Lucidity Challenge 44—Winner: drd

Well, just so I have something to post, I’ll post about Task 5 Tweaks. :razz:

I’ve really liked the entire direction this LC has gone… just wish I could have done more than the little I actually did. :razz: It’s not over yet, though! :happy:

As to things I’ve REALLY liked… well some of the Task 1 subtasks are actually what’s on my mind. I think it’d be cool if there would be a way to elaborate on them somehow. Particularly I’m focused on (in order of preference) the “Take Control of a Powerful DC”, “Dark Magic”, and visiting your “mindspace”, Thorn. :razz:

I wish I had more to say, but I haven’t really had the luck to be able to do much so… yea. :razz:

Haha… I’d post a picture, but it might scare the children… (and one of my sonic fan character too :lol:)

A short lucid with a late task.

“Fight a robot or a mech” ugh…so close. A DC fought for me. Also visited the space around Earth. No rainbow road, just a long free fall.

I had a long lucid dream last night. The tasks I believe I completed:

Jump down a pipe
Destroy a bridge
Have Bowser teach me koopa magic
Use dark magic

My DJ post: [community.ld4all.com/t/drd-tales/39779/17)

En’enra, I’m surprised that felt like it hurt in your dream. I can’t say I usually change size in dreams by pretending I’m a balloon, but the last time I filled with air, it was actually a strangely satisfying feeling, as if I just ate a big meal. That said, I was actually treating it like a balloon and not sucking in more air than Earth actually has; perhaps the vacuum of space was trying to make you expand past your limits? I am not a dream scientist, so this conjecture should not be taken seriously. I hope the view was nice, at least.

Letaali, the trick to getting from “close to points” to “earning points” is to realize you are dreaming. :happy:

drd, it’s neat that you seemed to end up in a classic Mario level while doing most of that, and it helped you find points too. Does that mean you’ll be entering a Sonic level for the current task’s points?

I’ve updated the scores.

Actually, I chose that method of expanding my body because I was reading a fable for my exam in which a frog wanted to grow like an ox, so she inhaled air until she bursted. Perhaps that’s why it hurt? :woo: Yes, the view was very nice.

I’ll give some feedback as has been asked. I liked the minigame in Task 1 to reveal more subtasks. I liked that the first task gave so many options on what to incubate.

It’s easier to list the subtasks that I wasn’t that interested in:
Ride and jump on a skateboard
Speak with a real animal
Give money to a DC
Attend an event held in your honor
Score the game winning points
Usurp a king/ruler and take charge

I still want to outgrow Earth, I want to visit the rainbow road with a teammate and I have mostly been focusing on my personal goal. I haven’t really focused on incubating tasks 2-4 so I don’t have anything to say about them.

So, Task 5 stuffs. I liked all the tasks, but the Task 1 tasks were probably my favorite. They’re pretty coolio. Also, I’m noticing that this LC is missing my favorite (and objectively the best?!) video game genre, despite being about video games! Where is the love for Rhythm Games?! WHERE?! :razz:

o also task 2 got me pretty hyped as well

Had an LD here this morning which at 2-3 minutes long makes it a short one for me. No tasks completed but featured a nice highlight where I had to explain to two DCs that they were in a Lucid Dream with me and that anything was possible. :smile:

Thanks for the information, everybody. I’ve updated the scores with james_uk2008’s points.

Short lucid dream last night

Several near misses regarding tasks. Made a motorcycle fly… not quite a hoverbike. Slid down a short handrail. Rode a shopping cart. Tried to fix someone’s problem (computer issues. I think I made it worse)… and entered a computer screen instead of a TV. :sigh:

Edit: Just re-read Task 1 and it says TV or monitor, so I guess that last one does count after all? :smile:

^ Yes, it counts. You need to do more, though! Are you gonna let drd run away with another LC? Huh?!? HUH?!?!? In any case, I’ve updated the scores.

Task 5 goes up in two days! If there’s anything you could be doing that you simply haven’t done—incubating a certain dream, picking up easy points such as the first subtask in both Task 3 and Task 4, designing a character for Task 4, typing out your favorite subtasks to influence Task 5, etc.—do it now! The LC’s swiftly coming to a close, so make the last nine days count!

I became invisible in a ND last night.

^ Noted. The scores are updated.

Naturally, any of the subtasks that prominantly feature transformations are my favourite ones as they give me the opportunity to experience other lifestyles/cultures/lives first hand in different forms. I know I completed the mask subtask but I’ll go over my incubation method anyway. In the case of incubating Task 2’s mask shapeshifting subtask, I referred to the gallery over thehunterslair.com which essentially has the perfect reference material for anything Predator related. Looking at the reference material for the Bio-Mask as well as the Predator itself the night before as well as discussing my plans on IRC before I went off to bed that night was invaluable in making it really authentic once it actually manifested itself in the LD. (No exaggeration. The mask was literally perfect when I was holding it in the LD).

I’m pretty sure I discussed on IRC what I was going to do in this one before I went off to bed the night before I had that one. So far in this LC, I’ve noticed that I can focus my intent much more if I discuss it on IRC before I go off to bed even if it’s just a single sentence as to what I’m going to try and do.

OK, I have been busy with school and extra work, so I’ve got a lot to post. I am so sorry for the point dump >.>. Anything with points was done after the respective tasks were up.

First of all, I had a dream where I questioned I was dreaming.

Two short LDs, no tasks completed (at least not before they were posted).

In another short LD, I went into a sewer. I also caused a bridge to collapse using explosives from the sewer, which also counts for blowing something up with a bomb. I also jumped higher than normal whilst doing a triple front flip.

In various NDs, I ran along a wall, grinded on a pipe, fought a robot, and caught a Pokemon.

Again, sorry for the silence and the point dump.

^ Welp, that’s 495 points and a move from third to first. Pretty typical Rhewin-y, point dump-y stuff. The scores are updated.

Points??? It would appear so… even if they’re just minor points… :tongue: Anyways, I was invisible at the beginning of this dream.

A Bizarre Game and Ritual ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Task I Part H4

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 6
Short LDs: 5
Medium LDs: 0
Long LDs: 0

Task 1:-E C4 & I5 | D5 | B3 | C5 | H4
Task 2: ~ none ~
Task 3: ~ none ~
Task 4: ~ none ~
[/spoiler]

^ Dream noted, points added, scores updated.