Lucidity Challenge 49 - winner: drd!

Non-lucid dream, in which I wear 18th century costume while on board a sailing ship, with some guys dressed as pirates and a parrot.

I’m hoping that’s good for the “disguise” task; I’m clearly playing a character there.

Annoyingly, I think that’s a near miss on the “act like a pirate” task. Pirate ship, pirates, eighteenth century costume (what do women wear in pirate movies anyway? I can’t think of any examples offhand), even a parrot. But I’m not sure if I was acting enough like a pirate to claim the points.

P.S. The transformation had something of a resemblance to Anna in Frozen as well, so there was a narrowly averted risk of a princess costume and singing…

That’s clearly the most on-topic dream yet of the challenge, so I have no hesitation in granting you those task points. Leaning on a mast on a pirate ship whilst in costume is acting like a pirate in my book. You’re up into third place. :smile:

As for what female pirates wear… from my intensive research (watching Pirates of the Caribbean), apparently it involves tight bodices and knee high leather boots. :nodnodwinkwink: [size=84]Excuse me I need to go take a cold shower.[/size]

:whew: Close one!

@footballfreak - grats on the lucid dream last night, keep it up!

Last night I had a long LD. I disguised myself, and I grew. I’m counting the dragon transformation for the grow task as the third person view of myself was pretty big.

Non-lucid dream, in which I enter a sacred spring.

There was water, but I didn’t get to do any of the water-based tasks (didn’t look underwater, no aquatic creature, didn’t get to make anything).

(After checking some of the Pirates of the Caribbean films). The costume I wore in the pirate dream was more like the one worn by Keira Knightly as Elizabeth Swann (rather than Penelope Cruz as Angelica).

obfusc8:Yea… if you need more info about any of those snips to confirm the lucidness I can send it via PM, but otherwise… :shy:

Anyways, more lucidity today! Yay! And I managed to accidentally do a task this morning WHILE lucid albeit it was on the end of the lucidity. I know I lost lucidity sometime during the messing around with the disguising of my appearance, but I can’t actually recall the exact moment when. I’m gonna claim it, though… so… accidental task completion FTW? This isn’t your old “fabri-task”… this is a whole new set of memory antics for this LC! :tongue:

DISGUISE ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ DISGUISE

Stats so Far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 1
Short LDs: 3
Medium LDs: 1
Continuances: 1

Task 1: DISGUISE
Task 2:-E UNDERWATER
[/spoiler]

I had a non-lucid dream where I transformed into a Mew but didn’t do any tasks… but technically Mews can totally live underwater. See?

That means I transformed into something suitable for life underwater, right?

…Okay I’m just desperate for some points.

After taking a look at the tasks, I think my encounter with the goldfish may count as interacting with an aquatic life form.

Very mysterious. Now I’m wondering what Scipio really gets up to when lucid. :eh: …but no need, I trust ya. Nice disguise, I didn’t think anyone would go for my Arya Stark suggestion. It’s bumped you up into second place! The scores are so close…

@drd - yep a goldfish counts for the aquatic creature interaction task. And first dragon of the challenge, hurrah, nice tranformation!

@Mew - It was a really really huge Mew that counts for the grow task… no? A tiny mew that explored a drop of water… no? Erm. I’m not sold on the Mew having suitable adaptations for life underwater due to lack of fins, gills, etc. Awesome transformation, I’m gutted that I can’t give you points for it. :neutral:

@Susan_Y - yep, I’m gonna need more than wet feet for the underwater task. [size=67]And you might want to kill me when you read next week’s tasks since you inadvertently completed one in that dream.[/size]

I had three dreams worth points this morning. The first dream was a short LD with no tasks done. The second dream had me talk my way out of danger per one of this week’s tasks. The third dream saw me involved in a large battle per one of last week’s tasks.

I interacted with an octopus in a normal dream from this morning. Posting that points claim yesterday was actually just part of my MASTER INCUBATION PLAN, haha, yeah.

I incubated a ND where I completed the buried treasure task, although what I found wasn’t exactly the stereotypical “treasure”
Hopefully this counts…? I was very aware that I was digging for treasure to win the LC… although I wasn’t lucid

[spoiler]
It was night time, and I was all alone, outside. I was hunting for treasure. I was digging with only my hands, pulling out a lot of dirt from the ground, forming a hole… I knew who ever found the treasure first , would win the “1st place’s prize” … I couldn’t exactly remember what that was, but I really wanted to win so I kept looking (now that im awake, I think “1st place’s prize” might refer to getting points in the LC challenge). Eventually I realized the treasure I was looking for was here all along. The dirt itself. So I stopped digging and accepted my find as a great one!"

Wrote the Journal entry late at night, hopefully the grammar is easy to understand. [/spoiler]

@Thorn - grats on the lucid nap, I’ve never got the hang of those. The battle for second place is in full swing, who will end up on top at the end of the week?

@Mew - I knew it! I knew there was a master incubation plan! It seems to be working well, good job. :smile:

@Jer - I have to admit to the treasure task being purely materialistic when I designed it, but your deep spiritual zen-mastery discovery that dirt is treasure has put me to shame. Deep man, real deep. :om: I’m off to meditate and cast aside all material possessions. Maybe not my playstation or the motorbike though.

Thanks for this, made me laugh a lot :happy:
Had a few chances to become lucid the last two nights (I asked myself several times, “Am I dreaming?” or told myself to check my hands but always postponed it till I forgot). My dream recall has been improving a lot though, usually I can remember 2-4 dreams when I wake up rather clearly, although sometimes I mix them up.

@footballfreak - thanks, I try :happy:

All those “Am I Dreaming” moments are not only a good indicator that you’re close to a lucid, they are also worth points -

So let me know how many times and I’ll update your score. :smile:

Non-lucid dream, in which I re-enact some more of Frozen.

Elsa is a queen after her coronation (the Snow Queen, even), so I’ll claim that for the “See a King or Queen” subtask. I also got to do the “play in the snow” subtask (with added anthropomorphic snowman sidekick).

I also got to take a reasonably close look at a tree. but as I wasn’t lucid this doesn’t count for my personal goal.

cough cough Sorry… :razz:

A Long LD ~ Long Lucid Dream

Stats so Far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 1
Short LDs: 3
Medium LDs: 1
Long LDs: 1
Continuances: 1

Task 1: DISGUISE
Task 2:-E UNDERWATER
[/spoiler]

@obfusc8 , Haha, thanks man. Nothing wrong with a little video gaming :tongue:

Last night I tried WBTB. Now WBTB has been pretty unsuccessful for me in the past. I never had a lucid dream through WBTB… but last night I broke a new record. I had 7 dreams in one night. 7 is A LOT for me. Usually I have 3 or 4, sometimes 5. My record before was 6, and I only achieved that once before. Not only that, but 1 of those 7 dreams were lucid. That was the first time I’ve ever had a lucid dream using WBTB method. Not sure if this qualifies as a 50 points?
Aside from that, here is all else that is point worthy.

SPOILER - Click to view

*1st ,2nd ,3rd dream were ND 's

• in the 4th dream, illegal things that aren’t allowed on this forum were involved. It was out of the line for my friends, and it led me to question whether I was dreaming.
  • 5th Dream was a FA where I woke up in my bed. What makes this dream funny is that I turned my head to the left and there were 5 people I knew sitting on my dresser. These 5 people were different than the friends in the fourth dream. They kept talking and wouldn’t let me lay back down in my bed to go to sleep lol. They kept asking questions like what I was trying to do. I told them I was trying to WBTB to have an LD. They asked me what I wanted to do in the LD and I told them I was going to try to find water to complete some tasks. (so obviously I was very aware, I just didn’t know I was dreaming… I thought It was IRL ).
  • Woke up for real this time, then went back to bed and incubated my 6th dream, where I was lucid.
  • 6th Dream summary : I was lucid from the beginning of this dream. At first, I was going to go find some water to do the water based tasks… but then uhh… Well you see, I ran into this rather stunning lady… and I figured I was just dreaming so I got a little distracted… I’m sure you can use your imagination.
  • After waking up, Again, I was happy. I not only had a Lucid dream, but that I hit 6 Dreams in one night. To my surprise, it was still relatively early in the morning so I decided that I would try to have another dream and break the record.
  • 7th dream, Unfortunately wasn’t a lucid one… but hey, It involved the Illuminati and zombie cats, so that’s cool.

TLDR:

• 7 dreams in one night, New Record
  • First time using WBTB method to have an LD
  • Questioned whether I was dreaming in one ND
  • Had a FA
  • Had a medium length LD

@Jer - Wow good night. FA’s don’t get any points (otherwise I’d earn stack loads of points every night :tongue:) As for the distractions when lucid, I know all about those. You start wondering about tasks and your SC’s like look here distractions!! beautiful distractions!! Anyway, good work. :smile:

@Scipio - :tongue:

@Susan_Y - Well I knew there was danger of people incubating Disney’s Frozen to get some of those tasks done, so I brought it on myself. That said, cool talking snowman :razz:

@Letaali - Following our chat last night about your black-hole metal-bending dream, I’ve added those points to your score.

Scores

Non-lucid dream in which I drank a glass of an alcohol-free white wine substitute (tasted like Sorelle Sauvignon Blanc). No points scored, so I’ll snip the details of the evening out.