the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 70

Hello everyone !

Where can I start… Well, I’m a seventeen year old guy that loves music (I’m pretty open about it as I don’t restrict myself to one genre but I do prefer rock a bit), anime, books, writing, movies (Especially Akira Kurosawa, Martin Scorsese, and Christopher Nolan) and dreaming (Mainly daydreaming for now).

I’m not exactly new to the whole Lucid Dreaming business, I first started to keep a dream journal when I was thirteen after I got really curious about Lucid Dreaming, I probably had 20+ Lucid dreams but sadly I only remember a fraction of those dreams and I’ve lost all record. I also used to frequent the french ld4all forum two years ago, but I had lost interest after it closed.

These last 5/6 weeks I’ve had about 3 lucid dreams for some reason, they were extremely vivid and surprisingly I was able to remember techniques I had learned a long time ago, but the I lacked control and was only able to fly around for a bit, then I got too excited and woke up. The last lucid dream I had was only Monday, and today I decided to stop procrastinating and finally use this account that I had created sometime ago.

I really want to start remembering every night’s dreams again, so that I can start practicing to get some control and stop ruining everything because of excitement and lack of control.

Anyway, what got me into it again was the fact that I finally understood that lucidity and control are different things, I initially gave it up because I got convinced that lucid dreaming is just my mind tricking me into thinking I’m lucid, I changed my mind, and I hope I can make some progress !

Aaaaand I just realized this was pretty long, anyway see you on the forum !

Hello! My name is Melissa, and I am 19. I have had an interest in dreams since I was little and I was so excited when I found out that lucid dreaming actually exists! I’ve had quite a few unintentional, low-level lucid dreams but none where I was fully aware and able to control the world. I am also a very creative minded person. I’m going to school to become a singer/songwriter, but I’ve felt a bit lacking in inspiration lately. I’m hoping that a few lucid dreams will cure that right up! :content:

I’m relatively new, my name is Danny and I’m pretty young being only 13 years old. I enjoy dreaming, video games, and soccer. I want to be an astrophysicist when I get older, but that’s along ways away! I usually have 1 very short LD a week. I’m hoping to make them longer!

Hello folks! I discovered lucid dreaming in 1991 after reading Stephen LaBerge’s early book. I’ve introduced several of my close friends to this over the years, some who went on to become much more successful than me. I’ve only had a few very lucid dreams, and mostly back in the early 90’s. I did reality checks for a while but my motivation gave way to other things - girls, school, surfing. I recently become interested again, and for the last three months have been keeping a dream journal, doing some different types or RCs, trying the WBTB method. My dream recall has been improving over these three months, and I’ve brushed against lucidity twice but have yet to push through.

I’m getting close, and decided to try out some of the online forums, including LD4all and dreamviews.com. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Hello,
I am Merlin just thought this forum looked interesting .I don’t really have any questions. i do have a lot of experience with subjects like these.I have dreams every time i sleep about the future and i remember them all when i wake up. i do not just think i dreamed something at certain times i know i have. using this and many other abilities i have been able to change and control many things around me.I feel that i will be able to help a select few people of this community. Feel free to send me any and all questions/comments you may have in private message on forums i will reply to each of my messages.

Over the course of this year I have naturally been having intense lucid dreams. At first they scared me because I would become aware I was dreaming and fight to get out of the dream and wake up often fighting through layers of dreaming to wake up. This has been happening for months on and off and some dreams were nightmares while others were nuetral or even positive. Last night before I went to sleep I watched a movie with a character in it that was expoloring lucid dreaming. When I went to sleep I myself began to have a lucid dream that was negative but this time instead of forcing myself to wake up I decided to explore it. At first I took out the negative characters in my dream with weapons I had seemingly conjured myself. From there I was able to change the entire atmosphere of my dream with positive surroundings flooded with light and even able to make myself fly. Shortly after this I forced myself to wake up with much effort like I previously had done because I was afraid I could not continue to control my dreaming experience. Thats what brought me to this site after googling more information on lucid dreaming. I am still learning how to use the site and think I may originally posted this in the wrong thread. Has anyone ever experienced lucid dreams without trying to? If so how did you explore this natural ability?

Welcome.

Knowing that you are dreaming can be quite different then knowing you can alter the fabric or weave of a dream.
I am not one to whom the awareness of dreaming comes naturally, but a friend growing up had. He explained it to me as though he were playing a video game. With any video game, there is a period in which you must learn how to control the character.

Likewise in a dream you must to learn to control what effect you can have on its course, to see what level of interaction you are capable of having with your world of dreams. One method, is instead of deciding what to do while dreaming, is to set goals in the waking world of what you would like to accomplish while within a dream. This sense of purpose helps to reinforce control over the dream world as well as eliminate some of the anxiety some face when finding themselves conscious within a dream.

Depending on an individual’s level of control over the fabric of a dream, the goal could be something as simple as looking in a mirror to see the image of your dream self, or something as complex as flying from one place to another, and exploring the new world of your own design. As one accomplishes a small goal, that much more control is learned of dreams and progressively more complex goals can be set.

I am lost in my own mind, but if you search a bit throughout the forum, there are numerous posts and other individuals recounting various goals they have set or accomplished in lucid dreaming that I would think could be a great resource to you. the subforum ld4all.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=49 lucid adventures is sure to be a great and interesting place to start.

I do hope you find the forum a good resource, best of luck to you in your dreaming.

x

:wink: … . This is my first time posting on this site so Hi Fellow Dreamers.

By the way, the emoticons on this site are awesome!

Hmmmm… . How does the cute star things work?

Hi there. I am a person. I am interested in Lucid Dreaming. Also I am new here. Just letting you know :wink: . So yeah um I actually learned about lucid dreaming a year ago but back then I wasn’t really devoted to anything and let it go quickly. I am back into the swing of things now so hahaha yeah. At any rate it is nice weather we’re having. Well maybe. At least I am having nice weather. Unless you’re reading in the future. I always liked that idea that I am writing something and people see it later on it is like I am a time traveler. Well I am to a lesser extent. It’s my messages that are time traveling. Tally-ho then and bye and hello people of the future.

Hi there guys, how is everyone doing? I probably should have joined earlier, but here I am now. Since I had a layer 1 LD as a kid, I’ve had some interest in lucid dreaming. In junior high I made some effort to become lucid again, but I was far too impatient and ignorant to make any progress whatsoever. Since then, I’ve learned a lot from various sources, and with a vastly improved DR, I’m ready to go on some adventures :content: Other than that, I play video games, draw comics, and stay hydrated.

Welcome :content:.

Okay, since I’ve had no formal introduction I think its my turn now so here goes:

Hi. My name is Nadine. I’m 18 & I’m addicted to Sushi. I’ve been experiencing lucid dreams for a very long time, some short & others feeling like hours. I’ve never looked into it until a few days ago when I finally took control of a dream I kept having where I would just randomly started floating away. This time I flew by my own will. :wiske:. Thus said, I am not familiar with the terms the more seasoned dreamers use, but I do hope that I will gain more experience & knowledge through this site.

Oh & did I say I love Sushi? :tongue:

Hi, I’m not exactly new to this site, I once went here long long ago. I don’t even remember what my username was though, so I just created a new account. I must say, I cannot believe that this username was not taken. This is just awesome, I even have a cool avatar to go with it. :woo:

Lol.

:rofl: Lol.

Welcome Back Satan.

Hey guys! I am here trying to learn how to lucid dream and hopefully, have my first one some time soon!

Welcome!

Take the advice from the other users and this site and I’m sure you’re first Lucid Dream (LD) won’t take very long.

This is your new addiction :smile:

Hi all

Very new to all this, been doing research for a couple of days and testing practicing reading reading and reading and reading

The possibilities seem endless

Hoping to have first real LD soon :smile:

GG

Welcome Fellow South African. :happy:

Good Luck & Have Fun.