The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 40

Good Luck with lucid dreaming Tom !

And well, normal dreams arent waste of time for me, they are always kinda, hmm, strange to me :wink:

Maybe try some prolonging techs when getting lucid ?

:welcome: hello Vrathal and lucidexplorer :smile:
I love your vivi avatar Vrathal :smile:

That is quite common at first but once you get used to getting lucid you shouldn’t wake up as fast. Stabilising techs help too (using commands, rubbing hands together etc)

I hope you both have lots of lucid experiences this year :boogie:

ey, i’m Henry, 15, from the USA.
Don’t exactly remember how Lucid dreaming came into my head, but i did a little research and it sounded amazing.
Whilst researching i stumbled upon this place, so figured what the hell, might as well join up!
I might have had one lucid dream before, but i’m not exactly sure.

Probability has an interesting way of working out for me, ergo I registered.

I have to admit that my eccentricity has managed to get the better of my ‘lurking’ time so without any expectations I give you my persona in impartial synopsis:

“An adolescent dutch boy with interests in physics, religion, history, art and all that defies or bends logic.
Usually slightly cynical and excessively sceptical once words like ‘spitual’ or ‘timewave’ get uttered.
Musicly I prefer heavy or power metal altough occasionaly I listen to the following or a mix thereof: black-, death-, grind-, gothic-, melodic-, symphonal-, -metal, classical, (hard-)rock, industrial and religious or native.
Artisticly my interests lie in the classical masters, be it megalithic temples or Rembrands Nightwatch, anything modern is wasted on me though.”

Should suffice for now.

Hello to everyone here.

Welcome Henry,
Good luck with starting to Lucid Dream. You can look around to see the different techniques that exist. Have fun!

Welkom Inquisistor Bob :content:
I hope you will like it here and I hope we’ll read amazing Lucid Adventures from you.

:welcome: hello Exploit and Inquisitor Bob :grin:

you should post that dream into the sticky The BIG “Was this a LD?” topic - Part V or as the first dream in your own dream diary in our dream diary forum … then you would know how near you were to LDing or if it was an actual LD :smile:
… and what an amazing journey to arrive here … just a random thought setting you off :content:

three cheers for the laws of probability :yay: :yay: :yay:

/me mentions there is a dutch version of the LD4all forum too :happy:

Oh … speaking of dream diaries … I moved your Shopping mall of DOOM! into the dream diary forum since it was a lucid dream :smile: (you can edit the first post to change the title of the topic to a suitable dream diary name if you wish)

Thank you both for the kind words ^^.
When I come across another interesting, not too severely sexually or gory tainted dream I’ll be sure to write it down.

And I’ll go check out the dutch version of the forum.

Thanks for the welcome, and
@Moogle.
doing it right now.

Hello everybody. Yesterday I was reading something about lucid dreaming and decided that it sounded very interesting. I found this site and I am convinced that it is something I want to try. So, I will dedicate myself for as long as it takes to learn how to have lucid dreams(it’s not like I’m wasting very much valuable time, I sleep at night anyways). Right now I am working on dream recall because I very rarely remember dreams.

This is my progress so far. Last night as I was falling asleep I told myself that I was going to remember my dreams and write them down when I woke up. I wasn’t too sure about this because whenever I tell myself to remember to do something in the morning I always forget. However, when I woke up I remembered immediately to remember my dream. So I just laid there and the last little bit of a dream came to me. Then I remembered what happened before that. Then I remembered what happened before that. I might not have remembered the whole dream, but what I did remember was quite vivid. I then wrote it down. I have only remembered a dream so well once before in my life and that was a nightmare I had when I was probably about 5 years old. I can’t believe I was able to do that on my first try. I’ll see if I can do it again tonight.

Anyways, I hope to start having LDs in the not-too-distant future. I have a lot of great ideas for things I want to do.

:wave: Legolas

I’m sure you will :smile: Good luck, remember that motivation is important ! :content:

Welcome, nice to see a LOTRs fan join, you’ll notice I have Haldir in my picture :content:

Good luck with your LDs, stick to it and you’ll remember more and more dreams, don’t lose the passion!

Thank you for welcoming me. Alecto, the main reason I want to LD is so I can battle orcs and balrogs and stuff. :grin:

Hello people !

I’m Tenoch (real name Noé), 19, from France. I found about lucid dreaming per chance, really, since I read about it on : stevepavlina.com/ a great site from a great guy. In fact it… completely astonished me. I never thought this could even be possible.

And, though, I had a lucid dream once. A long time ago. A simple dream, really, except that at a point, I became aware of being in a dream, and could even willingly move my arm. In fact it’s all I had done at this time : moving my arm back and forth, absolutely baffled and amazed by this totally unexpected thing.
I was so deeply moved that it took a week for me to get back to normal state, absolutely certain of having reached a new step in self knowledge and introsepction…

And then I more or less forgot about it, got back to real life. I don’t even remember if it was before or after I had a dream journal. I had read Freud’s works about dream interpretation, and thought it would be fun to analyze some of them. That’s what I done for a few months. Then, I suppose I got bored, or to busy to go on, but I was definitely fascinated by the complexity and the beauty of this everyday thing that is the dream.

Then, a long time has passed, and I stumbled upon this website, with this guy talking about “lucid dreaming”. Then Wikipedia, and then this website, and a few others. In fact, I can’t imagine now how it is possible that I never tried to find out about this wierd dream I had. Maybe at that time the Internet was not so widespread, or something. It never came to my mind that I could try to search other people who had this kind of experience.
And now in a few hours I discover that it is a “skill” that everyone can master. I’m… so happy ! It’s like magic. I can’t even understand why poeple don’t know more about it !

Actually, for a while, I didn’t believe it. I wondered whether it wasn’t some kind of new age mystical rubbish like it is so easy to find out there on the web. It looked like those websites full of “ancient runes” and “magical words” that are, of course, not efficient at all…

But then I found those articles and links in Wikipedia, and, most of all, all these people here on the forums. It just can’t be some conspiracy made to make me sad when I discover that, in fact, there is no such thing as Father Christmas.

So there I am. I read my old dream journal again, and I realised that I remember almost all of them. Each simple description brings back the original images and feelings. I can’t stop being impressed. I started a brand new dream journal now, after all these years. I can remember always one or two dreams per night, so I feel rather confident.

I’ll start all the explained techniques very soon. Maybe after one week of simply filling the journal. I want to take my time. I mean, this thing is so big… I still can’t believe it. I’m almost wondering if it’s not a dream :tongue:

:wave: Hello Legolas and Tenoch, welcome to the LD4all community :grouphug:
Legolas, there are quite a few LOTRs fans here :grin: including Siiw (one of our moderators :cool: )

:thumbs: yes, a lot of people are amazed how much recall improves once they set the intention to remember their dreams and give a little time to try to recapture the dream thoughts on awakening.

well at least you know about lucid dreaming now :smile:
I always think it’s an advantage to have at least had a small lucid experience before finding out about LDing, since you know it is possible then and have no doubts :happy:

/me wishes you both well on your lucid quests

Thanks ! I sure will try !

Hello, Long time watcher, first time writer here. (Oh! An LTWFTW!)

Ahem…

Anyway, so I’ve been lurking for pretty much the past year during my quest for lucidity, and, now that I’ve (finally!) had a partial success, to some degree, I figure this would be a good place to discuss my continued journey toward becoming a full-fledged demon… er… LDer. So, hi, I’m me.

If you want to know, I’m a trumpet performance major right now with a minor in Japanese Language. (Perfect combination, I know.) I’m also a big-time Anime fan - in particular, Bleach, Naruto, Blood+, Death Note… Though… Dubs suck. I only watch in the original Japanese. I also enjoy writing, singing, a little bit of piano, light programming, web design, and Homestar Runner!

There, I guess, now that I’ve told my life story, I’ll shut up. :tongue:

So, I’m Keegster. Hajimemashite. Douzo yoroshiku. And all that good stuff.

Welcome Keegster :hugs:

I hope LD4all will be more fun for you now you’re a member. You can read more boards too :happy:

Congratulations with your first lucid dream <-- link

I think that now you have succes you have a better chance of getting a Lucid Dream again. I hope you’ll share those too. (Maybe beginning a DJ in the DJ-sectio?)

We have an Anime topic here, if you’re interested. Seeing the things you enjoy I hope I’lll see some of your creations in the Garden :content:

And on a sidenote, I like your sig. It is interesting.

Good day to ye all!
Arrrrrrr…

Thanks, I’ll definitely be sharing some of my creations with you all. I forgot to mention, I’m also big into music composition - just about as much as trumpet playing - so I’ll let you hear some of my soundz later. Probably tomorrow; I have to prepare for tonight’s concert today.

I also like my sig :razz:. It’s a quote by Japanese Mangaka (comic book author) Kubo Tite, translated to english. I thought it was very philisophoicalical. Yep, that’s not a word, but where’s the fun in using real words all the time? :happy:

Anyway, thanks all for the welcomes. I’ll start a dream journal the next time I have a memorable dream. (Last night was one of those nights… I couldn’t get to sleep till about 5:30 AM, so when I finally did, I slept DEEP.)

Hey Everyone, I’ve just entered the world of lucid dreaming, I was introduced by a friend who is very interested in astral projection. Only been at it for 2 nights now, but so far have managed to remember one dream per night :smile:
Having looked at a few other LD websites, this one looks by far the best, and it also seems to have a large community :happy:

Enjoy yourselves, and cya round