[NDC-X]Normal Dream Challenge 10 - Congratulations Letaali!

Just one ND here today. I have updated my original post here with a summary which I’ll be updating throughout the NDC.

I would like to join this challenge if that’s ok. :shy:
Throughout my college career I greatly neglected my dreaming. Now that I’ve graduated I really want to get back into it. (I also find it really cool that this kept going since I started it forever ago)

Time to dust off the dream journal.
12. Dreamjutsu…DJ…ND:Dream of Dragons

LD: Talk with DCs

I had one fragment today, the 5th. About fighting zombies. I’ve been playing l4d2 just before bed for a week or 2.

Nice to see you join Dreamjutsu :smile:

Edit: ( I chained back into a dream last night! I’ll update my DJ later) :spinning:

6/6/2015 - 2ND and 2 Fragments

I’ve decided just to do the count of dreams from the times the tasks are posted. Since the first few hours of sleep don’t normally contain any coherent dreams anyway, I’ll just WBTB to read the tasks and discount any completions before that.

Week 1 Summary

SPOILER - Click to view

4/6/2015 - 3ND

Since this was posted, I have recalled:

3 normal dreams
1 fragment
1 lucid dream
1 RC

I failed to find future technology, even in a LD. There was a book with pictures of book characters in them, but there was nothing more detailed than normal book illustrations, so I don’t claim that as a personal goal.

Had 2 ND’s here this morning where I completed my personal goal quite nicely in #1 by shapeshifting into an anthro Alligator :smile:

I had 4 NDs last night. (5-6 Today being the 6th)

I will type up my dream journal tomorrow (was busy house hunting today). I have them on paper though.

I may have completed the challenge. Up to y’all to decide.

In one of the dreams there was a bathroom mirror that doubled as a large computer screen allowing me to continue a conversation with someone while getting ready for my day. One way video to me, 2 way audio. It also displayed weather and traffic info and acted as a mirror as well of course. It was out of place in the house as the house was older.

This tech tehnically exists currently but has not been brought to general consumer markets. I did not specfically incubate a fancy mirror just focused on future tech wanted to see what my mid would come up with. This was also the last dream of the night that I recall.

All in all I can say this challeenge definatly helped my dream recall already and I am stoked to continue.

I think the defense system I ran into last night counts for the task. Automated turrets, cannons that shoot massive yellow balls of energy, plasma gates.

I interacted with it by being shot and turning off the plasma gate. I also understood that the tech was used to automatically kill intruders.

Edit: took a nap, one more fragment and another dream where I killed two purple undead dragons using magic

Week 1 so far:

[spoiler]4.6 1 ND + 2 fragments
5.6 3 NDs
6.6 3 NDs + 1 chain
7.6 3 NDs + 1 task + 2 fragment
[/spoiler]

1ND, 1LD, 2 Fragments then a LD chained with DEILD twice. No idea how that gets counted in the normal dream challenge… would it be three dreams with points for chaining, or just one?

No future tech, just a very modern BMW i8… :content:

Week 1 Summary

SPOILER - Click to view

4/6/2015 - 3ND
7/6/2015 - 1ND, 2 Fragments, 1LD, a LD with 2 DEILD chains

3 ND and 1 Fragment tonight. Updating DJ now.

No goals accomplished (forgot to incubate, wasn’t feeling well)

Week1

[spoiler]6-5 1 Fragment
6-6 4 ND
6-7 3 ND 1 Fragment[/spoiler]

Sunday June 7

Two NDs. One contains a gadget but it isn’t really futuristic.

Hey,

Sorry I’ve Been offline recently. I didn’t dream last night but I have a dream from June 5th to June 6th , I didn’t post about. Click link for one ND.

As a side note, I was wondering how point are being kept. Is there a Scoresheet somewhere? Thanks in advance(:

I’m tallying up the points and posting them at the end of each task. If I’m on top of my game I’ll post updates over the weekends (which I intend to do tomorrow).

1ND 1LD

I found a futuristic base during the non-lucid part. It had drones but they are current tech. Someone handed me a flexible screen/ electronic newspaper, again, tech that already exists even if it’s not massively available yet. Not doing very well on this task. :neutral:

Week 1 Summary

SPOILER - Click to view

4/6/2015 - 3ND
7/6/2015 - 1ND, 2 Fragments, 1LD, a LD with 2 DEILD chains
8/6/2015 - 1ND, 1LD

I got nothing tonight 7-8. Adjusted alarm so I’d have time in the mornings to write. Killed recall.

I’ll update if any of it comes back to me.

One ND

What type of alarm do you have Dreamjutsu? I find a radio/music one kills my recall but using one with a beep (as opposed to a piercing one) works best for me.

Like some nature sounds and a little beep tone. It isn’t jarring I was just awoke at the wrong part of my sleep cycle cause I bumped my alarm 15 min earlier.
I hope to get a memory foam mattress soon (so I can go back to movement sensor alarm without it being triggered by my wife) or a smart watch of some kind that can do the tracking and alarm.

Four NDs here this morning + One fragment. No tasks completed.

One ND here.

Sorry for the delay, but you’ve been added and you have a score! :smile:

I’ve marked you for review, will get back to you on whether or not that counts.

Sounds to me like 3 LD’s + 2 Chains. (LD → chain into LD → chain into LD.)

James_UK2008, as you’ve completed your Personal Goal (twice), you may pick a new one if you wish.

Now for the important part.

[center] _________________[/center]
“Mid”-Task Tentative Scores:
[size=75][color=#e4ecee]…[/color]Name[color=#e4ecee]…[/color]Score[/size]

1. Letaali[color=#e4ecee]…[/color] 160
  2. Obfusc8[color=#e4ecee]…[/color] 160
  3. James_UK2008[color=#e4ecee]…[/color] 135
  4. moogle[color=#e4ecee]…[/color] 95
  5. Dreamjutsu[color=#e4ecee]…[/color] 80
  6. Jer[color=#e4ecee]…[/color] 70
  7. Siiw[color=#e4ecee]…[/color] 50
  8. En’enra[color=#e4ecee]…[/color] 10
  9. Tggtt[color=#e4ecee]…[/color] 0
  10. eMander[color=#e4ecee]…[/color] 0
  11. Quicksilver21[color=#e4ecee]…[/color] 0
  12. CaptainBee[color=#e4ecee]…[/color] 0

Remember, these scores are tentative and subject to change. I have not read everyone’s DJs up to date, and have marked a few things that I need to go back and review. Now go finish out this task strong! :ok: