the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 57

welcome Torbosk! Good luck on this site! you’ll need it! :tongue:

Thanks everybody,

Yes moogle, i joined the dutch speaking community as well. But i like to practise my english skills, so i think i’ll be hanging around here most of the time. Plus this board has more members, so i’ll probably get more response to my questions or ideas.

Welkom, again. :tongue:

:welcome: Torbosk to ld4all, I hope youll like the english part as well :thumbs:

Good luck with your LD’s :smile:

Hey! I’m new here. I read about lucid dreams on another forum and got a link here.
I’m 17, from Norway. I live near Oslo, the capital and I love it. I have a sleeping disorder called Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome so sleep is a big deal in my life… so why not try to make the best out of it?

I think I’ve had lucid dreams before, but I wasn’t really sure what to do with them. Once I thought “wow I’m dreaming! I can do wathever I want” and another time I was just worried I’d wake myself up cus it was such a nice dream (I was on a pink cloud with Robbie Williams… what can I say? :tongue:), but they weren’t really like someone explain here. I think it’s easier when you’re really aware of what a lucid dream is.

So looking forward to get to know some new people :smile:
When I’m awake I’m a bit of a geek even tho I do’t go to school. I learn new languages, alphabets and geography. I think my life motto would have to be “you always learn” cus in anything I do, I want to learn something. In good and bad experiences, I try to write down a conclusion, to remember what I’ve learned so it wasn’t a complete waste of time.

Hi and welcome, Linaria :cool:

I have a feeling that you know a bit about flowers too? Nice to see another Norwegian in here!

I don’t know very much about flowers to be honest, but Linaria Vulgaris is my favourite ^^
Every summer I go on a Linaria hunt :happy:

It’s nice to hear that someone likes that flower. The last flower guy I dated said it was ugly :cry: :tongue:

edit: btw, this icon looks very dramatic :cry: haha

:welcome: hello Linaria, welcome to LD4all :content:

:eek: How could he say it was an ugly flower? :sad: it looks really pretty in your avatar.

:welcome: Torbosk and Linaria
and have fun :thumbs:

Hello. :welcome:

Good Luck with the LDs and I hope you enjoy being here. :colgate:

hello. i am crooked. i just recently got interested in lucid dreaming, but i feel that i might have experienced them before.

one- i had a very long dream, involving a haunted house. i realized it was all a
dream, but i went along with the storyline because i didn’t really know much
about lucidness.

two- there have been times when i am just starting to fall asleep…and then all of a sudden, my body would jump, like a giant shock went through me, and then i’m wide awake. i had no idea what caused this.

three- i’ve actually been browsing this forum for a couple days now. i tried to have a lucid dream just last night, and it half worked. i tried the WBTB + the MILD technique, and for that, i wanted in my dream to appear in a large, empty white room, sort of like a blank piece of paper. it almost worked. i had three normal dreams, two of which took place in large white rooms.

four- as i said in three, i had three dreams last night, and i can remember them almost perfectly, so i figure i should be able to get the hang of lucid dreaming soon. hopefully.

i have two questions:

one- the normal dreams i had last night, i should’ve been able to realize they were dreams, but i didn’t. :cry: so, does anyone have any good reality checks, because i’m not so good at remembering to do them.

two- has anyone ever tried to go to another person’s dream? i’m thinking it would be cool to see what my family dreams about…unless i really don’t want to know. :open_mouth:

i’m trying a RC now: every time i look at the clock, i’ll count my fingers and test my vision [since i wear glasses, and everything is blurry without them].

and that’s all. thanks for reading, and i hope we can become best friends. :tongue:

:welcome: crooked, we are already best friends :razz:

I hope youll find answers to your questions here :colgate:

Dont forget to drop by playground :tongue:

And good luck :smile:

hello crooked :wave: welcome to ld4all :smile:

you are best using a RC that is easy enough for you to remember to do during the day. Your current one is a good one to start off with :thumbs:
In pathways, we have a “big RC topic” and “new RCs invent!” you may like to browse those topics.

sorry. i edited my post asking this question, but i was afraid nobody would see it.

pardon my repeatingness. ;D

shared dreaming is quite rare and some even doubt it exists.
There is a shared dreaming topic in beyond dreaming
The Big Shared Dreaming Topic - Part III
A group of members are attempting to share dreams on sky island
Chroniclers Dream Diary
The Chroniclers Part V
If you search in the beyond forum there are probably other topics about ‘invading dreams’

Hey everyone, another new guy here, happychappy.

After a vivid false awakening a few months ago during a recruiting trip for work in a different city, I decided to try to teach myself how to lucid dream. It’s been about 6 weeks, and I have good dream recall (2 or 3 / night) but so far, no dice on the lucid dreams. I’m trying really hard not to try too hard - hahhaha. Anyway, love the site - lots of enthusiastic people and good info.

Talk to you soon

:wave: hello happychappie

It will happen. :happy:

WBTB (Wakebacktobed) when combined with another method really increases the chance of becoming lucid. :thumbs: Also, if you are prone to FAs, it may be an idea to carry out a RC everytime you wake up.

Ah ha - now why didn’t I think of that…Thanks!

Hey there everyone! New here to LD4all. I’ve been into lucid dreaming for about 1 year 4 months. It’s some crazy process! I started out at dreamviews, but this forum seems a wee bit better after checking it out a few times.
I’ve recently had an amazing experience with my first unintentional WILD. So, it gave me a new confidence with LDing. WILD’s have always been my weak spot. Hopefully I can master this technique with your help! Nice to meet you all.

Hey i’m new here also. i have been looking around the fourm for about a week and finally joined. I made a DJ and in really helped in recall. Cant wait untill im LD’ing. :smile: