The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 43

Hello to you Plume and Ocean :wave:
Ive never actually seen a program about LD, I guess it would be a bit uncomman in NZ to hear much about it. :hmmm:

hello,
i’d like to introduce myself here. I’m nutriman from berlin, 29yrs.
came across this site through searching about lucent dreams.
I am all new to this but hope to make progress soon.

I remember having made it almost into lucent dreaming
when I was little. I woke myself up whenever I had a nightmare,
that worked reliably. Of course back then I didnt know
about lucent dreaming and that it can be taking
further that that.

thanks for sharing your thoughts here :smile:

:welcome: nutriman, hope you enjoy your stay here.

For introducing yourself there is the The Big “Hi, I’m New Here!” Topic

merged in there :content:

I suppose I should introduce myself since I’m new here?

I’m, of course, wolven deer. I was introduced here by google. Though I haven’t posted here before, I have browsed around for a while. I have only had two recent LDs, both of them being fully lucid from the start w/o any real tech done (though I’ve been considering CALD). I’ve been keeping a dream journal since 2001. Other interests are AP and shared dreaming.

:wave: hello nutriman and wolvendeer :smile: welcome to the LD4all community :grouphug:

Childhood nightmares seem to be a common way for children to realise that they are dreaming :content: it’s a shame you didn’t have more information then :meh:
With being able to realise that you were dreaming when you were young, you should soon be able to get back into it :thumbs:

I believe that used to be the most common route but now we get more mentions of other boards and seeing LD4all mentioned in a wiki :eh:

I hope you both enjoy your time at LD4all :happy:

Hey guys, Im Michiel, I am from Holland.
U can call me Michael or Mike or smth coz my name seems hard for outsiders…

I am aware of LD for a week or so, a friend told me of ld4all and we are now both telling eachother ND’s and stuff.
In the beginning i tought lets just first do it a little slow and then start with a dreamdiary, now i think im going to keep one or at least share my dreams.
My dream of this morning kinda convinced me to go on, its kinda a weird dream but i experienced some lucidity in it, it’s also readable at : Lucid adventures >> First ld?

I read some topics just earlyer and I feel like this is a nice community, and I look forward to sharing dreams and stuff :smile: cheers

thanks alot for your welcome,
last night i missed my chance for lucidity when I was
struggeling: I was even wondering “why am i not getting
tired by this??” but the idea of me possibly dreaming didn’t
come into my mind…
well, hope soon.

:wave: hello Lehmiq welcome to LD4all
I moved your topic to the dream diary forum - it can be found here
You will be able to add any new LDs or dreams to this topic :thumbs:

I’m sure you will like the friendly vibes at LD4all :smile:

Welkom Michiel :wave:

We also have a Dutch forum if you’re interested. Personally I prefer the English one, but the Dutch one is nice too ^^

hey guys, ive been readin the forum/guide for a while now, but i just got an account and started postin today :smile: i made a DD post already. check it out if u want :smile:

:welcome: Welcome, crazyboy! Glad to see that you joined LD4all. I’ll have to check out that Dream Journal!

Hey guys!

I’m Joel, and I’m new to these forums (obviously :wink:, but I’ve been exploring lucid dreaming since late february/early march of this year. Already I’ve had some success with MILD and WILD techniques and have a much greater dream recall than I once thought was possible for me :smile:

I “knew” about lucid dreaming before I got into it – I’d had lucid dreams before then, but didn’t know anything about them – that they could be controlled or induced or anything like that. Then, one day while clicking around through StumbleUpon, I came across an article about lucid dreaming, and have been hooked since!

You guys seem like a nice bunch, so hopefully I’ll be here to stay! :wink: Looking forward to sharing with you all!

wow thats great! I’ve been doing WILD for ages and I’ve only got 2 (one of those was actually accidental :tongue:)

Wow- sorta reminds me of how I got hooked onto Lucid Dreaming :good:

You’d be surprised how friendly and nice everyone here is! :twirl:(: :grouphug:

Take care Joel and good luck on your quest to lucidity! :ok:

Holà ~

ld4all is one of the first reliable sources I found when I got into LD a few years ago. I used to dream lucidly every night when I was a kid but, somehow, lost the habit growing up. I discovered there was a name for it in '98 and found this site a little afterwards.

I’d keep a dream diary on an off and basically lost all motivation but still visited the main site from times to times and lurked on the board to find interesting ideas. About three weeks ago, my lucid dreams came back all of a sudden. I wasn’t even trying to get them - it all sort of happened once I added long nights of sleep after short nightly energy work sessions. I even managed to conduct a proper WILD, which I had never, ever succeeded in.

I figured I’d finally join so I could include more LDness in my waking life. And also to come across ideas I wouldn’t have thought of by myself.

Nice to meet you all ^^ : waves :

Hey all, my name is Luke, I’m 18 years young and I live in England, in the East Midlands area. :o

After talking it being mentioned by a friend over MSN a couple of days ago, I went to the website he gave me, which was here! :slight_smile:

I’ve read the first two sections of the LD guide, since I am a complete beginner at this, I am really enthusiastic, and can’t wait for my first LD, though I appreciate it is going to take a while for me to achieve.

Althooouuuugh, I can say I can relate to some of those things mentioned in there. Such as, I can remember in a dream from years ago of me hovering a short distance off the ground, not being able to run fast, changing view points (not so much though).

I used to remember dreams very regular, before I had even known about the potential of the human mind (I was about 10-14, at least), but now I don’t remember dreams so much. Last night all I could remember of a dream was me, standing, and it was only for a fraction of a second.

I have quite a way to go.

Anyways, in my spare time, I like to play on my PS2, and I go to Karate (I’m a Black Belt, heh heh, don’t know whether this will help in some way, concentrating my energies, something along those lines) twice a week. I also enjoy making images in MS Paint, from inspirations I’d get oddly during the past weeks or something. Some seem random, some look good anyway. I made one just for this forum, which you can see in my avatar. :slight_smile:

Also, I tend to make eye-bleedingly long posts which elaborate about something. :razz:

At least this may mean that I’ll be able to describe my dreams in a more clear detail.

I already know I have a vivid and vast imagination (I like to write stories a lot too), so who knows what my brain will conjure up for me to explore. =D

That’s all for now, folks. :smile:

:yay: more new members and even a few ex lurkers :wink:

:wave: hello crazyboy, javan287, Hapexamendios and Luke Strife :boogie:

It’s good to see you have begun a DJ … it may be a good idea to put a link to it in your signature by adding the code

[url=https://community.ld4all.com/t/crazyboys-dj/25422/1]crazyboy's dr :) [/url]

:thumbs:

@ javan287 … oo StumbleUpon again, I’ve seen that site mentioned as a route to get here quite a few times :eh: If you still remember your first LD … we have a big “My First LD Collection” topic in the dream diary forum :content:

@ Hapexamendios … it’s good to see you are back into LDing again :happy: and congrats on your WILD :yay:

There is a new CALD topic in pathways that you may like to read :thumbs:

so is he or she a member of LD4all?
your recall will improve again, esp if you keep a dream journal.
/me high fives Luke Strife for being a PS2 addict :happy:

whats up fellow dreamers.found this site hoping to learn more of lucid dreaming.if anyone can recommend me where to start i would appreciate it.thanks

Welcome to LD4all stargod :wave:

You can read about the different techniques in the LD4all Guide.

First it is important that you have a good dream recall. After all you want to remember if you had a lucid dream. If you don’t remember a lot of dreams you can learn more about it in the BIG remembering dreams topic.

Quest for Lucidity is the forum board where you need to be if you start with lucid dreaming. There are a few sticky topics there where you can ask basic questions about MILD and WILD. You might want to read How to Choose Your Technique. It helps you to choose the right technique fitting for you. There are quite some techniques in Pathways to Lucidity. A lot of them are sticky.

I hope I didn’t cover you in too many links and you will enjoy it here.

The guy’s username who got me here is Feral.

High fives the person with a FF reference for a username

I recently got God Of War II and I am addicted. :o

lol. I already posted in the newb forums, but I’ll post here ad well.

I new (obviously), but I think I may have had LDs before, not sure. Anyhoo, I hope I can learn how to stabilise my LDs and how to control them.