Lucidity Challenge 44—Winner: drd

A long lucid nightmare and ND fragments here.

I walked through a portal in a ND this morning.

Had a long ld this morning. I gave a DC money, and I used lightning from my hands

Okay, I’ve updated everything again. There’s only 10 more subtasks on the grid before I can stop updating the thing. :tongue:

Video Game Related ND , I didn’t do any of the known tasks though.

Lottsa recall. And, yes, Thorn. Only 10 more subtasks before you can stop updating… and I can stop marking things size=75[/size]. :tongue:

Fish and Minecraft ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Task I Part D5 size=75̶[/size]
More Minecraft and Unturned ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ size=75̶[/size]
Scipio is a Crook ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ size=75̶[/size]

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 3
Short LDs: 3
Medium LDs: 0
Long LDs: 0

Task 1:-E C4 & I5 | D5
[/spoiler]

squoak, sorry, but I don’t see any points. :sad:

Scipio did a new subtask, but it was on the grid in a place where the subtasks around it were already revealed, so there is nothing new to update besides the scores.

One long LD and two short LDs.

In the long LD I spoke with my dog who, while not being able to verbally communicate as he is a “real” animal, gave a clear understanding of the conversation and would bark or give body language as a reply. I also dressed in a Star Fleet uniform on the Voyager. While Voyager is technically a scientific vessel, Star Fleet is also a military organization and I believe that counts as dressing as a soldier. They also taught me how to use a phaser, but this was before I was lucid. Finally, I saved Captain Janeway from a monster I no longer remember. Though I’d hardly call Captain Janeway helpless, there are no restrictions on what a “damsel in distress” is other than a woman in danger.

In one of the short LDs I also was given an award from one of my professors at a small ceremony for my work last semester at my university.

In an ND I also used pcychokinesis.

Things that may not count:

• I fixed a radio for one of my professors in the LD
  • I used parts from the old radio to make a remote control for a DC

^ Aaannnddd there’s the point dump. I was waiting for it. :wink:

I’ve updated everything.

Short LD last night. Was early in the night and control/lucidity was a rather low.

I recognised you, Thorn, and you gave me rocket boots. I’m hoping that counts as a power, although it’s really just tech… in which case you tricked me! :wam: I was in New York city, and flew vertically up between skyscrapers rather than horizontally.

That’s probably the only stuff that might have counted. The rest was typically random.

Edit: Just seen the additional unlocks on the board… There was a gravity flip which is what caused my lucidity in the first place. I ran along the wall.

A ND here, hopefully with some tasks done. I spoke with a cat who later turned into a snake. I don’t know if “stop the robbery” would count because I did catch the guy in the act of stealing, but he didn’t have bad intentions.

Last’s night’s dream:

The sheet of paper is a pale brownish yellow, as if it’s from a old book that was printed on cheap paper. There are no words on it in any script, just some black circles connected by lines, like a diagram of the Sephirot in Kabbalah, or a schematic of how the rooms are connected from some old text adventure game.

I think this is a near miss for the “Find a map of your dreamscape” subtask; it probably is a map, but in the dream I wasn’t certain what it was, so it may not count for the points.

obfusc8, I didn’t say the flight had to be horizontally between them, although you’re right in that my mental image of the task was in that direction. I just wanted flight to be something more than immediately rising above the environment. I’ll count the rocket boots as a received power as well, as you had a unique flight. I am slightly concerned that you believed En’enra and thought my smirk meant I was up to something, though. I finally change my avatar from angry to happy, and everybody acts like it’s a bad thing. :tongue: Long story short, if you want me to be evil, I’ll be evil; I’m there to help in whatever fashion. :smile:

En’enra, I’m not sure if I should count the snake-thief either. You noted his intentions were good, and beyond that, it wasn’t a robbery. Depending on if he was allowed in your house, it’s either larceny or burglary; a robbery is the forceful theft of something via threatening or using force on a person. I’d be willing to let one of the two issues slide, but there’s two here. :confused: Of course, if there’s a detail I’m missing about the dream, tell me. You did get points for talking with an animal.

Susan_Y, if you think it’s a near miss, then I won’t count it. As I told En’enra, if there’s another detail that makes it count, please tell me.

I’ve updated the scores and grid and will update the task post and photo grid soon. The Power team has all of its subtasks unlocked; way to go! The Explorer team just had a rather unique subtask unlocked based on top-down RPGs: “Become a giant as you leave a town”. I imagine most people get the reference, but I’ll explain it for the millennial generation that grew up in an age where sprite scaling existed. :razz: Many old games would use the same art for the characters regardless of setting, and the setting would be drawn on a scale relative to how interactive it is. Art could not be resized on most old game consoles without having a separate, scaled copy in the game. This means that when characters in older RPGs are in towns, they appear to be at the right scale, but when the action zooms out to show characters traversing a large, empty expanse outside of a town, the characters appear to be colossi. While it’s just a visual quirk in old games, we’ll play with it as if it’s an intended behavior. :happy:

Woo did a bunch of tasks in a ND last night. Specifically, I went to an event held in my honor, I grabbed a tool from a utility belt and used it, Dressed as a Soldier (A Team Fortress 2 soldier, specifically!), and also learned how to use a weapon from a DC. The last one was more like a tutorial on how to use weapons in general, but, considering that said tutorial helped me defeat the main antagonist of the dream, I think it was pretty useful.

^ Okay, I’ve marked all of this and updated everything.

There’s only four subtasks left to reveal! While I obviously can’t say who will feel this way, I assure you that some of you will shout something like “!@#%$! I was so close in that one dream I had!” when you see those subtasks. :tongue:

Don’t count that one for me, then, since I didn’t have a proper understanding of the word “robbery”. :happy: Thanks for the clarification!

So… another NLD’d task! I wonder if I can do them all this way! :tongue: Seriously, though, SC. Even though you’re so good at throwing these subtasks into casual dream plot could you throw me a lucid bone while you’re at it? :razz:

Scipio Loses a Fight ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Task I Part B3 size=75̶[/size]

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 4
Short LDs: 3
Medium LDs: 0
Long LDs: 0

Task 1:-E C4 & I5 | D5 | B3
[/spoiler]

^ You’re not allowed to use my DJ convention without paying royalties. I wish I could award you no points for that theft. :grrr: Never mind that I totally took my convention from somewhere else!

I’ve updated the scores. The revealed subtasks did not change.

Another Short LD last night which turned rapidly into a FA No tasks done.

I had 6 short non-lucid dreams last night, including:

I played a musical instrument (a Japanese koto). (I can always hope there’s a “Guitar Hero” subtask we haven’t revealed yet, but I doubt I’ll be that lucky). My playing in the dream was terrible; I couldn’t properly remember a tune.

I’m on a battlefield, with a convoy of armoured trucks. Then I’m high up above in the air, wired into a computer system in some way. I’m looking down towards the ground. firing at enemy vehicles with a laser beam.

There was more context in that dream, but I can’t remember it. Doesn’t count for the “Dress as a soldier” subtask as I didn’t look to see if I was wearing a uniform. Possibly counts for “Pilot a mecha from within”, if you allow flying mechs. The dream did feel like it was from that kind of anime. (I got to be Rei Ayanami or someone like that).