Past Life Expiriences (Archetypal Memory)

I was in my AP Psych class the other day and my teachered mentioned how we all have collective memory. And she pointed out that communities on Islands (that are isolated from the world) share similar demons as with every other religion in average societies. Like there not the exact same demon… but most people recognize the devil has red dude with horns and such. Its funny how we all know its the devil.

That would not explain that I am not Chinese, but have chinese memories. Especially of making hit pills.

I don’t know if this experience was a past life, an inherited memory or a spirit guide experience, but I will share it here anyway!

I went on holiday to Crete in 1985 - nothing unusual in that you might think, except that when I got there, I spent the whole two weeks in a state of altered consciousness! I had very vivid and weird dreams, and had some very spiritual feelings and experiences there.

We went on a day trip to the Palace of Knossos (where the Minataur is supposed to have lived in the Labrynth) and as soon as I got there I felt uneasy. When we entered the Throne Room, I felt scared - don’t know why I just did. The Throne Room opened out into the amphitheatre - and this is where I felt most terrified. I could hear the roar of the crowd and the snorting of bulls…I bought a Guide Book, and apparently, young boys and girls (12/13 yrs old) were trained in Minoan Crete to be Bull Dancers - they would charge at the bulls, grab the horns, and somersault over their backs - a very dangerous and scary thing, I should imagine.

The other strange this that happened, was that I had a dream on one night, where I was standing on a cliff - I had children around me, who were all scared and clinging to my toga-type garment - but I was a man. I looked out to sea, and suddnely, a huge tidal wave reared up before us. I woke up at this point sweating.

The next day, I was walking down a very ordinary street, filled with Tavernas and shops - when I spotted an alleyway. I just had to go down it. My husband thought I was mad, but he followed me - the alleyway opened out into a beach - the beach of my dream. The only difference was, there was a concrete bunker in the centre of the beach which had been built during WW2 - it wasn’t in my dream.

I found out years later than around 1300 bc there was a tidal wave on Crete, caused by the eruption of a volcano. I also began to sit in a development circle some 5 years after this, and the medium there told me I had a spirit guide - a Greek Priest who lived on Crete when he was alive. I hadn’t told her of my Cretan experiences.

I am unsure whether this was a past life experience, my Guide connecting with me and showing me his death, or simply my psychic side picking up the vibrations of the place - but it was weird experience, definitely!

Sue x

I believe that DNA carries memories but I do not know how. I also believe we can access the past life memories by viewing the Akashic Records. This can be done through hypnosis, shamanic journeys, LDs or other methods.
It is important to remember that if you pay someone such as a hypnotist to help you do this that you have the ability to do it yourself if you give it enough time to learn.

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with paying someone to help you. If you become dependent on this help then there can be some ethical questions involved there.
It would also be a nice thing if the hypnotist did not lead with this as a way to reel in clients. If he or she stuck with the clinical benefits like quiting smoking and kind of had the viewing of the Akashic Records or past life memory as an add on with no charge. That is just my opinion. If there are different ways of doing it so be it.

One thing that you can bring with you to the next life as a memory is Loving Kindness.

Let me help you guys out.

The basis for my argumentation is this: The brain determines the content of the mind. I hope you can all agree upon this. This means that information cannot be stored in the mind but is stored in the brain, received by the mind and interpreted by the individual as a memory or similar. As the ultimate axiomatic base for this statement I take for granted that the physical laws apply in this universe. This includes the brain.
If you do not agree, I can’t really help you, sorry.

My points.

1. DNA does not transmit memory. The DNA string in your cells is the SAME in ALL of your cells. Your life does not in no way change this string. It is the same throughout your entire life UNLESS it mutates, e.g. by radioactive influence. It mutates again when a child is created. It is physically impossible to transmit memories unless be evolutionary coincidence.
    Conclusion: The brain cannot store information of something that hasn’t been put into it. DNA does not transmit memory. But the DNA is responsible for the whole of your physiology, including your brain. It therefore determines your brain and therefore your mind.

2. In hypnosis the human brain is very creative. If the specific suggestions are given, the brain MAKES UP stuff and creates memories because it is that much influenced and willing to give in to the suggestions.
    It is physically impossible for a child to store the information of it’s birth for more than a couple of days. The brain isn’t evolved enough at the point of it’s birth. Still everyone is able to give an depiction of his birth when in hypnosis.

3. There is no case of someone who told of something that he could not have known, claiming that he got this information from past life memories. Please consider that the media makes up a lot of stuff to idiotize the society. This is especially true if you live in America. My regrets.

4. If you believe that the mind has influence on the brain then you believe in something that has never been proven and will never be proven because it is not possible to happen. By claiming that the mind (as a psychical instance) can manipulate the brain (as a physical instance) you are also claiming that the physical universe is not causally closed. You are thereby claiming that the laws of physics do not apply in this universe and neglecting the whole of science. If this is the case… My regrets.

I’d have more points but I suppose that I will be getting replies of people trying to find invalid points in my argumentation. I will deliver them if neccessary.

Mind equals thoughts. I remember my thoughts. Thus my mind influences my brain (memory storage wise).

Also, can you scientifically explain consciousness? That would be nice.

And about your point 3), you mean, there is no case that you know of that would prove anything to you.

Im not saying just to believe anything just because you hear about it, on the contrary. Besides, there is a real huge pile of crap “science” going on in people trying to explain “spiritual issues”, which makes it logical to be sceptic, however not to be closed minded. Experiences of people are always genuine, whatever the explanation.

“Mind equals thoughts. I remember my thoughts. Thus my mind influences my brain (memory storage wise).”
When I said mind, I meant consciousness. Consciousness does not equal thoughts, it includes them, as well as feelings, sensations, perception etc.
Also there is no logical connection between your second and third sentence. Maybe we are not meaning the same things.
I agree that in the way I am conscious I feel that I’m actively doing, thinking, remembering etc. But while this happens I am aware that this thinking and remembering is simultaneously going on in my brain and that my brain actually determines what this is.
Still specific parts of my brain can influence other parts of it. In a way this is the mind altering the brain, but only if you consider the mind as a product of the brain.
I considered the mind as the psychical phenomenom itself, consciosness, and was stating that consciousness cannot affect brain activity.

“Also, can you scientifically explain consciousness? That would be nice.”
No, I cannot, why should I? It has no relevance.
The idea people here seem to have is that consciousness itself has some kind of memory storage system but for all we know, memoric information is stored in the brain and nowhere else.

And about your crap science, that might be true. However, I have yet to hear of something that can not be scientifically explained. I’m serious, maybe I haven’t been attentive enough, but up to now, every spritual issue I heard of was either a bunch of freaks ticking off, or a phenomenon that can be explained, no matter how strange it may seem.

I had an experience which no-one has been able to explain to me as yet.

I saw the face of someone in meditation, who I met two days later, and who went on to become a very important person in my life. In my “vision” I even saw the clothes he was wearing on the day I met him.

Can you explain that to me? I am not trying to be argumentative, I really would like to know if there is a plausible, non-para explanation?

Please don’t use the cop out “coincidence” - that coincidence would be millions to one. As improbable as a para explanation.

Well I can’t explain that. Also I wasn’t trying to say that everything can be explained, I just don’t come across many things that can’t. For your case, of yourse, there is no explanation.
I also know some people who dreamt of specific happenings years before they happened and who claim that they happened exactly that way (kinda what happened to you).
The subconscious has always been said to have hidden precognitive functions and I’d believe that it does. How much of it is intelligence (considering the immense power of the human brain) and how much not explainable as of yet, I cannot say.

As you said, the only possible ‘logical’ explanations would be a) Pure coincidence or b) False memory after you met the person.
An unproven explanation could be that on some other level (considering all the mathematical stuff in the universe that nobody has a clue of yet) there are certain functions that make things like your experience possible.
The point is, we sense the three dimensions, time and our own consciousness and that’s about it. Nobody can disprove that there aren’t a lot of other ways for information to be transmitted on different ways - maybe through time, back and forth or through other means. But none of them can (and I guess will) be ever proven. And it just happens to seldom and to randomly to be a good basis for any sort of scientific evaluation.

This is going to sound nuts, but:

Through meditation and strong instinct, I am able to clearly discern 3 of my past lives. In one of them, I was a brutal plantation owner in early American history and owned many slaves and worked them very hard. In another one, I was a math teacher. In another, a computer geek who struck it rich when I patented a piece of code.

I do believe in reincarnation. My current behavior, likes, dislikes, and tendencies in this life can easily be seen as a composite of my past lives.

I don’t expect anyone to believe me but I might as well write this.

I right there with you Lebowski :wink:

I don’t think your past lives are passed down through DNA. If they were, you might experiance your mother of father as a past life. I, personally only would belive past lives as a spritual thing.

Funny thing this topic. I was having a conversation with a friend who talked about memories and past life experiences being passed down through DNA.

I still say no. He says yes. X or anyone: Do you guys know of any links that states this may be a possibilty. I know X made reference to something in the first post. I’d be interested.

While reading about some of the things you can to while you’re lucid one of the things that caught my interest was the possibility of seeing past lives. Has anyone in here tried this? If so, I guess this is the place to share what you think about seeing past lives, or stories in case you’ve tried it.

In my case, I haven’t been lucid enough times to try that out, unfortunatley. Even so, I think that would be interesting to see what that experience would be like. :hmmm:

I heard that if there is someone speaking in a foreign language in your dream, and you can’t understand it, then it might be a language that you spoke in past life.
Personally, I don’t believe in it, but that’s a going theory.

We talked about past lives alot in this thread

past lives tend to come up for me as memory fragments that i am very subtley aware of and the dreamstate GENERALLY doesn’t divulge much info about them.

what people need to realize is the dream state is a reflection of our daily conscious state, if you are not living a mystical life you probably won’t have mystical dreams.

if you find yourself lucid and you want to explore things like that you would generally just simply meditate and think upon the subject, rather than say “when i count to 3 i will remember my past lives” or trying to force DCs to tell you about them.

it’s like maybe each dream you have is on a different floor of a hotel, and generally you can’t leave that floor once you already find yourself lucid there, because the floor is created by complex layers of thoughts and impressions from the waking world, which you have now descended into…

the only way to use dreams to such means is to deconstruct the current one and load a new one with the intent to have a past life or find your own symbolic way to leave the current dream behind.

I dunno. It’s complicated this is just how it seems to work to me. You could create a door to go through instead of letting the dream fall apart, things like that I suppose.

But yeah I have had fragments of “past lives” come up here and there in my dreams, but often times too they are just little memories that I suddenly become aware of in waking life.

Plus dreams are generally in the INDIVIDUAL subconscious/unconscious, not the collective. Delta sleep would be where you’d want to go to uncover past life material, and you’d get there from WILDing right as you go to bed generally, once you’re in the early morning REMs you’re in a very shallow layer of consciousness where not a lot of hidden information is stored.

Generally. I know you can access it but its kind of a complex issue.

thanks ilum :smile: merge

I was watching this one show on the biography channel where this one person found who he was in his previous life. Acually he was a general in his previous life and was shot in the face. that would deffinetly explain the mans birthmarks on his face during birth. according to reseach the generals shot marks were in the very same location as the mans scars. the man research and visited the area of his past death. The man in the documentary started feeling sick and started crying. The next morning the memory of his past life came in into bits and peices. and everyday he started gaining more memory about his past life.

– I FOUND that documentary amazing!!

-Im pretty sure i was a pilot in my past life. I can say that becuase ever since i was a child i wanted to be a pilot and everytime im in an airport i get a sence of euphoria and inner peace and other feelings that are hard to explain. I just feel like I want to stay in that airport and live there. its like i know it all too well.

Well i have pretty good proof that oposes reincarnation. And especialy that type of idvidual reincarnation…
Anny one who has seen Waking life will know about this :razz:

Well think about this… in the last 40 years the population has doubled. And a thousand years ago… im not even shure if there was a milion people. So where would all the rest of the souls come from…