the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 62

hello my name is Mark and I discovered ld4all earlier today. I have become increasingly interested in dreaming in recent months. I am also very heavily into the spiritual mod edit. I became very interested in lucid dreaming when a few weeks ago mod edit, please read the forum guidelines i decided that my mind was strong enough to enter my dreamworld consciously. I had never heard of this before but I seemed convinced that it was possible. Until early today i had never seen anything about this sort of dreaming. I was amazed to read about things I experienced that night with no previous knowledge. I was almost successful in achieving my goal but I decided to go to the bathroom and messed up my entire sleep for that night. Since then I have had very intense dreams in which I can no longer ignore. I am in a transition state of my life where I have plenty of free time and no longer need to wake up at 5 am every day ha. I have decided to start a Dream Journal and begin focusing more time on dream researching and doing reality checks as often as possible, maybe ill re-read this just to make sure I’m not dreaming now… we’re good. I look forward to talking with all of you and discussing inter workings of each others minds.

Hello people !

I’m also new around here. I’ve been knowing ld4all website for a year or so. I have had a few LD’s 'till now so kinda know how things work. The hardest thing that, in my oppinion, is the WILD techlique. I try it every night but I never manage it. To go conciously in a dream ? Very weird and very hard. I guess only the most experienced LD-ers can do that.

I’ve had about 4 LD’s by now, and everytime I became lucid all of a sudden. That’s what I don’t like… I want to become lucid all by my own through RC’s and stuff like that. I have this thing which, I thing, is keeping me from having more often LD’s: I have this thaught every night “What if I won’t be able to be come lucid ? What if I won’t be able to controll my dream ? What if, what if, what if ?” I don’t know how to get rid of this thaughts… but I guess everyone has had such experiences at first, ain’t that right ?

I really hope I can improve everything in my LD’s. And I really really hope to reapir my problem with the “graphics” in my dreams. They are the biggest problem. If I get rid of those problems perhaps I’ll gain even more confidece in myself…

Here’s a link to more details of my problem. Perhaps you could help me :shy:Unclear dreams

Welcome Don Anonymous to the community! :welcome:
Well, look at it that way, you wanted to get lucid, and you’re getting lucid on a consistent basis; besides, that’s pretty much the most common way I get lucid too, and that’s not nearly a problem :wink: so I’'d recommend being happy and grateful about the LD’s you get, since a positive attitude goes a long way ^^
And for the "What if"s… they usually hinder your experience, so the sooner you drop them, the better :smile: confidence is a large factor for dreams, and more self-confidence is the prescription for more and better LD’s :content:

I guess this is a sort of belated I’m new here sort of thing. I am heavily interested in meditation, and expansion of consciousness, and low and behold, LD’s fit right into this category. Right now I am doing heavy conceptual work about the structure of the universe, subtle energies, how electromagnetic fields(and subtle energetic fields, i.e. torsion fields) change nature of quarks, and raise their oscillatory frequency. I have made a couple podcasts, that are free, at moto.podomatic.com that explains a little about this, and am going to go into more depth in later podcasts. I decided I was to be a scientist at the age of 5, and 8 my main work I decided was to study the human psyche. And so now I am still continuing that study :smile:. Hehe, 11 years in and I have gone much, however, it is mostly conceptual as it is easier to deal with. I am a great visualizer, and am doing well with VILD’s, as I confused them with WILD’s(didn’t know that you didn’t have to see anything to enter the dreamstate, although sometimes you do have the morphing hypnogogic hallucinations at first). My area of expertise is NOT dreams, but rather the ability to translate conceptual knowledge into english so that it can be relayed efficiently. This conceptual knowledge I download from the “Akashkic records” or what I refer to as the CCC, Collective, Cosmic, Consciousness. Or an easier term GOD. However, that is more philisophic in nature rather than scientific which is why I tend to avoid it because it activates different concepts in different people. So I’m going to stick with CCC. In any case, so far I have had 2 VILD’s, 1 WILD, 1DILD, and this is just since I joined this forum in the last 3 weeks or so. Before this, what really got me interested in the dream world(because before this I was only mildly interested, and did expansions of consciousness and awareness in the waking via concentration, breathing techniques, and certain focusing, which has given me great mental prowess, and other powers :smile: ) was a dream in which I was HIGHLY lucid, spontaneously. Those in my book are the best. A sword appeared on my hip, katana style, and I knew it was used for slicing open dimensions. This was 3 years ago, but I remember it clear as day to this day. This has queued me on to a bunch of topics, one Tibetan Dream Yoga. We are not the first in this quest. But anyways, theres my intro, and much more to come. Namaste, and continue pioneering !!!

Thanks tosxyChor ! You guys really made me feel “wellcomed” and accepted around here as a newbie :hugs: Thanks for reading my posts and helping me out with some of my problems with LDing ! I am truly grateful. :aww:

Hey I’m Bria and I’m new here and I used to have accidental LD as a kid. I never really knew what they were until today, when I stumbled upon this website looking for information on SP. I love spiritual stuff like astrology, meditation, palm reading, etc. and the idea of lucid dreams fascinates me. Hopefully I can someday become a successful lucid dreamer.

:welcome: hello Mark-E-mark, Don Anonymus, iammoto and pink0ballo0n

I’m sure you will all enjoy your time here, it’s a great community with a lot of interesting topics :happy:

so dive in and enjoy :boogie:

What’s up folks. I’m stoked to be finally joinin this community and actually chasin after some lucid dreams. I found this site and read the guide a very very long time ago, at least two years, and was interested but not really enough to get active in trying to achieve a lucid state. But recently since i’ve started along the path of self development and exploration through meditation, I remembered LD4all and figured there’d be no better way to achieve a better understanding of the self then through dream analyzing and using lucid dreaming as a tool to determine the root of dream signs and possibly exploring many other facets of my life. and of course lucid dreaming is just straight up fascinating and sounds more than a lil thrilling.
Lookin forward to gettin to know you all and hopefully stepping a little out of the mundane and into the magic that is lucidity.

WELCOME Mark,
pink0ballo0n, iammoto and Don!! =D

Enjoy your stay!

God Speed boys and girls! ^^

:wave: hello distracted :happy:
Glad you finally decided to start on the quest for lucid dreams. A side effect of this is often better recall. So you will also have a lot more normal dreams to ponder about :wink: You will be amazed at your first LD :smile:

Celine is my little name and I’m very glad to find a community forum dedicated to LD. For as long as I could remember, I’ve had various moments of lucidity in my dreams that I don’t have the need to count them everytime. Mostly, it happens when I wake up slightly in the morning AND then fall asleep quickly. I hope that this site will give me ideas on what to do in my dreams :smile:

Welcome, WidgetOtaku :cool: that is usually how I get my lucid dreams too. I hope you will find all the useful information you want here, my experience is that the people here are very nice and helpful :cool_laugh:

Hey, I’m a very new member! Found the guide and signed up last night and had my first attempt at having a lucid dream. It failed epically, haha. But even so, I’m going to continue to try having as many LDs as I can. I’m a wannabe artist but my creativity isn’t all that great. I’ve always been inspired most by my dreams and so if I could explore and experience more of my dreams with lucidity I hope to artistically blossom with new inspirations and ideas. I’ve just finished high school so I’ve months of free time!
Anyway, just letting everyone know I excist.

OH and one more thing - I don’t know if it’s just the URL of my avatar or not but I’ve checked the size of my intended avatar and it’s 100x100 and under 10KB by 0.72. Even so, when I submit it the avatar is invalid because it’s 15KB, apparently. Any advice? Oh, I use photobucket.com to host my intended avatar.

Hello I’m Garrett. I’m 14 years old and have recently decided to learn more about lucid dreaming. I’ve heard about it before but now I’ve become a lot more interested in it. Before I had started to get into lucid dreaming I had been keeping a dream journal by coincedence. I feel like i can have a lucid dream sometime soon. I’ve come hear to report my experience last night with the WILD technique. Now ik thats ambitious for a “noob” here at LD4all but I’m just an ambitious person I guess. So I set my alarm clock and that night I had a dream about lucid dreaming but never actually realized I was dreaming. I woke up and got on LD4all.com and listened to some techno for 30-40 minutes. Then I lied down and relaxed and started counting. At about 60-70 I started to feel very numb around my arms and hands. I heard a ringing noise get louder and then quieter repeatedly. My eyes were twitching and my heart started pounding. But that is the farthest I got. I stayed like that for another 10 minutes and no improvement. Only my arms an hands were numb. Considering I’ve decided only two days ago to learn about lucid dreaming and try to lucid dream, and considering this is my first WILD attempt, I think I did pretty well. But I’m just wondering if I did something wrong or if there are some ways to improve my chances next time.

:welcome: welcome to LD4all Soel :smile:
You may like to post some of your creative stuff in garden of creation (or even fruits of lucidity when you get something based on a LD :happy: )

If you post the url to your avatar in the avatar FAQ in the helpdesk forum we may be able to see what is causing the problem.

Hi, my name’s Kayla and im 15, i’m new to the forum.
I had my first lucid dream yesterday, and ever since i’ve been reading about it, this site seems very helpful and interesting. I’ve been apart of forums before, so i’m pretty familiar with that.

Merged into Big Topic :ysim:

Welcome to LD4all Kayfire, and congrats on your first LD.
:wave:

thanks, yeah my first lucid dream wasn’t much, but i was still in awe lol.
it was weird, like, i was in this empty parking lot late at night, and then i went into realization, “i’m dreaming…” then i was in my dream, and i made this shadowed person appear on my own, and it was running in whatever direction, then i’m like, “okay…i want to wake up now” and then i woke up in my dream…and fell back asleep in my dream…then woke up in my dream again, then i finally woke up in real life…

hello garrett, welcome to the forum :happy: I don’t use WILD myself but it sounds to me like you just need to keep trying you did well for your first attempt. We have a lot of topics on WILDing in the quest forum plus WILD - An user friendly tutorial and The WILD FAQ in the knowledgebase forum.

Good luck :thumbs: … remember to post in the big first LD collection topic when you get one :smile:

:welcome: hello kayfire
congrats on your first LD! :cheer:

Hello there.I have 15 years,had my first lucid dream years ago,but didn’t know anything about them :eh: I started my DJ one month ago,and I’ve had like 15 so far (if I include those short few seconds of lucidity and then waking up…).And I joined LD4all to know how are other fellow lucid dreamers going. :happy: