the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic part 59

This is Part 59 of the big “Hi I’m New Here” topic. The previous part can be found here. All links to previous parts including the “shake hands” topics can be found in this post.
Keeping all the intros in one topic prevents us from having thousands of individual “hello, I’m New” topics and keeps the forum from getting cluttered up. :content: Anyone is welcome to post here :user: , new and old members. So don’t be shy :peek: , we don’t bite :wolfbite: .
(please remember to not carry on long chatspeak conversations in here, we have a wonderful private message system, chatroom and playground for that :thumbs: )

Hey guys!

I watched “Waking Life” a few days ago and was fascinated by it and it made want to have lucid dreams really badly. I googled lucidity and this was the first website I found, and I’ve been looking around the site and have now decided to join!

Glad to be here!

Hello everybody!
I’ve been practicing lucid dreaming for quite a while, I guess it started as a method to escape nightmares when i was a child. I never had any guides or teachers so i had to develop my own methods, most of which are based on various mnemonic technics.
I usually depend on in-dream reality check although I had some WILD experiences.
It was really nice to find a site fully dedicated to lucid dreaming. Although I’m hardly a forum person ( read “lazy”) I will try to have good time here.

Btw, my name is Nikita and i’m from Russia.

Hey everybody out there

My Name is Peter and I´m from Austria(Yes, this small country nearby germany :grin:
Actually I dont know why I joined the forum but maybe I get more LDs when I explore the whole website…

See you around

P.S.: I hope my sentences are not as bad as I think …^^

:welcome: hello SylverX, Todey, KoPz, Joezilla, Mabeso and Plaikas :grouphug: welcome to LD4all

:grin: yes, the DJ forum is open to you now … plus the gathering etc. Plus the best thing about joining is that you can interact too :happy:
Good luck with the LDs :thumbs:

Well better late than never :wink: and indeed the atmosphere here is quite unique, very friendly and welcoming and new people soon settle in and become ‘one of the gang’ I hope you have some great dreams too :content:

There are some big topics about SP and the old hag in the stuff forum, there is also a SP as a gateway to LDs in the pathways forum.
Dream journals are good because if dreams aren’t recorded even LDs are eventually forgotten or the details become more and more vague. It’s nice to look back on the accounts and you remember everything from the dream when you reread it at a later date. :happy:

:wave: Joezilla, there is a waking life topic in lucidity centerstage. It’s amazing how many people first started thinking about LDs due to that film :content:

:lol: forums aren’t hard work :smile: and I’m sure you will have a good time here :grin:

Because we are irresistible? :happy: Well you will benefit from reading about the experiences of other dreamers and get tons of inspiration for things to do in LDs :smile:

I hope you all enjoy your time at LD4all :smile:

Hello Everyone,

Pretty excited to be here, I remember when I was younger(around 8 or 9) I use to experience lucid dreams all the time, ofcourse back then it wasn’t really a big deal to me. I’m 14 now, and my dreaming has gone dry, me being constantly busy during the day, i can barely remember my dreams in the morning. I’m hoping to regain those dreams, also, Hello to everyone, hope to meet you soon, bla bla bla, :smile:

:wave: hello Sol[D]reams, welcome to LD4all :content:

Since you had LDs when younger it should be quite easy to start getting them again after a little work on your recall :thumbs:

Hey everyone! ^^
i come form the dutch forums. And… my English is not so great, so i hope you will understand me :cool:
My name is Alissa, 14 years old and a girl.
i’m dreaming lucid since this year, thanks to ld4all :grin: It’s going pretty good with the lucid dreams so i decided to come to the english forums :3

welcome to the other side, Alissa :content:

Thanx Q, :content:

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiii hellooooooo Blacky!
Euh…
I mean,
Alissa! :tongue: :grin:

:lol: Thanx Drya. Nice to see you here too :smile: :tongue: :tongue:

/me waves to Alissa :wave:
I hope you enjoy your time on this side as much as you did on the the dutch side :smile:

:wave: Alissa!
:lol: Drya
PS: Join the Challenge it will be fun!

Hi there!

I’m new here at LD4All, but have had about 5-6 lucid dreams before via DILD. I stopped for a while (due to lack of motivation) but now I’m absolutely positive about it and want to start doing it again!

(I was going to post this earlier, but IE8 obviously doesn’t like phpBB’s reply box and then I had to go out :eh: )

I am Nikolai, and have the specific goal of becoming lucid in my dreams, every time I go to bed, so sleeping is fun. I, like many others, wish to be able to fly, speed on motorcycles in deserts, and just make nightmares into parties (though in real life I don’t like ‘parties’ or ‘clubbings’)

It makes me very happy to see that there are other dreamers out there!

I’ve had lucid dreams my entire life, starting about as early as I can remember. I always thought it was a part of life, so imagine my surprise when I mentioned it one night in front of my parents and sister only to get a look like I had an extra head growing out of my neck. Apparently flying around and doing anything you want in your dreams while being completely aware is not as normal as I thought. In fact, I am the only person out of everyone that I know that has this ability. Those of us who can lucid dream truly do have a gift.

Dreams have always helped me to understand my deepest thoughts and issues in life. Long before I ever read any literature on dreaming, I inherently knew all about dream signs, methods for becoming and staying lucid, dream interpretation, etc. All of my friends and my sister know that if they need a dream interpreted that they should come to me. I amaze them with the way I am able to piece the puzzle pieces together. Of course, I know these people and where they are on their paths, which is important- and I also know that how they FEEL during the dream is even more important. Dream interpretation is almost entirely subjective, but I do believe that if an objective point of view resonates with the dreamer, then that point of view was meant to be heard and has some way of helping with the interpretation.

Needless to say, dreaming is one of my favorite hobbies and learning experiences. I’m not sure why I waited so long to see if any other dreamers were out there, but there is a correct time for everything. I am very happy to get to know all of you and I truly hope that we can help eachother along the way to becoming fully aware, which is my ultimate goal in dreams as well in life.

hi everyone, the reason why I joined this forum is to make more of a commitment for myself to succeed in lucid dreaming. Right now I get one about every 10 nights. I hope to improve that number, and the length of the dream. :happy:

And by that I mean that this is likely the first time I’ve ever posted on a “Hi, I’m new here” forum. However, that’s probably since most places don’t have only one topic for it. :content:

I’ve had lucid dreams before, but not many as of late. I had most of my nightmares and lucid/partially lucid dreams when I was smaller. I’ve had mostly low-level lucidity, usually revealing itself as, “Oh, I’m dreaming. I can do whatever I want now,” then letting that awareness get away. Other times the dream will get a little creepy for me and I’ll have a random thought of, “Oh good, it’s just a dream. I’ll be fine when I wake up.” I don’t remember if I’ve had much more than that while being lucid, but I hope to change that. I may have started more recently to recognize the hypnagogic state; though I’m not sure. Most of the time I refer to them as hallucinations, as they’ve originated from a dream and followed me out as I woke up, but the last ones I don’t remember; though the same image has shown up two or three times a night before. Unfortunately they end up scaring me and the last night it happened my mom heard me yelling, “No, no, no!” at one. :lol:

Oh well… I guess that’s why I’m here. :content: Nice to meet you all!

oops … I must apologise for the late welcome, I’ve become slightly addicted to mafia wars :shy:

:wave: hello Dark Eagle, therealfolkblues, FREEwoman, Wild Night and ZRVera :grin: welcome to LD4all :grouphug:

If you haven’t done it already … write down those LDs so when motivation wanes a little you can re-read them and get inspired again :boogie:

We have had quite a few LD4all parties (usually around Christmas or the forum’s anniversary) as lucid quests in the past :content: , I hope you can join one of our future ones. :partying_face:

We sometimes have members asking for interpetations in the stuff forum and it’s always interesting to read other’s dreams and maybe spot symbolism in the dream.

It must feel good to finally be able to talk about lucid experiences with others who have experienced it too :content:

Good luck Wild night :thumbs:

:yes: It feels odd to me when I visit forums where every new member can start an introduction thread.

:grin:
You should find it fairly easy to build on your current LD ability and be able to do more with your lucidity :content:

I hope you all enjoy your time on LD4all :content: and in your dreams :dream:

Hey…I’m new here. I’ve been looking at this site for years, but I haven’t actually participated in the forums yet.

It’s been 2-3 years since I put some serious effort into LDing and got my dream recall up to 3-4 dreams per night. But I’ve been having really awesome dreams lately, so I want to get back into it. :smile: