the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 54

hi :smile:
I’m no good at the whole introductory stuff…
I’ve always had weird sleeping habits, and sometimes LDs, although I never realised that’s what they are called.
I’ve also experienced sleep paralysis several times, and it still scares the hell out of me every time it happens.

oh, and I’m almost an insomniac, I like to sleep in fetal position, and with a pillow tucked between my knees. :content:
what can I say? - I’m weird, and proud of it. :happy:
(and I have a thing for smileys and emotes :woo: )

Hi everyone :wave:

I learned about LDs about two months ago (and started to try to have some… 2-3 so far, but very short and weird…)
I found this site some time ago, but didn’t dare to join before… :bored:

:wave: hello Mierin and Aino, welcome to the LD4all forum :grouphug:

Mierin, I always find introductions difficult too, since you don’t want to reveal too much about yourself to people you don’t know yet and so you hunt for something to say :help:
Since you love smilies … have you clicked the View more Emoticons link yet?
/me thinks pasQuale loves smilies too :grin:

The thing with SP is that you have to remember that the paralysis is temporary and that anything you see or feel isn’t real :content: We have a SP topic and also a BIG SP and Old Hag topic in the stuff forum :wiske:

Congrats on your success so far :yay: I hope you will post them in a post in the “My First LD Collection” topic in the dream journal forum or in your own DJ topic in that forum. It is always good to read about people’s first LD experiences :boogie:
I’m glad you finally got the courage to register with us :hurray: … I think this forum is one of the most friendly on-line communities around and so you should soon feel at home here :happy:

Hello, I’ve just joined yesterday. I’ve been interested in lucid dreaming for a while, and I’ve been keeping a dream journal. I’ve spontaneously had a few lucid dreams, but I’d like to be able to increase a the frequency a bit more, so that I can begin to relax and have more fun with them. I’m starting by clearing my mind of any negative thoughts, and convincing myself that I WILL have a lucid dream tonight.

First name: Ben
Interests outside of dreaming: Philosophy, science, math, cartooning, comedy, writing, art, technology, psychology. I’m fairly certain there are others.
Preferred Reality Check: Looking back and figuring out how I got where I am now. It forces me to be more mindful in everyday life. I’m often surprised how difficult it is to remember exactly what happened over the previous hour or so.

-Holycow81 (Ben)

Hi everyone :smile:

I found this site through casual conversation with someone on a gaming irc channel(yes im a big geek and damn proud :smile: ) Then after reading about lucid dreaming, it seemed so awesome i had to learn how. I have never had one, and rarely remember my dreams, but hopefully I can change that soon.

oh yeah… and my name is Teddy and im 17… nice to leave out the actual introduction
some interests: playing jazz trumpet, computer programming, learning about science, gaming

:wave: hello holycow81 and tkrulewich, welcome to the LD4all community :smile:

:eh: I hope you decide to post your previous LDs in our dream journal forum :content:

Oh, I think you will be a fan of our garden of creation too, since you list in your interests - writing and art :grin:

:wiske: I’m not sure anyone has found us by that before :eh: … I think you should definitely post in the Sticky: [ Poll ] How did you get here? Part II topic :grin:

just wanting to remember your dreams and setting the intention to remember them can work wonders :boogie: Keeping a Dream Journal is a good idea and also allowing your self 5 minutes or so in the mornings to try to recall dreams instead of just jumping out of bed :eh:

/me wishes you both luck in your lucid quests :thumbs:

Hi, my name is Maigan. I’m from Oklahoma. I learned about LD like a month ago. I’ve been keeping a DJ and last night I think I had my first LD. The only problem was I quickly lost lucidity… Still, it’s exciting!

Good morning, I’m wannabe lucid dreamer from Lithuania. Right now I’m holding on WBTB technique. It is 06:39 AM and I still have 21 minute before I get back to sleep :smile:

Lots of newbies, welcome everyone.

Hello kugelis & thebunni :hugs:

I hope you enjoy your stay here :colgate:

Im sure you’ll love it, and it will definently help you with you lucid dreaming, it helped me, and from joining ive had 4 LDs and an outer body experience! :woo:

Let me know if theres anything you need help with, i can send you a few links to some useful topics on techniques to help you etc - that goes for all new members :content:

Enjoy your time here :aww:

Harriot :wink: x

I was sure I had already done a welcome post :confused:

:welcome: welcome to LD4all, thebunni and kugelis :grouphug:

thebunni, I just looked and you didn’t post your first LD experience anywhere… when I found the other mention it was just saying about having a LD [LINK] It would be great if you posted it in the big My First LD Collection or in a personal dream journal in the dream journal forum :smile:

kugelis,

WBTB really makes it more likely to become lucid. So even if it doesn’t work at first … just keep trying and it will happen :yay:

I hope you both enjoy your time on LD4all :grin:

Well I would have, but it was rather short lived and I don’t remember what happened after I lost lucidity. And I was only lucid for what seems like a few minutes. So it wasn’t much of a story to post! =]

Hello,
My name is Casey. I have had a few lucid dreams that I can remember. A couple before I knew what it was called, and a couple since. I’m joining this community to… I guess “fortify” my dreaming ability, strengthen it, and hopefully develop as a dreamer. I enjoy discussing dreams, the dream world, and lots of dream related things.

Nice to meet you all!

:wave: hello Dimitrius, welcome to the LD4all community. I think you will get a lot of inspiration and ideas from being a LD4all member :content:

If you have any questions about where to find something just pm one of the moderators or indeed any active LD4all member (we are all willing to help new-comers find their feet :smile: )

i just started researching on LD last week and am soooooooooooooo amazed. i mean we always had all the answers but just needed to wake up!!! lol am so glad i started researching on google! i love GOOGLE!! :smile: and dream journals i used to hear and read about all the time but thought why i dont need one! but now i know how fun and useful they can be. :smile: i love LD and will try to have fun everynight. :wink:

Hello, astral_kitkat here.
I am 19, and live in the US. I have recently (about 3-6 months) been interested in LD, AP, and OOBE and eventually found this awesome site. :smile:
Umm, I’m not really good with introductions so I will just leave it at that…(very shy :peek: ).
Anyways, glad to be here!

:welcome: hello soulconsole and astral_kitkat, welcome to the LD4all community :grouphug:

soulconsole, I hope you decide to keep an on-line dream journal in the DJ forum> I feel it is easier to keep motivated when you have the support and advice of an whole forum behind you :content:

astral_kitkat, I’m sure you will feel comfortable here before too long and lose that shyness :happy: Due to your interest in AP and OOBE you will probably like our Beyond Dreaming and Spiritual Corner forums :smile:

Good luck with your lucid quests :thumbs:

This is like gaiaonline. lol well send me a pm if you wish to befriend me.

Hello :wave:

I’m Peridot, and I am a major lucid dreamer . I have many dreams in which they are extremely vivid and lucid.
Anyways, I found the forum 'cause I was looking around for constructed languages and found this site.

Glad to be here :content:

PERIDOT

:welcome: hello AmaratheUnknown, welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here :grin:

:welcome: hello Peridot

That’s an unusual way to find us … you must have googled up My constructed language - Come and contribute! :eh: We do have quite a few interesting topics about subjects other than lucid dreaming and dreaming :content: . I wonder how many others have been brought to LD4all through one of these topics
:thumbs: I’ve already read your dream journal, it’s great that you decided to begin one immediately. :yay: