12 things quite easily. To be honest, I was only expecting a partial team effort, not a full one. :tongue:

I am a little confused by the potions, I have questions on the scoring, not on the abilities.

Why is it high risk? just because we are risking doing tasks and not getting the other ones done?

What if I ingest a bottle and it gives me an effect that doesn’t coincide with it because I didn’t get an answer for it? Still points or no points? (for instance, I ingest black and I don’t know what it does, I start shooting ice everywhere next dream)

These don’t have to be done consecutively to get the points right?

honestly, the more goals I can get the better. This goes through the whole competition right? Me focusing on one goal always lowers my lucidity rate, and me not focusing on goals and only having like one goal makes it hard to remember. If I have a lot of goals and I try to think of one during an LD, I will usually come up with something, and if I do something in an LD, I usually can think of it in LDs again (I can repeat most goals and have on a lot of occasions, or I continue where I left off).

Sorry for so many questions. I realize that I may seem kind of dumb, but hey, I just want to make sure of anything before I let it in my lucid world forever.

BrandonBoss, no need to apologize! I’ll happily clarify. The risk element comes from getting no bonus task points until finishing the very last of the four required dreams. To be maximally efficient about it, you’d have to find spare time in dreams after completing tasks to progress towards the 400 points. You also have nothing to rely on but the past knowledge that you consumed something bestowing the ability — it’s one step removed from willpower (active) dream control, which is tough for many people (although maybe it’s easy for you; I’m not in your head to find out). If you consume one that you did not know about and post that you did, I will PM you the effect and the next dream requirement. You do need to have the four dreams in order (and logically over at least four nights, as I’m unlikely to be present to give you the instructions for the next dream while you WBTB), but they don’t need to be four consecutive LDs. Finishing all four at any point before the LC ends is fine!

If anybody else has such questions, please ask! I’m not here to make things difficult, so I’ll clear up anything!

I see. I will let dream me decide which he thinks is best to do and run with it then, thanks for all the clarification.

Also, don’t know if you saw this since it wasn’t added to the OP, it is my new personal goal:

wow… im just so overwhelmingly encouraged by your prediction that no one would choose me.

Loah, I made that prediction last week. You weren’t in the LC at the time; it isn’t me making some sort of statement against you.

I know, i just thought it would be funny to say :tongue: I caught onto that when i didn’t see you on the list.
And you did get 2 matches correctly.

:mrgreen: [color=olive]Heh nice Loah.

A short LD and a medium LD. I’ll either record em later tonight or tomorrow when I get the chance.

[spoiler]-Got back to Emerald Hill again
-Accepted a blind date (it was before 1pm so it wouldn’t exactly count as an attempt)
-Saw an old friend at the dorm
-Somehow ended up in the animated series Boondocks hanging out with Ed and Remy
-Somehow got in trouble with the cops
-End up in this local high school trying to run[/spoiler]
[/color]

Koharo, they’re added in.

Scores are updated. Also, it’s my 500th post! I am now upgraded from the puny Astral Explorer user class to the mighty Dream Deity user class. I can feel the raw power within me, or something, I guess.

2 long LD,
1 fld.
Attempted personal goal…

These

Congrats Thorn. I am almost at 100 here, which I know isn’t very many, but I am excited. I feel like 100 at least means I am trying to fit in around the forum. 1000 has always (imo) meant that you are a pillar of the community. :razz: I want 1000 LDs so that I can be considered a part of my actual dream world. haha.

I need a clarification on FLD. I heard someone say that it is when you do things in your dreams that you wouldn’t do in waking life? Or is it when you have an idea that something is wrong, but you don’t check reality about it? OR am I way off track here. Where I come from we don’t use the term (said in an old man southern accent) :tongue:.

1 medium LD

and Lumessence passed me in number of posts. how did THAT happen, ms.silent.

Lumessence, sooooo close! Best of luck getting it done!

BrandonBoss, I don’t actually consider user class to be significant, heh. I just have the user class title covered up with a custom title, so I figured I’d make note of the change. With respect to FLD, I’ve seen some confusion about the idea lately, and I’ve been talking to people to verify my opinion and to hear about the opinions of others. I consider an FLD to be a dream in which you at some point take an action with the reasoning being that you are dreaming, but without you actually becoming conscious. In other words, the concept of what your dream self sees being a dream is used an excuse for an action to happen rather than an increase in awareness. I know that a few places around the forum and chat room say that it’s just about having lucid dreamer behavior, but I disagree; I can certainly fly in a dream without realizing I am dreaming.

Loah, congrats on the LD!

Today’s script task:
!ideaLC
LC participants, in your next LD, you should expose yourself to radiation while in Los Angeles and in the form of The Incredible Hulk!
…that is oddly coherent!
the script is either getting luckier or smarter

Scores are updated.

WOOT! Dry spell done! First LD of the LC! Aww yea!! :tongue:

Guitar Check ~ Short Lucid Dream

Dreams so Far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 1
FLDs: 2
Short LDs: 1

Task 1: Part 3, Part 4, EARLY
[/spoiler]

This has been a goal of mine for quite a while. I’ve gotten close to attempts several times, but i’ve never truely had it on my mind while lucid. I probably would have just tried to send myself there myself, but I guess I was too into the current situation… besides. creativity, you know? (ehm . not referencing points…)

And it looks like Loah had a dream about the future.
:ack:

Scipio, congrats on breaking your dry spell! My hypnosis over Skype clearly worked. :wink:

I see that Koharo has a DJ entry as well; as soon as he posts here, I’ll grade it.

Scores are updated.

Last night I had a short LD here. I successfully summoned Squoak, but I got distracted and did not complete any desires.

LDbc12, I wish I could give a million points for the State Farm jingle, but I can’t. :tongue: Take five creativity points for it. I keep imagining squoak as a bunny like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, as if he’s not native to your dream world and thus shows up as a bunny. That’s just my weird brain, though. :smile:

Scores are updated.

had a ND and met Loah :3