Some Questions from an Excited Newbie

Yeah, I just joined this forum and studied the site because I recently got into it by reading this book titled Mind Games.

I decided I’d ask a few questions.

1. Can you get expirienced enough to where you can LD every night?

2. Could you achieve this^^ in a week?

3. Is it cold up in the Air when you are flying?

4. Can I feel pain as if it’s real while LDing?

5. Does time exist in LDing? As in, Do I have a limited amount of sleep time or does time go on forever until you wake up?

6. What should I do when I first sustain a LD? Sould I start little or should I start with a bang?

7. Is it possible that you can go from lucid dreaming and then lose grip of it but still dream?

8. If I commit crimes while LDing, will God look down on me for commiting those things?

9. The first thing I plan to do when I first LD, is light my entire body on fire and start flying(Think of Fantastic Four Style). Is that aiming to high for my first go? I have always wanted to do that.

10. Where did 10 go?

11. Is Out of the Body experiences possible?

12. What about meating a friend while you are both dreaming and inducing a LD in him, then go cruise the plain reaking havoc together?

Thanks fo your time. :happy:[/b]

->Yes, you can.

–>I don’t think so, normally you need more (like 3 months).

–>When I flew, it wasn’t cold, but I think it could be sometimes.

–>Yes indeed, like it is in NDs, too! But its a kind of diffrent from the pain you feel in RL.

5. Does time exist in LDing? As in, Do I have a limited amount of sleep time or does time go on forever until you wake up?
    –>What do you mean? Normally you have only a limited time, the more you practice, the more will you be able to have long LDs.

6. What should I do when I first sustain a LD? Sould I start little or should I start with a bang?
    –>

7. Is it possible that you can go from lucid dreaming and then lose grip of it but still dream?
    –>You mean that it turns into a normal dream? Yeah, that’s possible, too!

8. If I commit crimes while LDing, will God look down on me for commiting those things?
    –>I don’t know? :content: Try it out! :wink:

9. The first thing I plan to do when I first LD, is light my entire body on fire and start flying(Think of Fantastic Four Style). Is that aiming to high for my first go? I have always wanted to do that.
    –>You could try it! Flying is the thing most dreamers do when they have a LD for the first time (me too :grin: It worked!)

10. Where did 10 go?
    –>It must have been lost! :eh:

11. Is Out of the Body experiences possible?
    –>Yes, my opinion is that it’s a kind of LD, not more, but others think diffrently!

12. What about meating a friend while you are both dreaming and inducing a LD in him, then go cruise the plain reaking havoc together?
    –>There are also phenomens like shared dreams… Don’t know, I am also quite new!

ps: Sorry for my bad English, I’m German! :smile:

:welcome:

I don’t think so, maybe if you abandon your real life and start meditating 24/7.

No.

If you want/expect it to be.

The perception of time is different in dreams and dreams can seem longer than they actually are but mostly LDs are about the same time as real life.

Stay calm, try techniques to prolong the LD (hand rubbing, spinning, …) and start with something easy like flying.

Yes, that can happen when you get distracted.

If this “god” you are talking about existed I’m sure he wouldn’t mind.

For most people the first LDs only last a few seconds but if you’re lucky and don’t wake up you can try.

Yes, but they are just normal dreams.

Yes, but he will only be a normal dream character made up by your own mind. For more information on shared dreaming read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coincidence

Yep

Probably not. But some people manage to get LDs after few days of trying.

Yes, you can feel stuff in LDs, but I’m not talking from experience. I’m not 100% sure it’s just like waking life, though.

This one isn’t that simple. Time isn’t the same in your dreams, but, of course, you are limited by your amount of sleep. The time you will have depends on a lot of things, though. Such as: lucidity - if you are less lucid, you are more prone to fall into a FA or back into a ND and lose your LD; skill - it pretty much depends on your skills. People say about skilled LDers that can LD for days, weeks, in a single night.; willpower - willpower is important for everything when LDing. You can’t teleport, change stuff, etc if you don’t believe you can.

I believe the first thing you’ll want to do is try and mantain lucidity. After you are ok, people say that flying is one of the easiest things you can do. Talking from experience, I lost both my LDs because I got excited and woke up.

Yes, as I mentioned before, you may fall into a ND. Check out people’s DJs for examples (Wolf’s, Q’s, etc)

Now now, this is a bit of religion talk. I wouldn’t bother, since it’s not real, thus you are not really being bad to a existing person. If you consider thoughts as having power, or even just the power of intention being considered a sin (or whatever you want to call it), then I’d watch out for what I’d LD if I were you :smile:

But really, don’t bother with it. God wouldn’t be angry because you run around slashing bad guys with a ninja sword. He’s our forgiving Father after all! He can forgive you for something that wasn’t even real to start with. If you believe in Karma, I think that while it wouldn’t be 100% ok to have a lot of “dirty” thoughts, it wouldn’t be much of a hit. Maybe none.

Dunno about the fire, but flying is pretty easy on the first time, people say. Try it! Who knows? You might fly around in flames succesfully :smile: Just believe it.

Beats me.

Now we’re a bit on the religion topic again. I believe that yes, they are. But if you ask most catholic/christians, they won’t believe it. I think it’s pretty much depending if you belive in spirits. I believe they are, but I don’t think you should just hear what people say here, research a little and get your conclusions :happy:

Again, this is a topic people discuss a lot about. Some say shared dreams don’t exist, but you can have an LD with a DC that looks like your friend. Others say it’s possible. I believe in the latter, though I haven’t experienced it, but have heard cases of it with people I know.

You’re welcome

I believe so…

I think its possible, but hard…

I dunno. I never have flown in an LD…

I certainly did once…

Dunno…

It all depends on what you want to do, i think.

Yep, its happened to a few people.

I have no experience of that, so i dont think so… then again, im a athiest…

Your limits are set by your mind, free your mind and free your limits, after that, you can do ever5ything you ever wanted… a first time would be a bit hard to do that in though…

It was goneth!

Yep, but i never had one.

It might happen if you LD it to, and in a rare case of an SD it might, but im not too sure…

You’re very welcome.

That’s exactly the answer I was wondering.

Ok. More questions. I found 10. :tongue:

1. If I don’t want to feel pain while LDing, can I find the pill in my pocket that makes me invincible, and actually have it work? Like making stuff up? For example, if I wanted to be made of rubber in my dream, and I convinced mydreamself that a special belt will do that, and then I put that belt on, would I be made of rubber?

2. What do these mean?
    ND(I think means Normal Dream)
    DC(I think means Dream Character)

3. Can I learn things from my dreams. Example, can I go to a college in my dream and take an advanced math class and actually learn something I have never done before?

I woke up, and wrote down my dream this morning. I usually can only remember the topic of my dreams, but today I remembered specific things I said about the topic, and certain things I saw about it. I tend to get flashbacks in my dreams that look so real, yet never happened.

I think I’m pressing on towards LDing.

Thanks again!

If you want to, in an LD, anything is possible…

You are correct, but if you ever see one you dont know that has those lines underneath it, place your mouse over it and it will tell you, just dont move the mouse until you are done…

probably not, but it might happen… i mostly find people talk complete gibberish in dreams, and i doubt you would find yourself doing the theory that X equals the square root of Steve therefore you can fit 17 slices of pizza in a trumpet…

You’re welcome again!

Seeing as the information has never passed through your cranium, your brain can’t regurgitate to you something you’ve never been exposed to. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t learn things about yourself in a dream.

1. Yes, if you’re lucky and dedicated.

2. Probably not, but it’s possible I guess.

3. If you think it will be cold, then it probably will be. What happens in dreams is the reaction you expect.

4. Yeah, it’s a common misconception that you can’t feel pain in dreams. Once I got shot in a dream and that fucking sucked.

5. Dream time doesn’t equal real time. An LD can feel like a year, but last only a night. You only dream for a short period of your sleeping time.

6. Your decision.

7. Yes. It’s one of the most annoying things possible.

8. I’m not religious, can’t help you on that one.

9. Try it. That’s the only way to find out if it works.

10. Personal opinion. I don’t think so.

11. Again, person opinion. Some people believe in shared dreams, I don’t. You could meet up with a dream version of your friend though.

As I said, it’s all a matter of willpower. If you believe you won’t feel pain, if you KNOW it, since it’s a dream, you can do it. The same for fire powers/rubber body/invincibility/whatever. However, while you don’t have the willpower/skill, you can make use of “shortcuts”, like the famous lucid pill, or as you said a special belt. That works too.

You are right. Plus, with acronyms like that the LD4All forums have a fancy explanation if you put your mouse pointer over them.

I’m not completely sure about this, but I believe that you can perfect techniques and get better on doing some stuff. Since you’re in your mind, they say it’s a good way to get ideas, since you are thinking “right from the source” :smile: It’s good for your creativity, apparently. (check this post for example on learning stuff: Here)
If you consider a spirtism approach, you could learn stuff from other spirits or remember stuff from past lives :happy:

EDIT: Also, as Asmoudeus said, you can learn a lot about yourself. People use SGs to learn about themselves, get questions answered, etc.

(a quick note on the SG thing, if they are really spirits or not, there’s a discussion I think that would be interesting for you to check if you had questions: Here)

Good thing that you remember at least a bit. I suggest that you write it down, and keep a journal IRL or in the forums, like me. Another good thing to do is keep a notepad or something next to your bed, so you can write down your dreams as soon as you woke up so you won’t forget anything.

Those flashbacks that seem real are called False Memories. You get a lot of those in dreams, you’ll get used to it :smile:

Good luck on dreaming and LDing.

All the questions have been pretty well covered, but I thought I’d throw in my answer for number 8. Christians believe that God is concerned not only with our actions but with our thoughts. If you’re sadistically killing DCs who represent real people in your dreams, I think He’d be concerned. If you try it a few times on some random DCs just out of curiousity, I don’t think he’d mind. If you’re having sex in a dream with a woman you’re not married to, I doubt He sees any difference between that and very vivid lust, which is explicitly identified as a sin in the Bible.

A lot of people say that since dreams have no consequences, anything goes. But if the God of the Christian faith really exists–and I’m heavily inclined to think He does–I don’t think He feels the same way. :smile:

:happy: I am also heavily inclined towards that too.

More questions:

1. Do you need a good 9 hours of sleep?

17.Is MILDing a good technique?

1. Will masturbating before trying effect it at all :meh: [/akward]

2. Will staying up late effect it?

3. What about sleeping pills?

Thanks again v2

1. yes…it is advisable you sleep not to late but not to early.

2. each person is good at diffrent techniques. you can try milding see how it goes. If it doesn’t go too well…you can always try

WILD (Wake induced Lucid Dream)

Autosuggestion & DILD (I think today i will get a lucid dream and sleep)

VILD (Visually incubated Dream)

WBTB (Wake Back to Bed Method)

1. No idea

2. yes look at question 16 :tongue:

3. NO…they are very bad and should only be used if told to do so by a doctor/physician etc.

hope i was of use to u

Yes, but normal dreams are cool too :cool:

Yes, but you’re not likely to. :tongue:

Sometimes it can be, although I usually experience the wind without the cold.

Yes.

This is an ongoing discussion in this Forum, but the short answer is: there’s no way to know, because it might be different to every person.

Whatever best fits your personality.

Not only possible: very common.

Depends on your moral values. You can say ‘it’s just dreams’ or you can feel responsible about what you do in dreams.

To make you think: suppose you’re dating a girl. To what extent making sex in a lucid dream is different from reading those naked lady magazines? She would feel somewhat cheated if she found out about either, wouldn’t she? There you go. :smile:

No, not at all, have a try! Just remember: if it doesn’t work, you can always try something else instead.

12. Is Out of the Body experiences possible?
Yes.

13. What about meating a friend while you are both dreaming and inducing a LD in him, then go cruise the plain reaking havoc together?
Lol, meeting and summoning dream characters is possible, now if your thing is shared dreaming, you should read about it in the Beyond Dreaming board. :cool:

10. If I don’t want to feel pain while LDing, can I find the pill in my pocket that makes me invincible, and actually have it work? Like making stuff up? For example, if I wanted to be made of rubber in my dream, and I convinced mydreamself that a special belt will do that, and then I put that belt on, would I be made of rubber?
Sure, believe and it will most likely work. I said “most likely” :tongue:

14. What do these mean?
ND: Normal Dream
DC: Dream Character

If you mouseover these accronyms, there will be a nice note telling you what they mean. :wink:

15. Can I learn things from my dreams. Example, can I go to a college in my dream and take an advanced math class and actually learn something I have never done before?
Eh, I suppose it could happen… That’s how that scientist found out the structure of benzene… But don’t count on that. :razz:

It’s possible.

It’s possible.

It could be whatever temperature you think it will be.

You sure can!

I don’t understand your question. Time exists in lucid dreams, but it’s extremely inaccurate. Events are jumbled and time can skip ahead and back at any time.

Explore your dreamscape, and affect your environment little by little.

hah. That happens quite a lot.

That’s something that only you can answer.

Sounds fun

Yes.

I don’t really think shared dreaming is possible.

Well, you do need some time of sleep, but it all depends. Are you used to taking naps? How strict is your sleeping time? It pretty much changes with your lifestyle and LD inducing technique.

But the rule of thumb is: Get a decent time of sleep. This week, for some reasons I’m sleeping two hours later than I usually go every day. This has seriously affected my recall.

Yes, any (healthy) tech is a good tech. MILD and WILD are the most famous and the ones that work the most. But as I said, it all depends on your lifestyle and your own body. WILD doesn’t work for some people, MILD doesn’t for others, and so on.

Not that I know of. I’ve heard that it can be helpful towards relaxation when you want to WILD, but I haven’t heard anything else about it.

Not completely sure. Also, depends on when you’ll wake up. I think that if you get enough sleep, it’s all fine.

Don’t use them. Sleeping should always be HEALTHY sleeping. Also, I’ve heard that those pills ruin completely the user’s recall.

Thanks for all your help. I had my first lucid dream last night. Look in the General LD discussion forum and see what happened. I didn’t really get to do anything but I realized I was dream.

I got there by doing a RC making it a DILD. That works best for me.