The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 41

I know I’m not a moderator but hey!

I’m new too!

Welcome to ld4all!

Good luck!

:wave: hello Needle-Freak, welcome to LD4all :smile:
:lol: I just merged your other intro post in here and then thought I was seeing double

:thumbs: good luck on your lucid quest :thumbs:
I look forward to reading about your first LD :boogie:

:hugs: Li10 … as it says in the first post everyone is free to welcome new members in this topic :cheer:

Hi all

I found this site a few days ago after having had lucid dreams two nights in a row. They were fantastic (Scarlett Johansson appeared in one of them :wink: ), and I started researching lucidity. There is some really good advice on this site. I started a dream journal and my dream recall has improved already. I had my first ever WILD today - my body felt so weird, and the way the dream scene gradually appeared was awesome. Unfortunately, I was only lucid for a few seconds.

Hope to be having more lucid dreams soon,

Michael

Flippin heck, you’re already making significant headway!

You must be a natural LDer or something!

Hello.

I had my first LD about four years ago. But back then I didn’t know what they were called. I simply told myself that the next time I had the classic dream, I’d realize that I was dreaming. But I didn’t know I could control it, so I ended up trapped in a circular room with no walls, windows, or people.

Other than that, I am a sophomore in high school and a classical pianist.

Hey Lleu!

That dream where you were trapped in a room must have been well weird! You were lucid during it?

What influences you, piano wise?

I play guitar and the drum kit! (Just in case you’d like to know…)

Welcome to the ld4all forum… and remember, you might happen to have a lucid dream tonight!

Influence? Uhmm… I like German and Russian music if that’s what you mean… Mainly Beethoven, Bach, and Mussorgsky.

awesome!

again, good luck with your LD ing! Hope it helps you come up with some awesome (I use that word too much)… riffs? I dunno if that’s correct terminoligy for piano. Okay then, songs!

I sometimes find it hard to come up with a unique beat on the drums (so many of the same ones have been used so many times) but LD ing gives me the extra spurt of creativity I need!

:wave: hello KingMikeII and Lleu :grouphug: welcome to the LD4all forum

I’ve never had a WILD, it would be great to have just one to get that experience of a dream forming infront of your eyes :content:

:sad: that would have been frustrating, nothing to explore or do :cry:
At least you know more about LDs now :boogie:

Hello. I’m a 20 year old male from Kentucky. I’ve had three lucid dreaming experiences, and I’ve come here to further my research in the area. This forum seemed pretty handy from the reading I did, so I’m looking forward to learning some useful techniques.

Hey Valek, hope you get what you need from the forum!

“test everything. believe nothing.”

that sounds cool… I think…

So far so good, I’ve found a couple of neat exercises I wouldn’t have thought to try. I’m currently trying HILD/FILD, though I waited too long before going to sleep last night, and shorted out my recall. Still seems pretty handy.

:wave: hello Valek :smile:
I think FILD is a good tech because it doesn’t keep you awake or get boring like WILD can :content:
Some members have had really good results using it :happy:

Are you going to share your previous 3 LDs with us in the dream diary forum? :peek:

What are your interests? bioengineering and nanotechnology! lol jk
How did you get here? wikibook on lucid dreaming mentions this forum a lot
Where are you from? california but i’m korean
What are your hopes and wishes? hm rich, famous, shake fergie’s hand, and be god? only in a lucid dream! :gni:

That’s one of the main reasons I’m trying it, aside from the fact that it looks very practical.

Not sure yet. They were all very short (I tried to exert too much control at once and forced myself awake).

Hi all, I’m new to this site, and just discovered the term Lucid Dreaming about half an hour ago. I was having a conversation with a friend of mine earlier, and he was telling me about how he had a dream last night in which he was able to control anything he wanted.
This came as a surprise to me, but not for what I am guessing is a normal reason. I thought all dreams could be controlled, and I can’t remember ever having a dream that I wasn’t in control.
So he tells me that this was a new experience for him and I am totally just dumbfounded, and start asking him if he has ever flown, manipulated the situation to his whim, controlled elements, mind controlled people, or any other of the thousands of great things that I thought were all standard dreaming tools. He tells me he hasn’t, he just knew he was in a dream because he would think of what would happen next and it would happen.

I have noticed some things in my dreams though, like if I start to read in a dream I’ll wake up after a page or two (or I can only read a few replies in a thread if I am browsing the internet in my dream).
I’d say 50% of my dreams are long logic problems that I have to solve (usually a maze of sorts, with many puzzles in them) the other 50% are real life based events that I have control over, with half of those being events that have happened, and the other half being events that take friends and situations I am familiar with and throwing them into a story.

So I am 20 years old (turned 20 last saturday!), and I sleep between 2 and 12 hours a night depending on what I am doing the next day. So I look forward to reading more about this, and browsing the forum.

Oh, another odd dream thing: for a few months when I was 15, I didn’t dream at all. I would lay down, fall asleep, and (what felt like) instantly wake up with it being morning. It’d be a quick “bam, out like a light” sleep and a blink later my alarm would be going off. I don’t think that has anything to do with this whole lucid dreaming thing, but I figured it would be neat to tell someone.

So in conclusion, Hi!

Wow!That is d a m n impressive, Bakudai. I have never heard of anyone with consistent control in dreams. I am jealous! Welcome to the forum, by the way.

P.S. I had another WILD today :smile:

Welcome everyone!

Also, I’m a doofus, what’s FILD?

:wave: hello CHOI

:rofl:
funny intro :thumbs:
I hope you enjoy the friendly forum atmosphere :smile:

:welcome: hello Bakudai

that must happen to a lot of natural lucid dreamers … since it is the norm and you don’t normally talk about it, you think everyone experiences the same thing while dreaming :eh:
You may get some new ideas of what to do in your dreams in the lucid adventure forum or the lucid lab forum.
a fun thing to do is to question your DCs (dream characters) :content:

congrats KingMikeII :yay: you may want to post in the rankings topic in the general lucidness forum Sticky: Competition rankings for February :wiske: (and don’t forget our dream diary forum too :wink:

Finger Induced Lucid Dream :peek: Sticky: The FILD tech (was HILD) - part II

I suppose I’m not REALLY new here, as I registered back in 2005 and made a few posts, then went away. However, my renewed interest in Lucid Dreaming is new; before, I was mostly interested in being able to do whatever I wanted in dreams, now my interests are more spiritual.

I consider myself to be a spiritual seeker. I look at the world, question everything, and attempt to figure out the biggest question of all: What’s going on? Through meditation, I’ve taken a growing interest in the importance of attention and awareness, and am attempting to grow in this area by increasing awareness in the Dream World, as well as the Physical World.

I’m hoping, like many other seekers before me, to attain a deeper understanding of the nature of reality. I want to get beyond seeing things as my mind and habits superimpose them on the world, wipe away that veil, and see things for what they really are.

And that’s about it. I hope there are a few of you here who walk a similar path, but even if not, I’m sure I will meet more than a few interesting and friendly people while I’m here.

Hi, everyone.

:peek:

The Rev