the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 66

Its pronounced “joe-cap” … nothing to do with jokes :smile: But thanks, I’m really looking forward to my LDs! :smile:

Hey everybody!
I was hanging with my friend when i saw a advertisement on some game we were playing for lucid dreaming. When i got home I googled it and became instantly interested, And Realized I have had a few lucid dreams in my past. I am going to try and be able to have a lucid dream while realizing what it is.

Welcome Eskimo!

we hope you succeed!

jokep: good luck! And pardon my joke! :tongue:

Welcome Eskimo,
Hope you’ll enjoy :smile:

Hello, my name is Michael.
(and looking over this now, this is way too tl;dr, short story is re; :smile:hi again), long story is who, what and why)

…here goes…
I’ve discovered this place (ld4all) back in 2007, after a period of looking for new fields of interest.
back then I practiced effectively for a few weeks, over the course of which my dream recall increased significantly (0.5->3~4 dreams/night) and i even managed to get one low level lucid dream, of course by then keeping up a dream journal was getting pretty tedious, and one way or another, I’ve put off attaining lucidity to a “better time”.
well, back then i was in high-school, and now I’m a student in a university… where i can honestly say i have far, far less free time then i used to have.
on the other hand, i hope that I’ve managed to get my priorities in life straight(er) and thus become more aware of my major goals, and as a student I have much more flexibility regarding my free time. (plus i have the benefit of heaving recently expended most of my distractions/timesinks)

of course i hardly would have seriously considered starting practicing towards lucidity again had it not been for a certain dream a few months ago:
after a semester of very erratic sleep pattens heaving a dream recall of ~1 dream every week, I wake up one morning with the fresh memories of (at least) four distinct stories/dreams, where one of them is a dream within another, with the inner being lucid towards the outer (and the fourth panning out as a sort of memory). I was so surprised and amazed that i actually wrote it down (took better part of an hour that), the reason I didn’t restart training then and there, was because it was the middle of a session (“test season”) and, well, here be excuses not relevant to the point.

the “point” being: I have time to spare now, and while i can hardly expect said free time to last (test seasons being what they are), the best way to work towards the “be lucid” goal of my life (as far as i can see), is to start working on it. (may seem trivial the “to achieve a goal one needs to start it” connection, at least to me it is one of the least simple steps to take)
so this brings me to my current plans; nothing major for now, just attain the dream recall i had in '07, and start working on ‘thought regulation’ when falling asleep if i have the time for it.

as far as i know myself, I’m not one to actively participate in forum-type social structures (hell, i originally registered here only because i had one pressing question), so don’t expect to hear a lot from me.
on the other hand, you may reasonably expect 5 page essays (much like this one) at 3~4 AM (my time) should the mood strike, and perhaps an update somewhere when I reach my current goal and set the next one, and lastly, should i for some reason decide to put attaining lucidity on hold again, I’ll try to leave a note this time.

besides that, you may reasonably expect me to stalk this place over the next few weeks. (and if I manage to figure out how the hell IRC works, maybe say hi)

ultimately, attaining lucid dreaming is one of my life goals (on par with major education) and has been pretty much since I’ve heard of the possibility, and whether i actually get around to the ‘attain’ part depends on who I am on a basic level, one with which I’m not familiar enough to give a definite answer right now.

so, until then, re.

(just want to say, I am truly sorry for this wall of text, hope you forgive me)

Welcome back Michael :wave:
And it isn’t a wall of text unless you forget to use paragraphs :wink:
It was interesting to read about why you decided to come back to the forum and continue your quest for LDs and I hope to get to know you this time around.

Hi :smile: My name is Evaline, and im new here.
I’m not new to lucid dreaming though… I’ve always had great dream recall, I remember my dreams (sometimes up to 3-10 different/night) and my dreams are always extremely detailed.

I don’t think i’ve ever succeeded to have a complete lucid dream, but i’ve “fallen into” lucidity a few times. It doesnt happen that often though, maybe just 2 times a month, most around full moon.
I often realize that I’m dreaming because of what’s happening is “too good to be true” or just really weird. And that’s when i “wake up” in my dream and become lucid, can control it and stuff…
I’ve only succeeded with going to sleep, and going lucid immediately once, which was awesome, it was also one of the clearest lucid dreams i’ve had :smile:.

Hi im also new here and my name is Alex. Im from Canada and when i stumbled across lucid dreaming i thought, “wow this is pretty ill”. Since then, (about a week ago) I have been able to recall atleast 1 dream every night which is good for me because I generally never remembered my dreams. Last night i was very close to a lucid dream where i remembered to do a RC and as soon as i realised it was a dream i guess i got too excited and i got swooped out of the dream before i could keep focus on that thought. I found myself in another dream where i thought i was awake which lasted about a minute until i really had awaken. It was a close attempt at a lucid dream but it only inspires me to keep trying. :content:

:welcome: Hello Evaline and The New Frontier, welcome to LD4all.

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting here. I’m still a novice at lucid dreaming, but I’ve got the dream recall down pat. My lucid experiences usually last only a few minutes and with little control, although I can glide pretty well and conjure small items. Honestly, I think it’s a good start.

Anyone into transforming? It’s something I’m trying to accomplish in LDs, but I’m not having much luck. I read Wyvern’s thread already, too. Are there any other current topics that discuss this ability?

Welcome to the forum, Ziv! :wave:

You’ll get better at LDs as you practice. It does sound like a good start! Were you talking about Wyvern’s DJ or a topic by him? He’s a great one to ask about transformation. You can search the forum to see if there’s any other topics about transformation, but you can always visit our IRC room too if you have questions! There’s usually at least someone around to talk to. :tongue: If it’s quiet for a bit though, just stick around. It happens sometimes, but we’ll be there, and we’ll be happy to answer questions!

Again, welcome!

Hi Ziv, like I said on IRC, this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. :tongue:

Welcome Ziv!
Happy to see you took an interest in my Transformation topic. ^^
I’ll get around to finishing it eventually.

/me loves to transform

Hope you enjoy yourself around here.

Hi there :smile: My name is Zoë and I’m 16. I’ve been working on lucid dreaming for about a year now I’ve had around 10. This is a really cool forum! :happy: I can’t wait to get to know everyone! I’m really open and I’ll talk about anything, send a message my way, I’d love to talk :content:

:welcome: Zoë to ld4all, Im glad you like this forum :cool: it will be a pleasure to know you as well, and there is always IRC if you like chitchatting :cool_raz:

Hi everybody

I’m uh, no actually, I do not want to say, so I’ll say I’m Dr.Trax, but you can call me Trax.

I am French so I use google translate (if you do not understand, we must go after him.

Otherwise I’m 34 and I’m interested in dreams for 14 years (and as I am in no subtraction I let you have it) and more particularly lucid dreams last ten years, I knew this forum for a long time already by someone else in my family but I was just reading … In fact, I ttoujours not much to say, so I’ll spend my time trying to help those who need it with my very bad english (thank you google).

I have many books on this subject and in fact … Inception through it that I went back to thinking about it. So good, uh, hello!

Welcome to LD4all Dr. Trax :welcome:

Let us know if you have any questions about lucid dreams.

And you might want to check this out, it’s the temporary thread for our French forum: Réfugiés français ?

Edit: and here is the link for the temporarily locked French forum

In the meantime, let us know if we can do anything to answer questions for you :content:

hello everybody i am new :smile: if you like you may add me to msn messenger i like talking about dreams

Welcome! :wave:

Ooh, are you an alien too? :lmao:

Hi!
I’ve been in the IRC channel already, so I’ve met a few of you.

:smile: