The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 40

Hello all!

My name is Josh, I am currently working as a freelance web designer and stumbled across this site through another online forum.

I have started reading the guide, and so far everything that has been said I’ve either thought:
a) “That’s happened to me! I know that!”
b) “That’s a good tip, going to try that!”

I’m not that good at introductions but I love chatting to people, and this forum seems like a great resource for dreams.

I’ve had lucid dreams before, have been having them since I was 5 and now this website has given me proof that I’m not too crazy!

Cya 'round,
Josh

:lol: and it has just happened again :eh:

:wave: hello Renegade and Josh Taylor :grouphug: welcome to LD4all

/me hopes you both enjoy being LD4all members and share some of your experiences with us :content:

I wonder if we should make a poll for the age members first experienced lucidity :eh:

That would be good, also when I was 5 it is the furthest back I can remember, which is really, really weird and people I have talked to because of this just say it’s because i’m a silly dope :razz:

Also, when Istarted being able to change my dreams (LD’s?) it was about the Old Hag, I had this dream from 5-13. But the old hag was a witch.

Thanks for the warm welcome,
Josh

Hello my fine-feathered friends.

Briefly, I’ve been LDing for around 14 years (since I was 16). There was a time when I could LD 2-3 times a week. But a handful of years ago, life got ahold of me, and I lost touch.

Recently, however, I’ve begun focusing quite fervently on bringing LD back to centerstage. Thank god my dream-recall is still very solid, and I have no trouble writing many pages in my journal every morning. As well as journaling, I’ve started daily rituals and reality checks…I can feel I’m on the brink. A few more days.

Quickly about me: ex-Army brat. Actor. Designer. Art Director. Server. Dreamer. Living in Jersey.

Howdy!

Welcome to LD4all Dream_Quake,

Since you were an experienced lucid dreaming some years ago it shouldn’t be that hard to get back on track again. I hope you start a dream journal, so we can read your dreams stories. And if you made something artistic, be sure to show it to us in the Garden.

:wave: hello Dream_Quake :smile:
I look forward to reading some of your dreams :boogie: you may also like to take part in our lucid quest this month … the Spirit of Giving

Hi!

So, here I am. :smile:

I became interested in LDs just a few weeks ago, when the concept was mentioned in another forum. Since then, I have been reading what I could find and quickly stumbled on ld4all.com. I have always remembered becoming “aware” that I am dreaming now and then, but I thought that as soon as this happens, one would necessarily have to wake up. Ha! How wrong I was. :wink:

I had my first LD 4 days after I found out about them, and many more since then. I am currently doing various experiments to find out more about the nature of the dream state - and also to just have some good old plain fun!|D I am also trying to learn WILD, with mixed success.

I am still browsing through the many interesting topics here, but I may post more about my own experiences soon. :smile:

(And I have to say that there is an amazing amount of emoticons available in this forum. I have never seen anything like it! :mrgreen: )

:wave: hello Ionflux, welcome to the LD4all community :grouphug:
I hope you post a few of your lucid dreams in our dream diary forum … there is even a big “My First LD Collection” sticky topic in there :content:

/me thinks that is because pasQuale is a :peek: secret smilie addict … esp for these two smilies :cookiemon: :ebil:

I was lurking here for couple of days and now finally decided to say ‘hello’ :slight_smile: So…

Hello :slight_smile:

About two years ago I head about LDs for the first time and liked the idea very much. Obviously I had to give it a try, although the required work ahead of me seemed to be quite big.
That’s because my DR was always steadily poor and improving it wasn’t as easy as I might have thought. Eventually I grew bored, abandoned whole concept and returned to dreamless nights of dark void :slight_smile:
I only recall one dream that may be counted as half-LD since then . Strangely, it happened several months after I stopped doing anything related to LD. So it really seems that if you want it too much, you are on good way to failure :slight_smile:

Nevertheless, more than a year passed, my life changed quite a lot and few weeks ago I suddenly reminded myself of this brilliant idea of lucid dreaming. And to my biggest surprise, it took me only several days to develop way better DR than I had previously after two months of practice.
Now I’m starting to have that short and sloppy LD-like dreams even without actually trying any real technique (unless doing about 2 RCs a day can be called like that). However, I still feel like I need to get a more stable and reliable DR and increase vividness of my NDs. But at least I’m way more patient now :slight_smile: So sooner or later, I shall conquer the wonderful world of LDs! Or… at least I hope so :smiley:

Personally I live in Poland and I’m studying IT on university.
(And I’m also amazed by number of image smileys here, although I generally avoid using them ;P)

:wave: hello Xion welcome to LD4all :happy:

:yes: patience is a must otherwise when they hit their first dry spell, people lose their motivation :wink:

Hello everyone! I’m new here too. :smile:

I’ve heard about LDs before, (and even had some - though it wasn’t much more than the realisation part) but never really looked into it, for a number of reasons.

Now I finally decided to embark upon the quest. :tongue: So I equipped myself with a year 2005 agenda and lightgiving pen to start a DJ, which proved to be quite interesting. :smile: Me being my busy self though - didn’t got to trying out a lot of techniques so far. But it’s almost holiday time, so I might even get lucky before new year’s day… :happy:

It’s really nice to see a forum with so active, and with so many “activities”… :smile: But then, Lucid Dreaming is a very exciting subject.

Hello, I’m Angela and i’m new here too.
I’m from Holland and the dutch forum, so my english isn’t very good. I’m very interested in dreams and Lucid dreaming. I want to improve my english reading and writing skills so i thought i should check out the english forum. :content:

Hello! My name is Bryan, and I’m from Rhode Island, US! Couple of days ago, someone posted a MP3 that will put you in lucid dreaming, I was very interested but sadly, I’m deaf, I couldn’t hear. I really want to LD, so I’ve decided to read more about it and was surprised that there are methods that doesn’t require any of hearing, I was happy. I’ve tried some couple of nights, it didn’t work. But that didn’t stop me from doing it! I’ll keep trying. My english isn’t very good too! Happy to be here :smile:

Bryan

:welcome: hello eddy, Ansie and BryanB, welcome to LD4all :smile:

:thumbs: good luck and remember to post it in our dream diary forum if you do have an LD :grin:

Ansie, being a member of the english LD4all forum is a great and fun way to improve your english :yay:

Keep at it and you are sure to get a lucid dream :thumbs:
If possible include WBTB with the method of your choice, it really improves the odds of having a long LD :content:

/me gives everyone a warm LD4all welcome :grouphug:

Welcome Eddie :content:
I hope you like it here.

Welkom Ansie :grin:
I recognised your avatar instantly ^^
As you probably already noticed, we have more boards here at the English forum. For example the great Lucid Adventures :happy:

:wave: Welcome Bryan
I hope you start a Dream Journal so we can read your adventures during the night. Good luck Lucid Dreaming.

Thank You Sandra :grin:
I noticed that there are more boards and I also noticed that there are more active members and topics. I hope I can learn and discuss more here at the English forum ^^

Hi, I’m Ryan. I’ve been working on lucid dreaming since late last year but I just started getting serious about it and started hardcore RC and dream journal. Look forward to getting to know everyone on the site :smile:

Hello Hello, here am I! Just, I don’t know… Hello.

I am very spiritual and such. Hoping to achieve som lucidity here.

:wave: hello TBK and Jepix, welcome to the LD4all community :grouphug:
I look forward to reading about your future lucid adventures :yay:

Welcome Ryan and Jepix :content:

Jepix, you may like Beyond Dreaming section since it is about spiritual topics. On the other hand you may not like it :tongue: