The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 41

Hey, I’m Rusty. Found you guys on Wikibook, and thought I’d check the site out. I just got into LDing after hearing about it from a few friends of mine. I haven’t had any yet, but I just started doing reality checks, so…

Well, thanks for welcoming me into your community, and I hope to learn more from the people here. :smile:

:welcome: welcome to LD4all Rusty
I think it’s better pursuing LDing as part of a forum community since you have support and help while you are learning to LD :thumbs:

Thanks for the advice. Would it be ok to do MILD, but then occasionaly do FILD (when I can wake up in the night)? Or should I stick with just one for a while?

yoshikareem :yes: yes that would be fine :thumbs: doing FILD if you wake in the night and using MILD when you go to bed.

Hello, I like to call myself an oneiroid and I am very interested in LD . I had 2 LD `s and I am very excited to find out that there is a big community sharing the knoledge :smile:. I also have a small question : is there a BIG where we could discuss about meating with eachother in LD ? thanks a lot and happy to finali meet you :smile:!

Welcome to LD4all ovi_mayday,

There is not really a BIG topic where we could discuss about meeting each other. There are some topics related to this subject. There were two Quests that include meeting other people: LD4all Quest #7: Spectral Moon: Join the Party and LD4all Quest #14: the Spirit of Giving. There is also a BIG Lucid Crossroads Topic. The Lucid Crossroads is a place where Lucid Dreamers can meet each other. And we also have the Who from LD4all have you dreamed about?. You can say there if you have dreamed about a fellow LD4all member ^^

Good luck with your lucid quests :dream:

Hi everyone! I’m ecstatic about this website, I’ve been reading the forums for a week now after experiencing a lucid dream. I had no idea what it was so I looked through all my books and came upon Astral travel, then lucid dreaming. Immediately I was fascinated. I just love exploring new things, so I though I should really get an account here. So in short, Hi everybody!

:wave: hello ovi_mayday and Artemesia :grin:

I hope you will post your LDs in the big “My First LD Collection” topic in the dream diary forum. :happy:

personally I feel it is better to do this informally … get to know a few members and then attempt to meet up in dreams. I believe inorder to have a shared dream there should be some sort of bond between the dreamers.
We have had topics in beyond dreaming in the past trying to get lots of LD4all members to meet in a big shared dream but they haven’t been successful so far.

There should be some topics on Astral travel in the beyond dreaming forum :happy:
Congrats on your first LD :yay: I hope you will consider posting your LD in the big “My First LD Collection” too :wiske:

Greetings,

I’ve looked in on you guys from time to time and decided i’d join up with you lot, to share some of my experiences and get some feedback.

I’ve studied LD’s and OBE’s during the course of my “life” studies, and found I have a natural knack for atleast LD’s.
So here goes.

See you on the forum.

:wave: hello Metatron, welcome to LD4all :grouphug:
You should enjoy taking part in the current and past lucid adventures then :happy: (not to mention the SeaLife waves projects [I saw your post there too :wink: ])
I hope you decide to post some of your lucid dreams in our dream diary forum :smile:

hi! new here. 23 y o male. suffering from ocd. started having sleep paralysis maybe due to my ocd medicines maybe, they scared me, then i started having short lucid dreams without any effort or wish on my part. read a book on lucid dreaming, had a proper lucid dream the very first night after reading the book, but i paid no attention to the details of the dream so it faded out. it was two days back. havent slept properly since then. i have never spoken in a lucid dream so that’s what i intend to do in the next ld i get.

:wave: hello jamesjoyce, welcome to LD4all :smile:

:yes: it is good to have decided a few dream goals before becoming lucid since it is possible to waste LD time trying to decide what to do :thud:

Hallo everybody. I am 15 years old, and turning 16 in march, (very excited, yippee skippee) and I have recently become very interested in the concept of lucid dreaming. I would very much like to become good at it, but for now, my goal is simply to start remembering my dreams a little bit more well than I have. I have started a journal, which is slowly growing in terms of detail (started with short phrases and feelings, and is now at short descriptions of what my dreams encompass). I don’t believe I have ever experienced a lucid dream, but I am looking foreward to what it will be like. See, I love to draw and paint, esspecially surrealistic art. I have painted my dreams before, but with little success because I have very poor recalling abilities (at least right now). However, If I can teach myself to become lucid, I can learn to enjoy my dreams in a new way and bring far more vivid images of the brilliant scapes that occure in them.

The other thing I am interested in is the pyschology of having lucid dreams. I have been studying psychology for the last year (mainly developmental and sexual psychology, but also some dealing in the mechanics of sleep). Another end that I hope to reach is to be able to understand whether or not there really is meaning to my dreams. I have what alot of people would call “issues”, but that only fuels my interest in dreams further. I want to try and figure out what sort of mechanisms lie behind the inner workings of my brain, if there are any to be figured out from dreams.

I hope to become very active here :smile:

Hey, I’m 13 and usually go by the internet alias Mayu or Kimi. I’ve read about lucid dreaming on Wikipedia before, but the reality checks sounded so scary that I was afraid to try them out until I got interested in lucid dreaming once again a few months ago. I’ve had three lucid dreams so far, but I’ve only managed to stay lucid for a few moments in each of them before becoming non-lucid once again. I hope that this forum will help me change that.

Anyway, it’s nice to meet you all, and I hope to become more active in the future. Bye~

Hello. After reading this topic, I am going to assume this is where introductions are to be made. I am 19 years old and I use a wide range of online handles which I tend to forget about very quickly. I found this website on Wikipedia. I’ve had a significant number of lucid dreams, but they all occurred during afternoon naps, and they were very unclear and vague. I am hoping to gain more control over this and enter a higher state of lucidity, and this website seems to have some pretty interesting information to work on. Also, I absolutely love this font, which one is it?

Welcome to LD4all compos_mentis,

If you need any tips on how to remember you dreams better you can check this topic. It’s already good to see improvement in your dream recall :happy:

I hope you’ll start your own thread in Fruits of Lucidity or the Garden of Creation. The first one includes dream inspired artwork and the second one is for art that is not inspired by dreams. I’m looking forward to see any of your work.

Welcome Mayu
I wonder what you thought was scary about reality checks. Next time you’re lucid you could try to stable your lucid dream before you do anything. You could focus on your environment while repeating to yourself that you’re dreaming. Or you could rub your hands. Just make sure that you stay lucid by repeating to yourself you’re dreaming a few times.

Welcome Silver_Archer
You’re right, this is the place where you introduce yourself. You can find some topics about gaining more control and such things in Lucid Adventures. Like I said to Mayu, you could also focus your awareness by looking around and telling yourself that you’re dreaming. You could shout “Increase lucidity” or “increace vividness” to make your dream more vivid and have higher lucidity.
And I believe the font is Trebuchet.

Hey guys, I’m new, I’ve just recently started reading up on Dream Lucidity. I really want to attain it. I have just started keeping a dream journal, now I am going to attempt WILD every night, hopefully I can achieve it. I also practice RC’s frequently.

Hi keithdchatt! Welcome to the forum. I hope you like it here and I also hope that you improve your lucid dreaming. I bet if you keep trying, you’ll reach your goal. :wink:

:wave: hello compos_mentis, Mayu, Silver_Archer and keithdchatt :grin:

compos_mentis, if you work on your recall - even your normal dreams should become more vivid and so give you something to recreate artistically in waking life.

well keeping a dream journal would help you decide that, since you will become familiar with your dream themes, dream characters etc
:thumbs: good luck on your LD quest

Mayu, there is nothing scary about RCs, you can just choose the ones you wish to do … and once one reveals you are lucid! what is there to be worried about? :yay:

Silver_Archer, have you tried using commands when lucid like “Increase lucidity” and “increase vividness”? they are very effective when said out loud in a dream :yes:

keithdchatt, I hope WILD produces good results for you really soon :thumbs:

Hey all, I’m new here too. I found this board from the GameFAQs Paranormal/Conspiracy board. But I’ve always had a more-than-normal interest in lucid dreaming.

I’ve been trying to lucid dream for quite a long time but I hadn’t discovered this board until a few weeks ago.

Anyway, last night I was unable to sleep due to a heavy cold but after sometime in the morning I managed to kind of fall into a half-sleep. I could kind of feel my body asleep but I was dreaming too! I was able to assert some control over my dream like what direction I would walk or what I would do but all I would do would think it, not actually try to move. I also got this heavy feeling like I was missing something important but I couldn’t tell what. I also felt some emotions in the dream, I can’t remember what they were but all I remember was that they were strong.

If this is a lucid dream, it would be my first.

After waking up, I felt I should post to say hi now that I may of experienced what a light lucid dream is like.

So, hey all :smile: