The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 41

Hello dreamers! I’m new here too. :smile:
I remember having a lot of lucid dreams in my childhood, and now I want to have more of them.

I’ve been reading the guide on LD4all, and I’ve had some lucid dreams lately, but they all disappointed me somehow. I forgot what I wanted to do, and i lost focus. Tonight I tried to meet David Lynch to have a deep intellectual discussion about the meaning behind his movies. It didn’t turn out as planned, all he told me was that Mulholland Drive was a cheese diary, based on all the cheeses he had tasted in his life. I want to have better lucid dreams, So I decided to learn more about it and join this forum.

So, hi :smile:

Hello all. :smile: I’ve always been very interested in dreaming and such, even as a young child. I’m pretty much a beginner as far as lucid dreaming goes-- although I do have some experience from a while back.

I joined ld4all about a fourteen months ago, but only a couple months after joining, my life got really stressful, so I didn’t get on very much. :sad: My dream recall started getting bad all over again, and I gradually stopped attempting to lucid dream entirely. >.<

Now things have changed again though, and I want to try again. :gni: So I registered a new account, and I hope I’ll be able to have a nice–long-- time on here this time around. :colgate:

:wave: hello Orphen, glassdrop and Eclipse Shadow :grin:

Did you actually KNOW you were dreaming while in the dream? Since it is possible to feel like you are asserting control in a normal dream. Through the lack of movement, I think your mind must have been aware that your body was paralysed due to SP.

:wave: glassdrop,

even in LDs there can be some surprises :tongue: it adds to the fun :content:
But setting goals that you want to do in LDs can make it more likely that you will recall them when lucid :smile:

welcome back Eclipse Shadow :smile:
if you remember your old account nick, you should pm pasQuale so she can delete it (since double accounts aren’t allowed on the forum). It’s good to have you back and I hope you stay with us longer this time :happy:

Thanks for the welcome. ^^
I figured they wouldn’t be. :razz: I think I have the username somewhere… grumble, grumble, search I hope I’ll be able to stay longer too. :happy:

I’m not sure, I could feel my body was asleep but something didn’t feel right in the dream. I guess I was close to been lucid but didn’t actually cross the line. Damn :sad:

That’s true, it really adds to the fun! :smile: And I will try to set some goals for future LDs. I’m hoping to have more LDs soon! :smile:

i’ve been hoping to have lucid dreams for a while, but i didn’t have one till last night. i had a cup of coffee right before i went to bed (i wonder if that had anything to do with it!) then i had a normal dream where something happened that didn’t make sense, AND THEN, i saw myself in a mirror, and i had long hair (which i don’t “actually” have) so i knew i was dreaming. it lasted for what felt like a minute or so and then i woke up… i hope i can do this again soon!

:wave: hello albizgil, welcome to the forum :grouphug:
:yay: congrats on your first LD :yay:
the caffeine may have helped (you will probably find some topics about caffeine, coffee etc in our pathways forum)
We have a “My First LD collection” topic in the dream diary forum (it is a sticky topic near the top). You may wish to post your LD in that too :smile:
I hope you enjoy your time at LD4all and get lots of great LDs :boogie:

Hi , I’m new here.

I’m Rimbaud - I’m intrested in Poetry , Literature , Consciousness , Pyschology - and am pursuring the quest to become either a Playwright or a Film Director

Oh , and to LD!! :tongue:

Hi everyone!

I joined this forum to discuss research done on lucid dreams and to find people who’d be willing to participate in some studies of my own.

I am currently doing my PhD in psychology at a Scottish university. My primary interest is dreams - lucidity and more earthly issues such as gender differences in dream recall, personality correlates of, colour dreaming and the whole neuropsychological side of sleep and dream generation.

For clarification: I’m a hard-stance materialist (mind=brain and that’s all there is) inspired by Dennett and Churchland, so don’t get Carthesian with me or else. :wink:

I am not what you’d call a prolific lucid dreamer, but I’ve had a few lucid dreams and I’m trying to get more with a nova dreamer mask (but alas, can’t ever fall asleep in the thing…).

Cheers,

Eva

:wave: hello Rimbaud and Sleepy_Eva :happy:

Rimbaud, in addition to our dreaming forums, you should check out our garden of creation and fruits of lucidity forums :thumbs:

Sleepy_Eva, there is currently a topic called “War of the Sexes” in the Lab Experiment area ld4all.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=45
If you wish to carry out any experiments yourself, you should post in the lab discussion forum and then make a proposal in the big research proposal topic. I have a feeling you will enjoy your time at LD4all :smile:

Hello everybody,

i hope you can read my posts because my english is not the best.

i dream lucid for about 5 or 6 months. i registered here yesterday and in the night i had a fantastic lucid dream so i think its a good start…no i know it…yeah!!!

:wave: hello Canasta, welcome to LD4all :happy:
I read your other post click for topic and I like the idea of writing a letter to your Lucid Dream. I have read similar in the past … you are asking your subconscious nicely for a LD instead of trying to force them :thumbs: and so get great results :yay:
and well done on your LDing progress :smile:

Uhhh…

Hey guys. I know it’s probably annoying to say ‘hey, welcome to ld4all’ to eveyone who comes here, but this place is for people to introduce themselves, right? So I’m gonna do just that.

I first stumbled upon lucid dreaming on the wikibooks, and from there I found this place (which incidentally is better - get to talk to other people who have lucid dreams!). I’ve been trying to get lucid for about three months, but with no luck. I started with VILD but now I’m trying WILD.

I find the mind very interesting and mysterious (perhaps that’s why it’s so interesting). I’d like to delve into it and find out who I really am (yeah, as I’m kinda confused about that right now), besides, lucid dreaming ROCKS.

I play drums and (abysmally) electric/classical guitars - I paint and draw, and do art in general.

Lots of my artwork for my GCSE I’m doing really means a lot to me - I include cryptic references to my thoughts that no-one else could decipher. I actuall done a self-portrait the other week - but it was not of my face; but one of my mind.

Oh my god, I’ve managed to fill up a whole 2 boxes worth of text! Sorry for ranting on so long!

:wave: hey, welcome to ld4all li10 :smile:

it definitely isn’t :content:
it’s great to be able to welcome members to the forum and to try to make everyone feel at home here :happy:

that sounds interesting, I hope you create a topic in garden of creation to showcase some of your work :wiske:

:thumbs: good luck with your lucid quest :thumbs:
… and when you get your first LD don’t forget to tell us all about it in the dream diary forum :yay:

Thanks, and I certainly will tell you guys about my first LD when I - eventually - have it.
No-one at my school (that’s right I go to school) that I know is into LD ing so it’ll be great to have someone to talk to about it!

Also, just for the sake of saying it as there would be no point of making a thread about it - when I finally LD, I’m gonna surf on the AIR. Yeah!

…So the best line I ever heard from a DC in an LD occurred one night when I loudly declared my lucidity and 2 DC’s noticed me. They stopped their conversation, turned and looked at me, and one said “oh, hello. you are one of those beginning to end beings… how interesting.”

… my mortality slowly ran down my leg…

Hello to all that enter this domain. Viva ld4all.

Greetings everyone. I’m glad to come across such a diverse group of lucid dreamers. I’ll be 25 next week and have a bachelor’s degree in psychology (so far). Sleep and dreaming are some of my main interest, and have been my entire life. I’m hispanic and caucasian. I’ve studied a lot of metaphysics and comparitive mythology over the years, and am always willing to learn more. I’m excited to interact and grow with all of you.

:wave: hello lucid30339 welcome to the forum :grouphug:

:rofl: if that is the best line … I wonder if you have more :smile:
There is a testing the realness of DCs topic that you may be interested in (it’s in the lucid lab) it’s all about asking DCs questions in LDs :eh:

:wave: hello Anzu :smile:

that’s what i love about LD4all too :happy:
I hope you enjoy your time spent here.

Hey everyone, I’m pretty new here, did some reading yesterday and joined this morning. The guide here makes way more sense than most of the others I’ve checked out. I haven’t had a lucid dream yet but I’m working really hard on trying to remember my dreams. Thanks for all the help.