[software] Infinity - PDF Available

OK, I don’t have the time to read through the topic, although I’ll definitely do it tomorrow, but I want to point something.

As far as I (and Wikipedia) know, if the sofwtware is 100% free of charge, then it should be classified as freeware, and not shareware. Shareware softwares have an evaluation/trial period, after which the user has to buy the license. Just pointing it out cause it was sorta confusing for me, and I think it could help clear it up for other users as well.

Forgive me for that mistake :content:

Not that it really matters though ( i thought the two words meant the same thing ).

Thanks for the heads up :cool: .

Yeah, not really a mistake or anything, it’s just that people might look at it being a shareware and assume the program is only free during a trial period or something. Just trying to help. :content:

Question: Will this program work on Mac?

That’s a good question…lol. I personally don’t know much about Macs, but if you can download macromedia / adobe flash player, then you should be able to use it, but I don’t know for certain. I guess we’ll find out…heh.

Thank you and yes you can download adobe flash player for Mac. That brightened up my day, I was worried I wouldn’t be able to use your program when it finally came out!:slight_smile:

ahh dude i was looking forward to friday (getting a new bed) was hoping to try your new program out. Guess i’ll have to tell them to hold the bed for another month :wink:

Just read through the thread, sounds like an amazing piece of software. I’m excited about testing it (hopefully) tomorrow. :happy:

Not sure how this delayed release prevented you from getting a new bed…but sorry nonetheless…lol. :sad:

The release is still scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, February 6 2007. Now, it probably won’t be till that night (night for me at least…and I’m GMT-6) that I’ll post it up. I’m just now sending the final version to my testers for a final look over…so I have to give them some time to recieve it and check it out.

I’m glad to hear so much interest!

Till next time…

Will it be before 12 in gmt -5?

Looking forward to it by the way :smile:

Hey, no matter when you get it out, thanks for doing this, we all really appreciate it!

Yes Barrel roll.

Thank YOU guys, TheRealJollyRoger, for actually using all my stuff, for without you guys, it’d be just another pointless piece of software! I do these for you all as my part of the forum. I may not be a master of LDs, but I’d like to think I can at least help others.

Anyways, if anybody knows anything about macromedia flash studio, PLEASE contact me via email / PM, for I need help in a minor issue regarding importing .swf into another flash project. This is very crucial for a release to be tomorrow!

Thanks!

EDIT: Whoever chooses to PM / email me, I will probably not respond until tomorrow afternoon because of classes, so don’t think I’m ignoring you if you send it in before then… :smile:

If you specified what the problem is here in the thread i think your chances for help would improve greatly :smile:

Also, Google is your friend…
SWF Import

That search gives you a bunch of solutions for various import problems in flash…

Oh, and by the way, looking forward to the release whenever it is! :smile:

so will this be coming out today?
its cool if its not

BenDrummin, I just want to thank you and congratulate you for all your hard work. I just love it when people want to help others. :content:
Also, I want to compliment you on your writing (the excerpt form infinity in your first post) - you have style. :wink:
I remembered that I have LucidWarp somewhere on my computer and started doing the course yesterday evening. I still haven’t had my first lucid dream yet, but I’m going to give it another try after almost 6 months from stopping. I just know this will work. If Infinity is better - there’s no way I can fail. :content:
Once more - thank you, congratulations and good luck with your future work! :happy:

Thanks m777, that means a lot to me :content: .

OAR Raider, it depends if I can get this last minute glitch cleared up.

colpo, I’ve tried google I don’t know how many times, but I appreciate the link. As for the exact problem, here it is:

I looked around but all I could find was the flash support forums
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/index.cfm?forumid=15
Surely someone there can help you
Hope that helps and good luck with infinity

for ease of reading I sort of split up and numbered my ideas

1. Hey as for as your problem goes, why don’t you try working around it by creating the music player within the main flash document instead of using an independent flash music player.

The other reason could be you don’t have the button’s set up right, however the few times I have used buttons for flash movies, I couldn’t get them to work properly with animation. Instead I used a static button that when clicked, successfully performed the operation.

1. Another alternative would be to just have the infinity software in two versions, with music always playing, and with no music at all.

2. You could leave the music automatically going from the start and just loop it or w/e you wanted it to do by your whims, using actionscript and such. If you do it this way you could include a “no music” button in a main menu for people who don’t want music.

3. If the music is a vital part of the software, don’t leave an option for it to be turned off, and if someone wants it turned off they could always turn their sound down.

Hopefully one of those ideas helps. But I think, the best bet is to trash the standalone flash music player and recreate it in the original flash movie file.

1. That or you might see better results if you make the buttons on the music player very simple as I described at the beginning, i.e. no animation.

edit: Well, I know you said you tried searching google extensively, however I did manage to find a tutorial on how to build a reusable flash music player, with probable applications to be imported into another flash document.

You can see for yourself: https://www.actionscript.org/resources/articles/167/1/Flash-MX-Audio-Player/Page1.html

as you can see in the hyperlink its for flash mx, which brings me to the issue of what version of flash you are using?

edit2: On that same link, if you scroll down it says something about “Being simple and quick to add to a file”

On page 6 it talks about adding it to other files.
Who knows if this will solve your problem, but in anticipation for this software, I hope it does.

Good luck getting the bug worked out! Looknig forward to the release a lot.

Thank you very much Fwump38! Sorry for the delay in response…but I just got home (it’s now around 10:30 pm). I have much to do for classes, and I’m sorry to say that those come before Infinity, lol. So, due to the given time constraint and this rediculous software glitch, I’m pushing the release to Thursday, February 8 2007. Why Thursday? Well to tell you, not that it matters, but I have pretty much everything happening on Wednesday that’s related to school. I have extra curricular activities and then a SAT class, which puts me home around 9:00 pm. After that, I have to do all my homework, go to sleep, and be up by 6:00 am the next morning.

So, I apologize for the (3rd) delay. Believe me, I too want this thing to be released ASAP…lol. I’m going to try that tutorial that Fwump38 has given, and if it doesn’t help, I’ll just have to do some more looking. Worst case scenario, I’ll have to just not have music turn off.

With all that in mind, even though the final final release is thursday, I’m going to go ahead and post up a pre-final build that is still somewhat not finished, but at least it gets the program on your screen! You can download this one now, and then download the final one on thursday, or you can just wait till thursday. Whatever you want to do :smile:

I’ll post the link up within the next 30 minutes.