The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 47

:welcome: to ld4all Windowlicker! There are many techniques that you can use to get you lucid for the first time, the easiest one I’d say is FILD/HILD (in pathways to lucidity topic). I hope you have a wonderful time in the world of lucid dreaming! :grin:

Hello Windowlicker :tongue: :wave:

What’s really good about the forum is that you are increasing your chances of having an LD all the time that you are reading and thinking about about them :smile: I’m sure it won’t take too long now before you get lucid. Welcome and good luck :smile:

i was researching lucid dreaming a day ago. and decided id give it a go that night. and when i woke up in the morning realized wow. i dont even remember having a dream. so any help on how to even remeber you were even dreaming?

For One: Welcome morant FTW :grin: :grin: :grin:

There are many ways to remember your dreams, the most common being:

keep a dream journal. Every night, if you remember a dream right it down in the morning, or more importantly after a dream you had in the middle of the night. After a while, you will remember them with ease.

i hope that help :smile: :smile: Have fun and enjoy your stay at LD4all

Welcome morant FTW :smile:

Keep trying, it’ll come soon. When it does, if you just remember small details, write them down. It’ll help improve your recall even faster :colgate:
You could also try telling yourself “I will remember my dreams” a few times before going to sleep.

Good luck!

:wave: hello Windowlicker and morant FTW welcome to the ld4all community :grin:

Windowlicker … you may like to post in our lyrics thread and Muzic topic in lounge, there is also a Waking Life topic in lucidity centrestage :content:
I hope you enjoy your time here.

morant FTW … there is a big topic in the stuff forum Sticky: the BIG remembering dreams topic part V
The main things to do are …

• set the intention to remember your dreams before going to sleep.
  • keep a notepad and pen near the bed and write anything you rember from your dreams into it no matter how small (it will improve)
  • make sure you give yourself a few minutes when you first wake to just stay still in bed and try to recapture the dream thoughts
  • finally make sure you are getting enough sleep :wink:

Wow. Might be the lack of sleep? I also wake up quite a few times at night.

:welcome: morant FTW to the world of lucid dreaming!!!
Yes keep a dream journal up to date to increase your DR!

Hello! This is my first post here!

Lucid dreams always has been a natural thing for me had them very often as a younger child. But in later days i have them lesser often. But often get them when i think about it before i go to sleep and read topics here on ld4all before my sleep.
I have some problems when im trying to control my lucid dreams! I just cant do it!
Never tried anymore inducing methods than reality checks and before i knew what lucid dreams were i used them to determine if my dreams was a dream or “reality”.

Thats me.

:wave: hello mister12345, welcome to LD4all :happy:
:thud: never say, “I just can’t do it!”
I think a problem that may happen with natural lucid dreamers is that they have experienced lucidity from a young age but get used to just being aware in dreams and aren’t aware of what they actually can do. Since you can become lucid easily, you have a ready testing ground at night to develop your lucid powers. May be reading the monthly quest topics in the lucid adventures may give you ideas of what to try out.

I hope you enjoy your time here :smile:

:welcome: to ld4all mister12345!!!
I hope you find your stay here worthy of your time.

Thanks will try out this moons quest and trying to make music in my dreams! But later days i doesent have lucid dreams so often but i thhink thats becuse i doesnt think of them during the days. Becuse when i think of them much and try to do reality tests during the day, even if i dont do a reality test in my dream i usually get a lucid dream after a cuople of days. So i think ld4all can help me out on that point!

Hope you dont misunderstand something im from sweden so my english isnt to good.

Thanks!

Hello everyone! ^^ I am completely new to this forum, and I hope to be an active member here. I really want a lucid dream, and I have been practicing on having one for a long time now (maybe a year or so), but without satisfying results. I did have a few where I became lucid, but it was always so hazy and unclear, and I would stop being lucid a moment later. I desire at least one dream that is clear and vivid, and I can completely control and remember when I wake up. Then I would know what it’s truly like to lucid dream. :content: I am hoping this site can help assist me in my search for lucid dreaming! :happy:

-Kandri

:welcome: to LD4ALL Kandri
This forum will help you succeed in having a LD. It all just takes patience, practice, and devotion (right word?)

I hope you find your stay here worth your time.

My name is Riikka and I’m a girl in Finland. I am not really new here, as you can see… what brought me back? I think my life has gotten pretty boring as I’ve removed some old bad habits. I don’t have as many friends as I used to. I go to art school but most of my time I spend at home. I’ve started to remember more of my dreams. I really want to start having LDs and find out what kind of things I can do in them and how they can help me in my life.

This sounds a bit like me!

I’ve often been able to “rewind” in my dreams when something has gone wrong and then I do it again… or sometimes I can make the dream end by will. But I’m always following the “storyline” rather than breaking out and doing something that I really want to do. Especially last night! I was exhausted after doing a lot of annoying WORK in my dream. Writing something on a piece of paper for ages… and the text was changing so I had to write it again and again… So frustrating! :smiley:

Hello and welcome Valkyr! Thats exactly like me! Often im just follow the storyline. Not becuse i dont wont to break free, im always a bit dissapointed in the morning after a lucid dream which i followed the storyline in. Its just…yeah maybe to natural like moogle said!

Welcome mister12345!! :welcome: I think you will like it here. :smile: Good luck! :smile:

hi, im new here
im portuguese, i recently (2 months ago maybe less) read about LD 1st time, it was just by acident, but i got intrested in subject, 3 days ago (18 october) i had my 1st lucid dream (i think), it was weird, i just read about LD that 1st time and never bothered with subject again, but for some reason i made a RC in my dream (i looked at my hands and they had extra fingers and they moved in a funny way) so i tought “im dreaming i can do whatever i want” and then i decided to go have sex with a girl :tongue: (funny, was the 1st thing i remembered to do once i realized i was dreaming, sadly i lost consciousness sometime after, i remember some details tough, kinda “body structure”), after this i only remeber fragments (at some point i made other RC by looking at text more than once, i think i lost lucidity and then got it again) it was a LD right?

anyway, after this i searched on subject again and ended up on this site which seemed pretty cool.

EDIT:
im 15 year old by the way
EDIT2:
oh, the LD was by unintentional WBTB, i wake up earlie every day to go to school which is 16km from my house. that day i only had classes much later, so i went sleep to my grandma house, the trip took about 30mins and i had slept 5:30 hours or so during night.

sry if i give many writing errors…

Hey all just joined an hour or two ago, I only read about lucid dreams this afternoon and will be trying some techniques tonight.
Made my first post earlier

ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … highlight=

might give you a little insight of where my interest is driven from.

Im really glad to see the forum is very active was worried it might be another dead board forum with few active members, i’m really happy its not!

:wave: hello kandri, valkyr portuguese_dude and Irezumi :grin: welcome to LD4all

I’m sure you will get a great LD in the future kandri :happy: … just remember to have confidence in your abilities and to use commands and stabilising techniques when you become lucid :content:

welcome back valkyr, if you read some of the quests in the lucid adventures forum it may inspire you to do them in a lucid dream :thumbs:

:yay: congrats on your first lucid dream portuguese_dude :yay:
it is definitely a lucid dream if you are aware that it is a dream :happy:

:wave: Irezum, you posted at the same time I was posting :happy: … I did read your first post earlier :grin: :yes: we are active but the forum isn’t so large that members feel anonymous … if you post you soon make friends :happy:

I hope you all enjoy being members of the LD4all community :grouphug: